I was reading a few posts about people going back to apple and was trying to remember how long I had to wait for copy and paste on the iphones 3. So I found this link on the evaluation of the iphones. Check it out.

The Evolution Of iOS: From iPhone OS To iOS 6 [Gallery] | Cult of Mac.
    06-08-13 09:33 AM
    I was reading a few posts about people going back to apple and was trying to remember how long I had to wait for copy and paste on the iphones 3. So I found this link on the evaluation of the iphones. Check it out.

The Evolution Of iOS: From iPhone OS To iOS 6 [Gallery] | Cult of Mac.
    I stopped reading after he said "it has become a true computing behemoth."
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    06-08-13 09:38 AM
    Yes but this isn't BlackBerry's introduction into the smartphone market, it is supposedly their core competency.
    ihys likes this.
    06-08-13 09:43 AM
    Sorry my point is how long it took to get a lot of the features on to the iphone platform not how good the iphone is.
    06-08-13 09:45 AM
    Yes but this isn't BlackBerry's introduction into the smartphone market, it is supposedly their core competency.
    But it's there introduction into the smartphone market using the blackberry 10 OS. The point is, you can't put all features on version 1 of your software because that's impossible. That's why there are software updates.

Every software you know has updates or new version. If there's no new update or version the software is being considered as technically dead.

Posted using The Z10
    BravoZuluDelta and yvpan1 like this.
    06-08-13 01:38 PM
    I stopped reading after he said "it has become a true computing behemoth."
    Same here. A very efficient app launcher would be much more accurate.
    06-08-13 01:50 PM
    For those who don't want to read the artical here is a summery.

When it was released on June 29, 2007, it*shipped with only a few apps – Mail, iPod, Calendar, Photos, Clock, Text, Safari, Notes, YouTube, Calculator, Maps, Settings, Camera, Stocks, and Phone. There wasn’t even an App Store or*iTunes Store app in iOS. 1.0

iOS 2.0 was the App Store. *Released on July 11th, 2008, the App Store and iOS 2.0′s support for third-party apps gave users access to thousands of apps

BB10 launched with over 70,000 apps os 1.0.0

Push email was also brought to the iPhone via iOS 2.0. To make room for all the new app icons on the Springboard, Apple introduced homescreen pages. iOS 2.0 the ability to open MS Office docs, a Contacts icon, ability to take screen captures, ability to save photos in Safari to the Photos app, parental controls, Genius playlist creation, and the*addition*of emoji.

BB10 0S10.0 had all this 2013

iOS 3 was one of the biggest iOS releases Apple has pushed out. While it didn’t have any earth-shattering new features, the small improvements Apple made to iOS were many. Most of the new features could already be found on competing platforms and were highly requested additions.

Released on June 17 2009, iOS 3.0 brought*the ability to finally cut, copy and paste. GPS accuracy was also greatly improved, and Apple added a magnetic compass to the iPhone’s Maps app. Video recording had not been supported in iOS until the release of iOS 3.0,

Bb10.0 has had this 2013

iOS 3.2 came out on April 3, 2010 in order to bring iOS to the iPad. This update was the first time users were given the ability to change their homescreen background as well as support for using the homescreen in landscape mode rather than the portrait mode that was used on the iPhone. iOS 3.2 expanded the iPad’s dock to hold up to six apps, and it brought new gestures and frameworks for new keyboards.

iOS 4 made the iPhone feel like a truly post-PC device. Released on June 17, 2010, one of the biggest features of iOS 4 was the video chatting capabilities of FaceTime.

BB10.0 had this 2013

Multitasking gave users the ability to switch between apps without losing what they were doing.*To help users organize the apps on their iDevices, Apple introduced the creation of Folders on the homescreen for apps

BB10.0 has this and better 2013

In 2011
    User complaints of the iOS Notification system were finally addressed by adding the new Notification Center. Looking to subvert SMS plans, Apple released iMessage with iOS 5. The Camera app was updated to include the ability to edit photos. Wireless syncing was also introduced, which has made iOS devices PC-independent.

BB10.0 has this 2013

Twitter integration made sharing content with friends easier than ever before on an iPhone, and Apple introduced a few new native apps – Reminders, a redesigned Calendar app, Newsstand, and Cards.

BB10 has these 2013

September 19, 2012, iOS 6.0 Apple decided to ditch Google’s Maps app by creating their own Maps solution that also provides turn-by-turn navigation and fly-over 3D modeling of certain cities.

Look at the bugs that came with this
    BB10.0 had maps buggy but it had them

Facebook integration was also included in iOS 6.0

Again BB10.0 had this all included in 10.0. So this is a very big achievement for version one. Something it took apple from 2007 to 2012, to implement a total of 6 years

I'm not saying that it's been perfect or that they don't need to step up their game and fix some things but it's quite a accomplishment for a first os.
    06-08-13 09:50 PM
    BlackBerry has done what every other company has said is impossible. Yes, there's the occasional hiccup with apps and maybe a bug or two, but those are usually in leaked OS's, the official OS's have been pretty solid. Best part about it is BlackBerry is just getting started.

