I trink, BlackBerry does this to get higher user acceptance by having access to a wider app basis. In fact,they will lose all those customers who came to BlackBerry because they didn't want to give all their private Data to a company that makes bussiness with that data.
    Perhaps apple will be successor for such customers.

Posted via CB10
    playfoot likes this.
    03-08-15 04:11 PM
    You can't change permissions on Android apps. Not on BlackBerry 10, not on Android.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-08-15 06:32 PM
    you can root Android phones then you can change permissions

Posted via CB10
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-09-15 01:08 AM
    You can't change permissions on Android apps. Not on BlackBerry 10, not on Android.
    You can. There's an Android app called Advanced Permission Manager that will allow you to directly modify APK files and remove permissions. It works!
    03-09-15 08:07 AM
    You can. There's an Android app called Advanced Permission Manager that will allow you to directly modify APK files and remove permissions. It works!
    you can root Android phones then you can change permissions
    Let me fix that for myself:
    You can't (without using hacking tools) change permissions on Android apps. Not on BlackBerry 10, not on Android.
    Be advised: Some apps honestly need the permissions they require in order to work properly. An app cannot shoot email invitations without contact permissions, not add calendar events to your list without calendar permissions.

Mess it up at your own peril.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-09-15 08:21 AM
    Thanks. Removes ALL permissions and Amacrap Store just force closes now. Still installed but does squat when clicked.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-09-15 08:42 AM
    Thanks. Removes ALL permissions and Amacrap Store just force closes now. Still installed but does squat when clicked.
    Oh right, forgot to thank the guy. I'm all for fine tuning permissions when needed. Specially "run on boot".

Remove Amazon Appstore?-img_20150309_142038.png
    03-09-15 12:18 PM
    Mess it up at your own peril.
    Isn't this fun, guys? Come on. I'm having lots of fun experimenting and seeing just how many permissions I can remove before the app crashes on me! (or before the Permission Manager app drains the battery haha)

I had a good laugh the other day when I removed ALL ten permissions of this one banking app.. and it works perfectly, except for the branch locator because I removed the Location permission, but I don't need it anyways. Take that, Spydroid!
    03-10-15 03:12 AM
    Isn't this fun, guys? Come on. I'm having lots of fun experimenting and seeing just how many permissions I can remove before the app crashes on me! (or before the Permission Manager app drains the battery haha)

I had a good laugh the other day when I removed ALL ten permissions of this one banking app.. and it works perfectly, except for the branch locator because I removed the Location permission, but I don't need it anyways. Take that, Spydroid!
    LOL. I guess that's the case with a ton of other apps out there... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-10-15 03:26 AM

Not all devs are made the same. Some are absurdly lazy and leave the default permissions on even when their apps don't really need anything to run properly.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-10-15 08:16 AM
    I am very annoyed with this app. I keep getting nagged to update it, but I've never used it and don't plan to. Putting it in a 'dud' folder doesn't stop the nags. If BB is going to bake apps in, the least it could do would be to make them update themselves so I'm not forced to maintain something I never wanted in the first place.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    04-23-15 10:56 AM
    Yup, my one os gone. Comes only back after os upgrade.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    jazzysouma likes this.
    04-23-15 12:45 PM
    I just spent about 45 minutes talking to an app developer at Amazon, and even she was surprised that there's no way to remove the app.

My main concerns with this app are security-related. But I also am mightily pissed at both Amazon and Blackberry for forcing the install and not allowing it to be uninstalled or the permissions modified. If Blackberry's going to start acting like Google, they'll be losing another of their few remaining users. I'm tempted to close my Amazon account, as well. Their shipping's been less-than-wonderful lately, anyway.

In the meantime, there's a free Android app called F-Secure App Permissions (that I downloaded from the Amazon AppStore, ironically enough). It allowed me to uninstall the Amazon app. Now if I tap the icon, it requests permissions and tries to install; and if I decline the permission, the app closes. I stashed the icon (sans permissions) with the rest of the crap I never use; so that's sort of a workaround for now.

I hope BB / Amazon come to their senses and allow this app to be uninstalled. Otherwise, this may well be my last BlackBerry. In fact, I was thinking about ordering one as a spare (seriously) , but that plan is now on hold pending resolution of this issue. If I wanted forced spyware crap downloads, I'd buy an Android.

Richard
    Last edited by GeekOnTheHill; 07-06-15 at 12:02 AM.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    07-05-15 10:41 PM
    I couldn't agree more with Richard!

I finally decided to find a solution and this is what I did:
    1. Bought new Nokia Lumia 928 and loaded Windows 8.1 OS. I found that the integration across devices (phone, laptops) to be excellent and security controls within cloud access to be more than I expected. (Even my iPad).
    2. Since Amazon continues to increase Prime subscription costs and delivery has deteriorated and that they now track any items I highlight in the ebooks; I visited my local private, non-chain book store and asked if they could come close to the prices I see on Amazon and order any book I wanted? The answer was "of course I will"! They also said they can have the book next day or at the longest, a few days for pick-up. They also offered to increase the selection of the specific areas I want to read. For example, since I really like the Wiley "Bible" series of books on Windows applications they offered to have the Windows 10 book in-stock waiting for me the day it is released. I ordered 2 non-technical books on the spot.

