I had a 9700 for three years before getting the 9900. I loved the keyboards on both. After switching to the Z10 and also playing around with the Q10 at work, I must say I prefer the virtual keyboard now. I'm much faster and it's crazy how much you miss the swipe backwards to delete feature. After my Z10 took a swim, I was using a friends android while I waited for the Z30 to be released and I hated every minute of it.

Ben, I'd wager if you stuck with the Z10 for a week and really took some time with the virtual keyboard, you will understand how having the physical keyboard isn't worth the reduced screen real estate. But that is just my experience.

PS, for anyone thinking about getting the Z10, skip it and get the Z30!!!

Posted via CB10
    LOL, what's the swipe to delete function on the Z?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:35 AM
    Anytime.

You may wanna look into this: http://dbrand.com/submodels/blackber...bUvbUpU9699972

Should fix your backplate and give you the extra polish you're looking for [and yes, I have my Z10 on that (youtube.com/watch?v=KOuKhsKqwfE] - but purely out of fashion needs - the black backplate is not slippery at all). White Carbon Fiber should get you going, I believe.

Very strange. My Z10 does not do that. What OS version you got there?
    Same here. No problem with wifi. I suspect user or router error.

Build quality I felt was better on the Z. The Q felt and looked dated. Last year's BlackBerry.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-13-13 07:41 AM
    LOL, what's the swipe to delete function on the Z?

Posted via CB10
    While you are typing on the virtual keyboard, if you swipe backwards over the keyboard, it deletes the last whole word. If you swipe back with two fingers, it deletes the last two words. Guess what happens if you use three fingers? Saves a lot of time and has become seared into muscle memory.

Posted via CB30
    12-13-13 12:31 PM
    Ben, I'd wager if you stuck with the Z10 for a week and really took some time with the virtual keyboard, you will understand how having the physical keyboard isn't worth the reduced screen real estate. But that is just my experience.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Absolutely everyone has their own preference. I had the Z10 since March and it was my only phone. Again great keyboard but still happy with the Q10 and worth the screen reduction in my case. I still have my Z10 and can always swap if I get the urge.

8320, 9780, 9900, PB 64gb, Z10, Q10
    12-13-13 01:26 PM
79 ... 234