Hey guys, new to OS 10.1 and had some issues with the APN that I finally learned how to resolve, but now am trying to work with Remote File Access.

Earlier today I was in the Z10 file manager and could see my computer and could also see it under paired computers under the Blackberry Link page in settings. Under this page, I removed the computer from the Paired Computers by holding the selector and then deleting. I now can not get my computer to come back as a paired device on this page so that Remote File Access will work.

As you can see in the picture, the paired computers is blank eventhough in BlackBerry Link, remote file access is on and all the names are correct and my firewall is turned off. Any assistance would be great! I even reinstalled BlackBerry Link thinking that my device would need to be repaired that way.....

Has anyone else every deleted their computer as a paired computer?

Thanks

Attachment 162421
    05-16-13 09:45 PM
    Even though I can't get it to fully work I have deleted and re added a paired computer.

Try signing out of the bbid on link. Turn off link on the device. Plug the device in and then sign back into bbid on link. It can be done without plugging it in( worked for me) but that should def do the trick.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    Supa_Fly1, anon5831562 and dtarin like this.
    05-16-13 11:10 PM
    It's one of your firewalls. Disable and try again. Do a search, there's a bunch of threads on this

Posted via CB10

Has to be either windows or anti virus firewall. If not, delete link and all its settings and reload
    anon5831562 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:32 PM
    Even though I can't get it to fully work I have deleted and re added a paired computer.

Try signing out of the bbid on link. Turn off link on the device. Plug the device in and then sign back into bbid on link. It can be done without plugging it in( worked for me) but that should def do the trick.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I will try this tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. So many weird combinations that need to be taken in order for certain things to work on this new OS
    05-16-13 11:43 PM
    Does it require that both my z10 and pc/mac be connected to same wireless network for remote file access to work
    \???

EDIT: No It Doesnt require same wireless network.
    Last edited by Ashish Sanghvi; 05-17-13 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Answer Received
    05-17-13 01:22 AM
    So I was playing around and deleted one of my computers (an MBP running Mountain Lion) from the BlackBerry link screen and now I'm also having trouble getting it to show up again.

I'm wondering were you able to get your deleted computers to show up? If you did what did the trick for you?

EDIT: The info provided by bintheredundat did the trick for me. No need to un-install BB Link or anything crazy like that.
    Last edited by dtarin; 06-22-13 at 01:19 AM.
    06-22-13 01:08 AM
    I have the same issue...but even though i tried what it was suggested above still i am in the samw condition. Computer does not show up in file manager...any suggestions?
    07-21-13 05:42 AM
    I managed to pair it and appear as paired device in Z10's settings but still my computer does not appear in file manager....any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:30 PM