Hey. My friend is selling his Z10. How to remove BlackBerry ID from Z10?
    07-16-20 11:03 AM
    Hey. My friend is selling his Z10. How to remove BlackBerry ID from Z10?
    Have him/her go to: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...&locale=ZW4%3D to sign in and remove BlackBerry Protect (Use a PC to do this) and also on the Z10 go to Settings/BlackBerry Protect/toggle to off.
    07-16-20 11:15 AM
    Have him/her go to: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...&locale=ZW4%3D to sign in and remove BlackBerry Protect (Use a PC to do this) and also on the Z10 go to Settings/BlackBerry Protect/toggle to off.
    Thanks
    07-16-20 11:18 AM
    Thanks

See post #6 and #10
    Last edited by brookie229; 07-16-20 at 11:58 AM.
    07-16-20 11:22 AM
    @conite can confirm, but I think you need to remove it from the website first, then turn it off on the phone.

Then, after a wipe or OS reload, it should ask you to create a BBID.
    07-16-20 11:22 AM
    Should note that its sometimes difficult to see the area where you delete the account. When you log in go to "options" at the top of the web page to delete account.
    Don't delete the account!!! The device has to be removed from Protect.
    07-16-20 11:30 AM
    @conite can confirm, but I think you need to remove it from the website first, then turn it off on the phone.

Then, after a wipe or OS reload, it should ask you to create a BBID.
    It's a mixed bag of seemingly random results.

Technically, if removed online, it should translate to the device after a reboot. But.....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-16-20 11:30 AM
    Wrong choice of words - but I meant Protect - that's why I guided them to "options" where you can remove Protect.

See next POST for CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS!
    07-16-20 11:47 AM
    oohh yes - remove device is different from deleting protect account!! Yikes.
    07-16-20 11:50 AM
    Thanks
    So hopefully you did not follow my previous instruction : Do this:

1. sign into BBID via the link I gave above using a PC.
    2. Click on "Manage Devices"
    3. Click on Remove
    4. Then in Z10 go Settings/Blackberry Protect/ tap off
    07-16-20 11:54 AM
    So hopefully you did not follow my previous instruction : Do this:

1. sign into BBID via the link I gave above using a PC.
    2. Click on "Manage Devices"
    3. Click on Remove
    4. Then in Z10 go Settings/Blackberry Protect/ tap off
    Do you need to wipe the device after removing it from Protect and then turning it off on the device like I have read elsewhere? If so, hat is the point of doing that?
    I was hoping that I could keep the notes that i have in the Remember app in the event that I can't get them on the device I just purchased. It's a Sony Xperia 5 II, and since android is totally unfamiliar to me, so until I figure it out, I need those notes.
    ios was easier to figure out while playing on my wife's phone, but there is a lot of features I need that are not available on an iPhone.I
    11-20-21 06:57 PM
    Do you need to wipe the device after removing it from Protect and then turning it off on the device. I was hoping that I could keep the notes that i have in the Remember app in the event that I can't get them on the device I just purchased. It's a Sony Xperia 5 II, and since android is totally unfamiliar to me, so until I figure it out, I need those notes. ios was easier to figure playing on my wife's phone, but there is a lot of features I need that are not available on an iPhone.
    You have to wipe before you can log in without a BBID, yes.
    11-20-21 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    11-20-21 07:06 PM
    It's been over a month now since I wiped my Z30, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up the phone without a BBID, or even if I'm supposed to be able to set it up. Then there's the question of whether I can back it up so I regain all of my notes? I could not get any data transfer apps to work on both phones, they would only work on one or the other, so I had to transfer all of my contacts one by one, all 400+ of them. I have fewer notes, but the information in those notes far exceed the number of contacts I have, so I've only transferred a fraction of them.
    12-24-21 01:01 PM
    It's been over a month now since I wiped my Z30, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up the phone without a BBID, or even if I'm supposed to be able to set it up.
    Remove Blackberry Protect, wipe device, and set it up by skipping BBID login.
    ByeByeBerry likes this.
    12-24-21 01:15 PM
    It's been over a month since I wiped my Z30, but I can't figure out how to set up the phone without a BBID, or even if I'm supposed to be able to set it up. Then there's the question of whether I can back it up so I regain all of my notes? I could not get any data transfer apps to work on my Z10 and my Xperia, they would only work on one or the other, so I had to transfer all of my contacts one by one...all 400+ of them. I have fewer note folders than 400, but the information in those folders far exceed the number of contacts I have, so I have only transferred a fraction of them thus far.
    You won't be able to back up or restore with Link without a BBID, nor will you be able to back up or restore with a BBID post shut down in January.
    12-24-21 01:32 PM
    You won't be able to back up or restore with Link without a BBID, nor will you be able to back up or restore with a BBID post shut down in January.
    So I can just remove BlackBerry Protect and not wipe the phone, hoping I will still be able to view my notes in Remember. Or I'm going to be really busy transferring my notes one by one until January 4th, or else lose most of them.
    12-24-21 01:46 PM
    So I can just remove BlackBerry Protect and not wipe the phone, hoping I will still be able to view my notes in Remember. Or I'm going to be really busy transferring my notes one by one until January 4th, or else lose most of them.
    Deal with your notes before you wipe. Ultimate Backup will do the job.

