Hmm.. not seeing the BlackBerry VPN in my network connections anywhere. BB Link is however logged into my BlackBerry account.

This is turning out to be a big fustercluck. Should have just bought a new battery for my 9800.

There is a recent update for BB Link, you may want to try updating and see if it helps any.

Re: the virtual network adapter, I don't know how it works on XP, but since the remote-access feature reputely requires IPv6 and XP doesn't support IPv6, I'd be inclined to think that feature is not supported on XP.

Does Blackberry claim it is?
    06-09-13 08:36 AM
    Well I am pretty sure this isn't wireless issue. Mine is locked down to core starting with MAC address filtering, WAP Enterprise Key, Hidden SSID and login required to ISP page after that. I use Rukus 7321 AP.

To fix the issue I have gone back to stock OS and secure wipe, do OTA update there after.

For me this is unanswered and hence have stopped using the feature all together. God knows what security flaw that might be. Just hoping it isn't....

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:01 AM
    And that's WEP, Ruckus...:-:+$)! auto correction at play hahahah

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:03 AM
    And that's WEP, Ruckus...:-:+$)! auto correction at play hahahah

Why using WEP? It's trivially crackable. "Enterprise Key" might help that somewhat (if it's what I think - ie 802.1x authentication) but not solve that issue.
    06-09-13 09:20 AM
    There is a recent update for BB Link, you may want to try updating and see if it helps any.

Re: the virtual network adapter, I don't know how it works on XP, but since the remote-access feature reputely requires IPv6 and XP doesn't support IPv6, I'd be inclined to think that feature is not supported on XP.

Does Blackberry claim it is?
    Who said anything about XP? I'm running Win95 Smart____
    06-09-13 11:51 AM
    Who said anything about XP? I'm running Win95 Smart____

Are you serious?
    06-09-13 12:50 PM
    I'm in the same boat, found pretty much nothing that advances a resolution.
    Hey guys, ever since I upgraded BlackBerry Link to 1.1.1 (build 13) for Mac, my remote file access says that my Z10 device BBID is not associated with the correct ID.... Has anyone found a way around this? I have tried everything...
    06-09-13 12:57 PM
    NOT EXACTLY! I was running the 4285 leak (using an autoloader) and no matter what I tried, I could not get Remote File Access (too long to recite). So in desperation I went back to the original OS that came with my T-Mobile SQN 100-5 (it's 10.1.0.273) . Lo and behold, RFA came back alive as if nothing had happened. As for the OS, it's more than adequate - battery life is very good and everything seems to work OK. IDK but there may be something missing in the leaks that facilitates RFA.

I'm in the same boat, found pretty much nothing that advances a resolution.
    06-09-13 01:35 PM
    IDK but there may be something missing in the leaks that facilitates RFA.
    Those that are using leaks and are actively using RFA would be inclined to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:15 PM
    May be on Z10 (I never have issues on my Z with leaks) but there seem to be more issues with RFA and Q10
    06-09-13 02:58 PM
    May be on Z10 (I never have issues on my Z with leaks) but there seem to be more issues with RFA and Q10
    Point was unless you're on 10.1, there IS no RFA. For some, this requires using a leak to get it. Q10 is spared this issue having 10.1 by default.
    06-09-13 04:09 PM
    Today i changed my BBID username (email address) and signed out of BB Link, signed in with my updated BBID, rebooted my device and it works great now!

10.1.0.2354 (Leak)
    madindian likes this.
    06-12-13 02:32 PM
    Today i changed my BBID username (email address) and signed out of BB Link, signed in with my updated BBID, rebooted my device and it works great now!

10.1.0.2354 (Leak)