I have found better product solutions, higher service levels, and easier vendor interface than with the automated robo vendor such as Amazon. I wonder if we have reached a level of advancement in the retail channel where the traditional vendor will take what was good about the online vendors and incorporate it into the face-to-face channel? So far I am elated with the switch from Amazon to the local bookstore and I am VERY pleased with the Microsoft solution. Even Apple has taken a step into the more secure world by offering greater control of your phone data with their new OS.

I think BB took a path down the Palm Pilot track never to return...Sad. I really liked them from day one, but I just had to give up.
    playfoot and jazzysouma like this.
    07-06-15 04:59 AM
    I have used the Google settings directly to remove the amazon apps.
    Store and appstore.
    Now the icon of the appstore is still there but the app isn't working anymore.
    The amazon store icon is vanished.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    jazzysouma likes this.
    07-06-15 05:00 AM
    I found an app store update when I was in Settings and downloaded it. This time when the app asked for permissions I declined and the app store closed.
    07-06-15 06:51 AM
    The security problem with this new, forced Amazon app (which I'll call the "Blue Cart" app to distinguish it from the App Store) is that it uses a common login with the App Store. So if you're logged in to the App Store, then you're also logged in to the Blue Cart app, where your entire Amazon account is accessible: orders and purchases, payment methods, S3 storage if you use it, and so on.

If you log out of the Blue Cart app, then you also are logged out of the App Store, which means that any apps you downloaded or purchased through Amazon won't work. So in order to use any apps you obtained through Amazon, you have to walk around with your BlackBerry constantly logged in to your Amazon purchase account, which is ********. It's a security risk. I don't even stayed logged in to Amazon or other vendor sites on my office computer, which is firewalled, password-protected, and behind locked doors. It's simply bad practice.

The fact that the app requires and won't let users change permissions that it has no need for (such as location services) except for datamining purposes is also an insult to users' privacy. If I want to carry a beacon around with me to constantly report my whereabouts to its overlords, there are plenty of Android devices to choose from -- almost all of which are cheaper than my BlackBerry.

The biggest reason why BlackBerry has any users left at all is the platform's security and privacy. This forced app and its nosey permission requirements compromise that. IT is sure to push even more users away.

Just as an aside, the Blue Cart app actually is pretty well-done as shopping apps go. If I didn't have a house full of computers, it would be a perfectly adequate way of ordering stuff from Amazon. But it's simply idiotic to be forced to walk around with a logged-in shopping app running all the time, and it's an insult to BlackBerry's traditions of privacy and security that they forced this app and don't provide a way to remove it or limit its permissions. That's unconscionable. It reflects an about-face in BlackBerry's long history of respect for users' privacy; and if they doesn't change it, they're going to lose even more users, probably including myself.

Richard
    jazzysouma and playfoot like this.
    07-06-15 10:23 AM
    The security problem with this new, forced Amazon app (which I'll call the "Blue Cart" app to distinguish it from the App Store) is that it uses a common login with the App Store. So if you're logged in to the App Store, then you're also logged in to the Blue Cart app, where your entire Amazon account is accessible: orders and purchases, payment methods, S3 storage if you use it, and so on.

If you log out of the Blue Cart app, then you also are logged out of the App Store, which means that any apps you downloaded or purchased through Amazon won't work. So in order to use any apps you obtained through Amazon, you have to walk around with your BlackBerry constantly logged in to your Amazon purchase account, which is ********. It's a security risk. I don't even stayed logged in to Amazon or other vendor sites on my office computer, which is firewalled, password-protected, and behind locked doors. It's simply bad practice.

The fact that the app requires and won't let users change permissions that it has no need for (such as location services) except for datamining purposes is also an insult to users' privacy. If I want to carry a beacon around with me to constantly report my whereabouts to its overlords, there are plenty of Android devices to choose from -- almost all of which are cheaper than my BlackBerry.

The biggest reason why BlackBerry has any users left at all is the platform's security and privacy. This forced app and its nosey permission requirements compromise that. IT is sure to push even more users away.

Just as an aside, the Blue Cart app actually is pretty well-done as shopping apps go. If I didn't have a house full of computers, it would be a perfectly adequate way of ordering stuff from Amazon. But it's simply idiotic to be forced to walk around with a logged-in shopping app running all the time, and it's an insult to BlackBerry's traditions of privacy and security that they forced this app and don't provide a way to remove it or limit its permissions. That's unconscionable. It reflects an about-face in BlackBerry's long history of respect for users' privacy; and if they doesn't change it, they're going to lose even more users, probably including myself.

Richard
    Yes, I agree, that needs fixing. Please BlackBerry, get this done!
    At least give us the chance to manage permissions for this app.

:-D

�   Chendroid or not? - QNoX powered ftw...?   �
    07-06-15 05:39 PM

Richard
    Blackberry is already on the dark side, it will soon be Android or die a lonely death. There is no turning back, the BB you and I know is a thing of the past. BB should stop selling hardware.
    jazzysouma and anon(5597702) like this.
    07-07-15 08:51 AM
44 12