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485

No point in disabling Protect until you're ready to wipe and set it up without a BBID.
    12-24-21 01:53 PM
    Deal with your notes before you wipe. Ultimate Backup will do the job.

Buy Ultimate Backup For BlackBerry 10

No point in disabling Protect until you're ready to wipe and set it up without a BBID.
    I'm not ready to wipe my Z10, but should I still remove the device from BlackBerry Protect on the website before Jan 4th?
    01-01-22 09:18 PM
    I'm not ready to wipe my Z10, but should I still remove the device from BlackBerry Protect on the website before Jan 4th?
    You mean you've decided NOT to wipe and set it up without a BBID prior to shutdown?

If so, I'm not sure removing it from Protect really matters at all. If you keep your BBID, you would be screwed if you ever have to wipe after shutdown either way.
    01-01-22 09:29 PM
    It probably does not matter if you remove Protect on the website or not but I've done that for my Passport anyway. It's not going to work anyway after the 4th so why not. Who knows, maybe the fewer hooks to BB, the better for your device during the shutdown. I'm also going to put the device in airplane mode the day before, turned all Assistant bullets off etc. Will it matter? I doubt it.

Oh and a small note: I had a couple of rogue apps with accounts that did not totally uninstall. One was Blaq and another was for S10 for Slack. I wanted a clean Passport so I downloaded Accounts Cleaner while I still could and got rid of those leftover accounts.
    Last edited by brookie229; 01-01-22 at 10:31 PM.
    01-01-22 10:20 PM
    You mean you've decided NOT to wipe and set it up without a BBID prior to shutdown?

If so, I'm not sure removing it from Protect really matters at all. If you keep your BBID, you would be screwed if you ever have to wipe after shutdown either way.
    Perhaps I misunderstand. Are you saying I won't be able to use an autoloader to wipe my Z10 and set it up without a BBID after Jan 4th?
    01-02-22 01:23 AM
    Perhaps I misunderstand. Are you saying I won't be able to use an autoloader to wipe my Z10 and set it up without a BBID after Jan 4th?
    If you'll try to use an autoloader after the 4th (with a phone still setup with BBID) then your phone will urge for a BBID to proceed the setup process. As the servers are down you probably won't be able to successfully login with that and you won't be able to skip BBID either - meaning you're stuck.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-22 01:57 AM
    If you'll try to use an autoloader after the 4th (with a phone still setup with BBID) then your phone will urge for a BBID to proceed the setup process. As the servers are down you probably won't be able to successfully login with that and you won't be able to skip BBID either - meaning you're stuck.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. The only reason I wanted to do this was so my Z10 wouldn't be a brick if I wanted to sell or give away my Z10.

Guess I better get it done in the next two days, eh?
    01-02-22 02:09 AM
    Thanks. The only reason I wanted to do this was so my Z10 wouldn't be a brick if I wanted to sell or give away my Z10.

Guess I better get it done in the next two days, eh?
    If you want the opportunity to be able to reload the OS in the future - that is probably a good choice.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 01-02-22 at 04:29 AM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-22 02:18 AM
54 123