Is there any known working way of removing this thing? I use Snap for the (extremely few) amount of Android apps that I actually use and I have never and will never use this Appstore. I would like it removed from my phone permanently. Unfortunately there appears to be no working way to do it that I can find. There are a few methods talked about but the icon just comes right back again after a reboot.

Does anyone know of any working way to remove this thing from my phone. I absolutely detest uninstall-protected apps that are forced onto devices and I highly doubt that the Amazon Appstore (which in itself is an Android app) is a system application. I want it gone.
    playfoot, CDM76 and jazzysouma like this.
    02-23-15 01:04 PM
    not possible
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:06 PM
    Is there any known working way of removing this thing? I use Snap for the (extremely few) amount of Android apps that I actually use and I have never and will never use this Appstore. I would like it removed from my phone permanently. Unfortunately there appears to be no working way to do it that I can find. There are a few methods talked about but the icon just comes right back again after a reboot.

Does anyone know of any working way to remove this thing from my phone. I absolutely detest uninstall-protected apps that are forced onto devices and I highly doubt that the Amazon Appstore (which in itself is an Android app) is a system application. I want it gone.
    Put the icon in a folder with the other junk that exists on the phone and don't look at it.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-23-15 01:08 PM
    Just don't use it and move to some folder... there isn't a way to remove it. It doesn't interfere with anything anyway, does it?

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    02-23-15 01:08 PM
    Two options to remove it

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...10-3-a-961657/

Or use cleaner android app to remove it
    02-23-15 01:10 PM
    Two options to remove it

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...10-3-a-961657/

Or use cleaner android app to remove it
    It comes back after a reboot if you do this.
    02-23-15 01:17 PM
    It comes back after a reboot if you do this.
    Which one?

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    02-23-15 06:37 PM
    If I can't delete an app I don't need I put it in a folder called duds.

Posted via CB10
    jazzysouma likes this.
    02-23-15 07:29 PM
    I did it when on 10.3 with android cleaner.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    02-23-15 07:33 PM
    putting it in a folder doesn't fix the fact that it is a battery draining virus that is constantly running in the back ground
    jazzysouma likes this.
    02-25-15 01:28 PM
    putting it in a folder doesn't fix the fact that it is a battery draining virus that is constantly running in the back ground
    you got a screenshot claiming this because mine doesn't constantly run nor be a battery drainer. Matter of fact I've only opened it once so far on my classic and that's when I first turned the phone on to install my apps and that's it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-15 02:38 PM
    I stand corrected. it is the amazon app not the amazon app store that was always running in the background draining my battery
    jazzysouma likes this.
    02-25-15 02:45 PM
    I stand corrected. it is the amazon app not the amazon app store that was always running in the background draining my battery
    You may want to check out Search For Amazon by S4BB in BlackBerry World. It's a native BB10 version of Amazon shopping app. It will also add Amazon to to your Universal Search.

Just make sure in the app's own Settings that you turn off the option to receive promotional messages in Hub.
    Pieter101010 likes this.
    02-25-15 03:05 PM
    Did you find any way to permanently remove it yet ? I just tried and am getting seriously pissed off over this issue now. It will not allow to turn off Location or shared files . Current or saved locations and all the other Media files. Option to turn off running in background is all. Put in a folder and forget about it some are saying. How about i take this Blackberry i had for 2 years and fire it in the trash with all the other spy phones. ( Current OS Z10 ...( edit ) i just looked in my phone and the Amazon Appstore is permanent. Cant be removed currentlyRemove Amazon Appstore?-amazon-appstore.jpg
    Last edited by Tobinarp; 02-26-15 at 04:58 PM.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    02-26-15 04:26 PM
    I agree wholeheartedly. I too want it OFF my phone.

