Does anyone got this application running unter the workprofile while connected via BES 10?

Can't connect to any server, it seems as If the app don't try to connect, it tells me instantly that it is unable to connect.

It's not a problem with network-setup, server are online.

What I have checked: using the BES-connection i'm able to connect to a webside running on that server, also port 443 and a service-site on Port 4444. So it's sure, that the firewall or networksetting isn't the reason.

Anyone has been more successfull on that?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 01:46 PM
    Does anyone got this application running unter the workprofile while connected via BES 10?

Can't connect to any server, it seems as If the app don't try to connect, it tells me instantly that it is unable to connect.

It's not a problem with network-setup, server are online.

What I have checked: using the BES-connection i'm able to connect to a webside running on that server, also port 443 and a service-site on Port 4444. So it's sure, that the firewall or networksetting isn't the reason.

Anyone has been more successfull on that?

Posted via CB10

Not sure if this helps, or is even what you're talking about, but there's a BES 10 review over at Ars Technica here and there's a segment that says something about remote desktop:

"BlackBerry supports remote desktop connections through third-party applications, like Splashtop, which is readily available for download in BlackBerry World."

"If you’d like access to folders located within an enterprise network, you’ll need an application like BlackBerry Work Drives, which is only available to devices that have BlackBerry Balance available to them. BlackBerry Work Drives features the ability to connect and manage multiple network drives from BlackBerry 10, access documents and network folders via a File Manager, create and edit documents with Documents to Go, and attach documents from shared network drives to an e-mail."

I do know that some RDP apps only work within the same network, whereas an app like Splashtop will allow you to connect to any PC on LAN or Internet.

Like I said, not sure if this is the info you're interested in....

* just noticed there's a BES 10 forum here now.. maybe people in there could answer your question better.
    Last edited by BennyX; 03-28-13 at 02:34 PM.
    03-28-13 02:10 PM
    Thank you for the reply, but splashtop isn't a solution for me.

I need the native RDP, can't install a third-party tool on 68 server due to security reasons.

With the S3 i used to connect via VPN to my gateway and got routed through various IPSecs to the target-server. My idea was to use the allready secured BES-connection to reach the target. For webbased services (i. E. Websites) this is doing great, but the RDP won't.

And I'm not really interested to buy that app a second time only to check out from private part via VPN/WLAN.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:43 PM
    Just a guess but wouldn't the fact that you're connected to a BES server restrict your access based on that BES server's setup?
    03-28-13 02:57 PM
    Of course and it was my first thought, to. But it is setup in that way so that the BES can use the IPSecs via enabled protocolls towards the targets. That's why I checked accessing the webbased services of the distant servers.

Firewall protocolls are clear for this aspect.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:16 PM
    Does the native RDP app support BES as a connection type? There are other RDP apps that explicitly state that they do, which is why I'm asking.. not all RDP apps are created equally

Tsmobiles allows RDP to the internal servers via the BES connection. (and doesn't require server-side software)

RDM+ does as well. (but seems to require server side software)

both seem to be from the same developer (Shape Services)

If you're set on not using a third-party RDP solution, then I guess the steps will be this, basically:

Enable TCP/IP on your Blackberry. After configuring full Internet access on your Blackberry, go to Setup / Connection type and select "Direct TCP" and "TCP/IP". (this is for Java BB's, not BB10 devices, so I'm not sure if it applies to BB10 devices).
    Enable MDS for your specific Blackberry. Make sure that your target is accessible from the Internet and TCP port 3389 (default Windows RDP port) is opened on firewall or router. (configure port forwarding from external IP address of router to internal IP address of target, or use internal IP address of your target PC for connection).

That's about as good as I can do, and you likely knew all that stuff already. Sorry I can't help more!
    Last edited by BennyX; 03-28-13 at 04:31 PM.
    03-28-13 03:41 PM
    It seems that MDS only supports http for BES use so you may be out of luck here. Currently I'm using VPN to connect to my network using RDP. Not a developer but I have seen app that are specifically write to be used with bes10 so we may have to wait till some one writes an app with that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:30 PM
    Welle, thank you for the replies. Seems as if I have to go through the VPN-setup on private section. Not the solution I prefer but I need to be in touch with these servers and don't want to travel around with the S3 or the surface in my Pocken ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:48 AM
    @Markus

We have just submitted an update that will allow connections through BES 10 for the Remote Desktop for BlackBerry app. Hopefully the update gets approved soon and will be available on App World.

Todd
    mooda likes this.
    04-26-13 06:47 PM
    That's great news :-)

I wouldn't need to setup 10 VPN on the phone, and no need to remember 10 additional credentials ;-)

Hope it get approved soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:55 PM