I have several Shaw accounts set up on my Z10 and one Hotmail account.

If I receive a message via my Shaw account, I can only reply via the account it was received through.

If I receive a message via my Hotmail account, I can reply via any account on the phone.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks.
    10-29-13 12:26 AM
    Fixed your thread title typo for you!
    ssbtech likes this.
    10-29-13 12:42 AM

If I receive a message via my Shaw account, I can only reply via the account it was received through.

If I receive a message via my Hotmail account, I can reply via any account on the phone.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks.
    You can either copy the content, and compose a new mail using the other account,

-or

You can forward the email to your other account, then - reply from there as soon as it arrives....
    10-29-13 09:29 AM
    Or instead of replying, forward and then change the sending email address.
    10-29-13 09:44 AM
    Are you on 10.1? If you are then hit reply and then stick your thumb on the body of the email and then drag down the message until you can see the email header. It is there that you can select to reply using a different account.
    10-29-13 09:47 AM
    Interesting work arounds but I'd still like to know why it is possible with my Hotmail account but not the shaw accounts.

Posted from a touch screen phone with no trackpad. Please excuse the poor formatting a.d grammatical and spelling errors.
    10-29-13 09:48 AM
    Are you on 10.1? If you are then hit reply and then stick your thumb on the body of the email and then drag down the message until you can see the email header. It is there that you can select to reply using a different account.

I discovered the pull down to select a different account by accident. As I said above the option to change the outgoing account is only available when replying to messages received from the Hotmail account.

Posted from a touch screen phone with no trackpad. Please excuse the poor formatting a.d grammatical and spelling errors.
    10-29-13 09:53 AM

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks.
    But isn't that just how email has always worked? Even from your email client on a PC?

If you reply to an email you got, it is sent from the account it came to you on. Otherwise, it's not really a "reply" anymore. It's just another message from another account.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:58 AM
    Interesting work arounds but I'd still like to know why it is possible with my Hotmail account but not the shaw accounts.

I don't believe I can do it with any of my accounts. Right now I only have Windows Live emails to test with and I can't do it with that.

If you can do it with some accounts and not others, I would seem it isn't a BlackBerry thing.
    10-29-13 10:05 AM
    But isn't that just how email has always worked? Even from your email client on a PC?
    Nope,

Just tried Outlook Express on XP - if you reply to a message you can select the outgoing account.

I've done this with every version of Outlook I've used too.
    10-29-13 10:42 AM
    So no ideas as to why this only works for messages received via Hotmail?
    11-05-13 01:30 AM