One of the many, many reasons why I buy unlocked phones, either for corporate or personal, is to avoid all the useless and annoying advertising.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    02-26-15 06:02 PM
    Did you find any way to permanently remove it yet ? I just tried and am getting seriously pissed off over this issue now. It will not allow to turn off Location or shared files . Current or saved locations and all the other Media files. Option to turn off running in background is all. Put in a folder and forget about it some are saying. How about i take this Blackberry i had for 2 years and fire it in the trash with all the other spy phones. ( Current OS Z10 ...( edit ) i just looked in my phone and the Amazon Appstore is permanent. Cant be removed currentlyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Amazon Appstore.JPG 
Views:	933 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	337212
    Well, if one app seriously makes you want to get rid of your phone, I'll PM you my address.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my .... ! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever)
    02-26-15 06:57 PM
    I am also annoyed by Amazon and BlackBerry. With OS10.3 it's no longer possible to buy music in BB World. Instead it seems that we should use Amazon Appstore?
    But Amazon Appstore demands access to all user Data, even location Data! Even stored location data!
    Now it's almost two Years ago, I decided not to buy an Android phone . I warted to avoid that an US company like Google gets full access to my private Data. Despite I spent more money for a BlackBerry phone. If I have to give Amazon access to my data, there is no reason to use BlackBerry further on.
    I hope they(BB) change Access Police to App store otherwise I have to change System!!!!
    I am worried that BlackBerry still doesn't understand that privacy is important for their Customer. If they neglect, they will lose them. If they preserve, that is a reason to stay with BlackBerry. That should be more important than for the mainstream system Android .

Posted via CB10
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-02-15 05:14 PM
    You can remove it with Sachesi.
    Put the berry on your PC, connect, look in the list of files for your Amazon, and choose remove. Done with it.
    Worked for meand it's never come back.

Posted via CB10
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-02-15 05:33 PM
    You can remove it with Sachesi.
    Put the berry on your PC, connect, look in the list of files for your Amazon, and choose remove. Done with it.
    Worked for meand it's never come back.

Posted via CB10
    You sure it's never come back after reboot?
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-02-15 05:38 PM
    I clicked on the Amazon App store icon, but I declined to give it any access. It says if I give it permission, I can review these permissions later. What can I uncheck later, or does it even let you uncheck anything?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:06 PM
    What happens if you give permissions to this app? What can you uncheck later, if anything?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:10 PM
    Something keeps calling on my gps when I turn on my phone for hours on and off and I think it's the amazon app store. I would like this removed as well. At least to find out. It's the only app other than maps to call for the gps.

Posted via CB10
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-04-15 08:49 PM
    It would be ideal if BlackBerry would allow this app to be uninstalled (some of their decisions are hard to understand), but I just checked the Device Monitor on my phone, and it only appears under Storage. After launching the Amazon Appstore for the first time, it continued to appear in the Device Monitor until I restarted the phone, but it hasn't appeared since (I never logged into the app, so I don't know if that makes a difference).

For people who haven't launched it and don't want to use it, just stick it in a folder and never touch it, which will keep it off your App Permissions list. If you already launched it, it's going to remain in the App Permissions list, so just disable the only permission you can, and restart the phone. That should practically keep it quiet, so just don't use it. If that's not enough, try the other suggestions to remove it.
    03-04-15 09:47 PM
    I just removed it from my Passport using Sachesi. The icon is gone, the app is gone from Apps Permissions pane. But I'm too afraid to reboot the phone to see it's back again. Lol

UPDATE: The Amazon App store returned after a reboot. So, yeah, you can't get rid of it for good. It's baked right into the system.
    Last edited by antikorr; 03-06-15 at 07:28 AM.
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-06-15 05:40 AM
    I must chime-in to say I was very disappointed in the initial description that I could "control" the permissions for Amazon Audible later in Security after installation. I don't agree with this description. None of the permissions were changeable or removable. I couldn't even remove the permissions in total. Since I have only had my BB Passport for a few days I did a security wipe. Now Amazon is safely tucked away in my Sh*t folder never to be seen again. I love my Passport and the security. Sorry Android, I'm not a fan.

I agree with others that commented they don't trust Amazon or Android. This is a perfect example of past experiences with the Android OS and Amazon as a retailer. They take you down a path of not a lie, but not exactly the truth either. Now why would a company need to do that?
    jazzysouma likes this.
    03-07-15 05:49 AM
44 12