Wow. I wonder how many people struggling to get that feature working are just impacted by something as simple as that.
    06-13-13 04:00 AM
    Wow. I wonder how many people struggling to get that feature working are just impacted by something as simple as that.
    I won't be one of those lucky individuals. I tried it, no change.
    06-13-13 04:08 AM
    This seems to be an intermittent problem...for me anyway. I lost RFA some 3 leaks back and I did end up reverting to the OFA 10.1 before moving to .2354. My RFA was working fine for a time and then it decided to stop accessing. I still see my computer in my File Manager, but when I click on it, I just get that stupid spinning circle and it never connects. Also, my BB shows up in my Network list with all the other computers, but when I try to access it, I'm required to log in with a user name and password. I never had to do that before...my folders on my BB just showed as soon as I clicked it in the network list. I tried using the password I set in the Storage and Access options but I have no idea what User Name to use. I've tried everything I would have used with no luck.
    I'm leaning toward this is a issue on my computer side but I have no idea where the problem is and I'm not new to wireless networking. This is somewhat irritating but I'm using Ghost Commander and it doesn't have a problem with RFA. As a matter of fact, it also does FTP, so I can access my files easily from anywhere through my server.
    Hopefully with the 10.2 OTA things will be ironed out, but in the interim, Ghost Commander seems to do the trick.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    06-15-13 07:49 PM
    I have intermittent problems as well on my work computer as well. It will be up, then down, for unexplainable reasons. I, too, believe the issue is on my side, but we never take that server down. I can access it via my work network, but it many times my Z shows it offline. Running the latest BlackBerry Link on the server as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:46 PM
    I believe I may have had a breakthrough (almost), although it won't really help you if this is happening at work...stupid really. All I did was reset the BlackBerry VPN.
    I can now access my computer files wirelessly from my Z10, but I still have the annoying login that pops up when I try to access my BlackBerry files from my computer.
    No combination of User/password works.
    Oh well...one side fixed. I'll keep working on it.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-16-13 01:44 AM
    All I did was reset the BlackBerry VPN.

I am not aware of some universal "reset BlackBerry VPN" command.

Is this an incantation? Hand gesture? Potion of some sort?
    06-16-13 05:50 PM
    I am not aware of some universal "reset BlackBerry VPN" command.

Is this an incantation? Hand gesture? Potion of some sort?
    Well there were a few hand gestures involved....
    Not sure how your computer is set up (what OS you're running and such) but I am on Windows 7 Ultimate. I just went to my network adapters (through the network and sharing center), disabled the BlackBerry VPN (local area connection 2) and re enabled it. This is also done by right clicking it and clicking diagnose (just takes a bit longer).

06-16-13 11:11 PM
    I doubt it. I also get duplicate entries on the Z. I've cleared up a bunch of file/folder permissions and the logs show there are now no errors or warnings. However I'm still not able to access the Mac. I know its the computer because when I load Win7 via Bootcamp it works. I also was thinking it may be a router config issue but it wasn't in my case. Doesn't mean you're wrong Omnitech just didn't want the guy to be scared. It would be nice if BB gave some guidance. I don't think that's too much to ask or expect.
    Check your Mac system preferences in network for firewall - even if allowed right now with the latest BB LINK it's still blocked.

Also check that you can access with link running over wifi. The close file browser on ur BlackBerry close link and retest. Lastly check your Mac and others your PC sleep timers or energy saver to see if and when you HDD or entire PC falls into a power saving mode. Double check in windows for networking also being put to rest.

This does need to be fixed in Link. If BlackBerry specified the services it needed figuring this out would be easier.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:04 AM

This does need to be fixed in Link. If BlackBerry specified the services it needed figuring this out would be easier.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. They should have some sort of keep alive scripting that can be implemented in the software.

06-17-13 03:04 AM
    Well there were a few hand gestures involved....
    Not sure how your computer is set up (what OS you're running and such) but I am on Windows 7 Ultimate. I just went to my network adapters (through the network and sharing center), disabled the BlackBerry VPN (local area connection 2) and re enabled it. This is also done by right clicking it and clicking diagnose (just takes a bit longer).

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think I had ever seen a big red "RESET BLACKBERRY VPN" button on the device.
    06-17-13 05:13 AM
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think I had ever seen a big red "RESET BLACKBERRY VPN" button on the device.
    It's coming in 10.2! ;p

Omnitech likes this.
    06-17-13 12:11 PM
    This has just happened to me. I noticed I can no longer access the shared folders on my PC via mobile network, only via Wi-Fi. So I downloaded the latest Link 1.1.1.32 and deleted my PC from paired devices on my Z10. Now I have the wifi access from file browser on PC that I did not have before, but can no longer access PC from Z10. Bummer!
    07-10-13 12:46 PM
    Hi,
    You may try using Filement

You don't have to install anything on your computer to access your BB10 device, just pair the app from your device with your account, and you can access it from web browser.

More info from the forum apps announcements:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...0/#post8797341
    07-10-13 01:47 PM
70 123