Is there a way to remove the Amazon app store from my z10? It starts to bug me with constant app upgrade reminders. Plus it also wants too many permissions that are not possible to disable.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 12:13 AM
    I did so with DBBT, but it came back without notice.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 12:45 AM
    Just log out.

Or simply change your notification settings within the app.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 12:48 AM
    Why does Amazon need access to camera and microphone? This can not be disabled in app manager.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:24 AM
    Why does Amazon need access to camera and microphone? This can not be disabled in app manager.

Posted via CB10
    It's frustrating that the Android runtime doesn't have a feature to control its app's permissions. However, I have Google Play install (ala Cobalt) and installed an app called, Permission Manager. Screenshot attached...
    Remove Amazon app store?-img_20150719_082915.png

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:35 AM
    It's frustrating that the Android runtime doesn't have a feature to control its app's permissions. However, I have Google Play install (ala Cobalt) and installed an app called, Permission Manager. Screenshot attached...

Posted via CB10
    You will notice that the specific permission toggles only appear after a particular permission has been used for the first time. It seems that Amazon only ever actually uses "location" and "notifications". The rest is handed off to the BlackBerry Runtime and the BlackBerry File Manager. Good to know.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 10:53 AM
    II have Google Play install (ala Cobalt) and installed an app called, Permission Manager.
    Will installing this ala cobalt let me uninstall the Amazon App? (not the store app, just the amazon app). I have tried everything but no luck.
    09-18-15 04:46 AM
    No as it is built into the software and has no connection to Google play store or google play services. The amazon apps are thru a partnership with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 05:57 AM
    Remove Amazon app store?-img_20150918_165913.jpgBut I mean the Amazon app, the one with the little shopping trolley, it can't be built with the phone as I installed it subsequently, I don't mean the Amazon store which is fine and has always been there. Besides, the Amazon app with the trolley I want to delete from the launcher is already not working, clicking it won't lead me anywhere, it must have got stuck on the launcher somehow.
    Last edited by crowning73; 09-18-15 at 10:02 AM.
    09-18-15 06:21 AM
    I know what one you are talking about. It is included in the 10.3.2 software as it is a partnership between BlackBerry and Amazon

Posted via CB10
    crowning73 likes this.
    09-18-15 08:39 PM
    I see. I remember installing it myself on Amazon Prime day (a month ago or so it was in my country) as they were promising a further discount if anyone did that, which never came of course, so I've been trying to uninstall it since with little success, but I did reach the point where clicking the icon didn't do anything anymore, now you say it's included in the latest software kind of makes sense as I updated the operating system yesterday, and clicking that Amazon icon now I can see the app is now back fully working.
    09-19-15 01:09 AM
    Try this:

Settings ----------> Security and Privacy ----------> Parental Controls On---------> off Amazon App.

Posted via my BlackBerry � Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    09-19-15 01:12 AM
    This is why I left Android. My BlackBerry was like heaven on earth until the Amazon store. Then it was back to errors and updates and reduced batt life from an app (now 2 of them) that are always running unnecessarily.

"Why have I waited so long to switch to BlackBerry?", said I.
    09-19-15 07:35 AM
    Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permissions>and un-tick Run When Mimimized?
    09-19-15 08:41 AM
    This Amazon app is getting annoying now, keeps requiring updates and it's mandatory to be logged in in order to use other apps. Annoying.
    10-05-15 02:20 AM
    This Amazon app is getting annoying now, keeps requiring updates and it's mandatory to be logged in in order to use other apps. Annoying.
    Required only to use the free "offered" apps.

If you didn't get any through the new Underground app, just go to your Device Monitor, search the "Amazon" app, and remove it. Then restart. The icon will still be here but the service won't start until you accept the app permissions. So don't. And you kept your Android apps which you can update through the Amazon "Appstore" now (except the free "offered" ones, you get it).
    10-05-15 05:03 AM
    No I'm not sure I get it, I have ten apps installed via Amazon, including pinterest shazam and sygic, I know for instance that now I can't use sygic if I don't remain logged in in Amazon, are you suggesting to ignore Amazon and download the apps from Playstore?
    10-05-15 05:36 AM
    I have ten apps installed via Amazon, including pinterest shazam and sygic, I know for instance that now I can't use sygic if I don't remain logged in in Amazon, are you suggesting to ignore Amazon and download the apps from Playstore?
    Amazon Appstore or the Amazon app (with Underground) ?

The way I wrote it, you kept the Amazon Appstore, but get rid of the Amazon app and all the free apps that you're paying with your data.

If Sygic is one of the free "offered" app from Amazon Underground (with the small ribbon at the top-right of the icon in the store), it will be uninstalled with the Amazon app. Another way is to pay for it in the Amazon Appstore.
    10-05-15 06:13 AM
    There are third party Android apps that uninstal apps from your device. Now here's the catch. You will not be able to get rid of the icons for Amazon apps, but they will uninstal the apps. This will keep them from running in the background and using up battery.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    10-05-15 07:56 AM