I've seen first hand some of their in-car systems and what they are working on in that regard and it is pretty amazing stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:27 AM
    I can't claim to know what goes on at Waterloo, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that the one thing they are NOT saying is, "We are doing GOOD! Heck, iOS didn't have cut and paste in 2007!"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-13 12:44 AM

When it was released on June 29, 2007, it*shipped with only a few apps � Mail, iPod, Calendar, Photos, Clock, Text, Safari, Notes, YouTube, Calculator, Maps, Settings, Camera, Stocks, and Phone. There wasn�t even an App Store or*iTunes Store app in iOS. 1.0

iOS 2.0 was the App Store. *Released on July 11th, 2008, the App Store and iOS 2.0′s support for third-party apps gave users access to thousands of apps

Push email was also brought to the iPhone via iOS 2.0. To make room for all the new app icons on the Springboard, Apple introduced homescreen pages. iOS 2.0 the ability to open MS Office docs, a Contacts icon, ability to take screen captures, ability to save photos in Safari to the Photos app, parental controls, Genius playlist creation, and the*addition*of emoji.

iOS 3 was one of the biggest iOS releases Apple has pushed out. While it didn�t have any earth-shattering new features, the small improvements Apple made to iOS were many. Most of the new features could already be found on competing platforms and were highly requested additions.

Released on June 17 2009, iOS 3.0 brought*the ability to finally cut, copy and paste. GPS accuracy was also greatly improved, and Apple added a magnetic compass to the iPhone�s Maps app. Video recording had not been supported in iOS until the release of iOS 3.0,

Bb10.0 has had this 2013

iOS 3.2 came out on April 3, 2010 in order to bring iOS to the iPad. This update was the first time users were given the ability to change their homescreen background as well as support for using the homescreen in landscape mode rather than the portrait mode that was used on the iPhone. iOS 3.2 expanded the iPad�s dock to hold up to six apps, and it brought new gestures and frameworks for new keyboards.

iOS 4 made the iPhone feel like a truly post-PC device. Released on June 17, 2010, one of the biggest features of iOS 4 was the video chatting capabilities of FaceTime.

BB10.0 had this 2013

Multitasking gave users the ability to switch between apps without losing what they were doing.*To help users organize the apps on their iDevices, Apple introduced the creation of Folders on the homescreen for apps

In 2011
    User complaints of the iOS Notification system were finally addressed by adding the new Notification Center. Looking to subvert SMS plans, Apple released iMessage with iOS 5. The Camera app was updated to include the ability to edit photos. Wireless syncing was also introduced, which has made iOS devices PC-independent.

BB10.0 has this 2013

Twitter integration made sharing content with friends easier than ever before on an iPhone, and Apple introduced a few new native apps � Reminders, a redesigned Calendar app, Newsstand, and Cards.

BB10 has these 2013

September 19, 2012, iOS 6.0 Apple decided to ditch Google�s Maps app by creating their own Maps solution that also provides turn-by-turn navigation and fly-over 3D modeling of certain cities.

Again BB10.0 had this all included in 10.0. So this is a very big achievement for version one. Something it took apple from 2007 to 2012, to implement a total of 6 years

I'm not saying that it's been perfect or that they don't need to step up their game and fix some things but it's quite a accomplishment for a first os.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:41 AM
    Comparing 6 year old technology / software with BlackBerry's newest OS is ********. People that want to buy a phone now don't care about stuff like that. They want to get the best possible device. They won't cut BlackBerry any slack for being new.

Sent from my Q10
    06-09-13 04:20 AM
    Comparing 6 year old technology / software with BlackBerry's newest OS is ********. People that want to buy a phone now don't care about stuff like that. They want to get the best possible device. They won't cut BlackBerry any slack for being new.

Sent from my Q10
    Yep, we might because we're fans.... But Joe Public wont.
    06-09-13 04:24 AM
    But it's there introduction into the smartphone market using the blackberry 10 OS. The point is, you can't put all features on version 1 of your software because that's impossible. That's why there are software updates.

Every software you know has updates or new version. If there's no new update or version the software is being considered as technically dead.

Posted using The Z10
    You'd think they'd polish the os a little better before releasing it. Seeing how this was suppose to be their saving grace phone. You wouldn't want to leave a bad taste in the public eye now would you? Remember the PlayBook fiasco? You'd think they had learned something from that.

And it's not impossible to implement all features into v1. BlackBerry is trying to take market away from ios and android so they should have came out with a bang and be like this phone owns every other phone in the market right now. Not one that just is on par with devices release half a year to a year ago.

