Hey, so I looked around and I could find a thread similar regarding an issue I have been having. I was wondering if anyone knows how one can go about reporting that an application is possibly violating the terms of service.

A quick example of this can be seen in the screenshots below. I searched "Engadget" and got the following applications:

Report Applications on BlackBerry World for removal-img_00000201.jpgReport Applications on BlackBerry World for removal-img_00000202.jpg

The thing is none of these applications are made by Engadget themselves - but it is understandable for "unofficial" applications to be there.
    However most of the 27 under the search are made BlackBerry Application Generator: BlackBerry� App Generator

There are a couple ways this may be seen - by default the applications made via the generator add a "v1" to the title. Most of these developers did not even change that. The bottom bar of all generated applications is the same.

Having used this myself, I believe that it is a violation of its terms of use to charge for content which you do not own - or do not have the consent to publish.

So for the sake of consumers - and the quality of applications is there any way to report such applications in BlackBerry World?
    [I don't have a problem with a free application being made like this, but from my understanding the paid one I mentioned above violates the terms of service]
    vaioman and russworman like this.
    04-18-13 07:26 PM
    Agreed, there should be an easy report process. Particularly if a legitimate rights holder wants a takedown, but even to collect reports on apps like this one.

I like the App Generator, but when it's being used to blatantly rip off someone else's content it gives BB10 developers and the entire platform a bad name.
    Bilzac likes this.
    04-18-13 07:49 PM
    While I agree with the sentiment, it would be up to AOL (the owner of Engadget) to file a copyright infringement claim. They specify in their RSS feed:

<copyright>
    Copyright 2013 AOL Inc. The contents of this feed are available for non-commercial use only.
    </copyright>
    04-18-13 08:26 PM
    You can report apps to BlackBerry Just Google it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:30 PM
    The reason got these is simple.

RIM gave devs 100 for every blog they submitted from app generator.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:45 PM
    While I agree with the sentiment, it would be up to AOL (the owner of Engadget) to file a copyright infringement claim. They specify in their RSS feed:

<copyright>
    Copyright 2013 AOL Inc. The contents of this feed are available for non-commercial use only.
    </copyright>
    I was not aware of the rss feed copyright tag. However I still believe that it is tough for the BlackBerry internal team to handle and filter through all the applications submitted - especially if the volume of applications submitted keeps increasing. Having this ability would simply provide an easy method to report applications which may violate the terms of service of BlackBerry in different ways (other than the one I mentioned above).

You can report apps to BlackBerry Just Google it.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I found this: BlackBerry - How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations on BlackBerry App World - Canada, I guess I felt that there should be an easier way much like we have on the forums, where you "mark or report as ...." in the BlackBerry World application itself.

The reason got these is simple.

RIM gave devs 100 for every blog they submitted from app generator.

Posted via CB10
    I guess so - but I am not trying to say whether their incentive programs are right or wrong. Just trying to find an easy way for the community to help them clean up their store, in the case of violations and all.
    04-18-13 10:07 PM
    I'd like to see it improved too.

An option is to email Engadget.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:42 PM
    04-19-13 12:25 AM
    Ops didn't see you found it, but ya there should be a easier way.

Posted via CB10
    Bilzac likes this.
    04-19-13 12:26 AM
    I'd like to see it improved too.

An option is to email Engadget.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest I don't mind emailing other companies, but I rather not email Engadget (or other tech blogs) about this - if they end up looking at the complaint - I don't want to risk seeing a story bashing BlackBerry.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 03:44 AM