Well I am on wind mobile and using the LE Z10 so no pre-installed carrier crap came with it but upon installing the sim it put a wind mobile icon there. It doesn't delete and every time it's moved to a folder upon reboot it comes back to home screen. Anyway to remove or I am stuck with it? Same goes with that darn boot screen of wind right after blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:13 PM
    Unfortunately your stuck with both, however it's weird the bloatware moves itself out of the folder

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:56 PM
    My Wind Z10 came with what I consider bloatware, others may not. Stuff like foursquare, games, box and dropbox and a couple of others. I deleted them and promptly got the small update that re-installed them. Then I moved them to a junk folder and forgot them. The Wind icon is another matter, you can't kill it, you can't move it to the junk folder and forget it, it keeps returning to the home screen icons. The best I could do was bury it on the third screen with other stuff i rarely use.
    07-07-13 04:08 PM
    Unfortunately your stuck with both, however it's weird the bloatware moves itself out of the folder

Posted via CB10
    I have one icon of bloatware by my provider (T-Mobile Netherlands) and the same thing happens to me, after every reboot I have to drag it back to the junk folder. I've accepted it but it certainly would be nice if it remained in that folder.
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 07-07-13 at 05:27 PM.
    07-07-13 04:44 PM
    Well I am on wind mobile and using the LE Z10 so no pre-installed carrier crap came with it but upon installing the sim it put a wind mobile icon there. It doesn't delete and every time it's moved to a folder upon reboot it comes back to home screen. Anyway to remove or I am stuck with it? Same goes with that darn boot screen of wind right after blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    I'm the same . LE on Wind we are sol. It just keeps coming back.

It's possible to overcome if I can get my hands on the actual BAR.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-07-13 04:52 PM
    Wow really? So basically putting in a new SIM card from another carrier leads to changes in programs loaded as well as the startup screen etc?

Man, so if I unlock this phone and use it on prepaid sims when I travel, it will basically change everything in the phone?
    07-08-13 12:47 AM
    Exactly! This is seriously baffling - it's an LE Z10 that's unlocked from the beginning si why fill it with carrier bs upon installing the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:45 AM
    I have the same 'problem', I think it has to do with installing the APN and they automatically install the crappy logos and annoying ring tone together with it...

Interesting thing is, is it legal to do that...? I use the carrier but didn't buy the device from them... so why do we have to look at their crappy logos etc.

Posted from the awesome Z10
    07-08-13 07:14 AM
    Yes it is legal for the carrier to push apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:22 AM
    lol so its basically pointless to buy a new unmarked phone other than the phone not having physical logos outside of it cause once you change carriers they flip their software on you? What if you go through a few carriers do you just accumulate bloatware or is it override?

Say you are with a carrier with startup boot logo. Then you move to someone without it, does it go away now?
    07-08-13 09:23 AM
    Just to be clear. If I can get my hands on the BAR files for Wind,

I can "remove it" for us.

I have to sign it as a hidden app that's empty with a higher version than the real wind.

Would still use up like 64kb. But at least it's dead

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-08-13 10:44 AM
    Well thanks, but my Z10 is not a 'rebooter' so I don't see them as much as others do... :P

Posted from the awesome Z10
    07-08-13 11:34 AM
    I have a from the beginning factory unlocked z10 under my provider A1, I have no Brandings or similar, just a icon in Form of a sim card in the menu which includes tools from the provider.

So if my provider decides to display a branding they can do that via a push?!
    And I can have it unlocked how much I want it gets branded?
    07-08-13 04:19 PM