But hey selling last gens specs for this year prices is gonna definitely give BlackBerry a good profit

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:11 PM
    I'm gonna have to chime in here, not only did iOS take 6 years to nearly perfect it's platform, it's also had to take ideas from the Android platform to stay relevant. I.E the notification shade, Android had that first.

Apple Maps was a complete screw up and that was 6 years in at iOS 6.

Now we have iOS7 on the brink, and I can guarantee it'll be accompanied with a new iDevice, and also have features from WP, BB10, and Android, just because they didn't have them.

Apple will market this as innovation and copyright a Open Source model to make their point that it was their idea.

For instance take the Samsung vs Apple lawsuit. It was based off the fact Apple held a patent for a 'shape'. They will forever take great idea's call them their own and try to take over the market.

Also before anyone goes calling me a fan boy of BlackBerry, or that I'm obligated to speak this way of BlackBerry because I'm an ambassador at Crackberry, keep in mind I've owned iOS devices, OSX computer, along with every other platform out there. I am speaking from a unbiased technical view.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:02 PM
    My only issue is that bb10 should have come as a complete OS including or bettering all the features from the other OS's, when IOS came out it was new and brought lots of things that hadn't been seen before but it did get bad press for things it couldn't do such as recording video. By bb10 missing simply features such as battery % etc it just gives ammunition to the people who want to say it isn't as good as an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    06-10-13 12:41 AM
    At the very least BB10 should have come with all the features BB7 had. (2 way sync to Outlook on desktop, for instance).

- R.
    06-10-13 11:50 AM
    I've stated the same in many posts from people complaining about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:53 AM
    Sure, this is true. But some things you'd figure would have been a must on the new os, being that previous devices are essentially the blueprint for a good blackberry, and why most of us have stuck around. For example, there should be no issues with e-mails or contacts in this phone today. That's as embarrassing as saying apple forgot copy and paste in 07.

Posted from my ZED10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-13 12:38 PM

When it was released on June 29, 2007, it*shipped with only a few apps – Mail, iPod, Calendar, Photos, Clock, Text, Safari, Notes, YouTube, Calculator, Maps, Settings, Camera, Stocks, and Phone. There wasn’t even an App Store or*iTunes Store app in iOS. 1.0

iOS 3 was one of the biggest iOS releases Apple has pushed out. While it didn’t have any earth-shattering new features, the small improvements Apple made to iOS were many. Most of the new features could already be found on competing platforms and were highly requested additions.

Released on June 17 2009, iOS 3.0 brought*the ability to finally cut, copy and paste. GPS accuracy was also greatly improved, and Apple added a magnetic compass to the iPhone’s Maps app. Video recording had not been supported in iOS until the release of iOS 3.0,

Bb10.0 has had this 2013

iOS 3.2 came out on April 3, 2010 in order to bring iOS to the iPad. This update was the first time users were given the ability to change their homescreen background as well as support for using the homescreen in landscape mode rather than the portrait mode that was used on the iPhone. iOS 3.2 expanded the iPad’s dock to hold up to six apps, and it brought new gestures and frameworks for new keyboards.

BB10.0 had this 2013

In 2011

BB10.0 has this 2013

Twitter integration made sharing content with friends easier than ever before on an iPhone, and Apple introduced a few new native apps – Reminders, a redesigned Calendar app, Newsstand, and Cards.

BB10 has these 2013

September 19, 2012, iOS 6.0 Apple decided to ditch Google’s Maps app by creating their own Maps solution that also provides turn-by-turn navigation and fly-over 3D modeling of certain cities.

and.. it only took.. 14 months. i repeat, 14 months to get those things together and built the first BB 10.0 official OS.

5 months after that, the official BB 10.1 OS rolled out in May (i know US is still lagging behind, feel sorry for you guys, damn AT&T & VZW!!) and even right now, the alpha build of BB 10.2 OS along with the SDK have been rolled out for devs testing. with the similar iteration time frame we can expect the global update to BB 10.2 to happen in around oct/november (again for US.. you might be a bit lagging on that, but let's hope after this 10.1 lagged update all carriers will be keen to release the updates sooner and sooner!)

of course hiccups are here and there, bugs are still here and there. but again, it is NOT an iteration of the BB7 OS, it is a BRAND NEW OS, a NEW kid on the block. google on the android's history and you'll also find a similar story to the above which.. compared to what BB10 is... the milestone taken by BB10 is way.. way.. more advanced. also take a google search on the WP as well. even when WP 7 was launched it could not do copy-paste no matter what app you were! and it was 2010!

the bottom line is, as the tagline says, "keep moving", we and BBRY are moving now. the company has announced that to us.

** to keep things from being biased, i also have a WP lumia 620 and i use both handsets in daily basis. i don't have iProducts and Androids as i am not a mainstream follower.
    06-15-13 08:11 PM