I am guessing it depends on your email provider and how it's set up.

But that brings up another question for me. Doesn't the device delete email after 90 days, or did that change in 10.2? Because that could be a problem with flagging emails for Remember.
    I seem to recall another thread about that some time ago. I believe it stated that if your emails are on a 90 day save, they will also be deleted from Remember after that time. I have Yahoo on Verizon 10.1 and do not have longer than 30 days right now. I haven't gone in and deleted my account and reentered it to get the 90 day option, as it's not that important to me right now. I spend about as much time on my laptop as I do on my Z10 so I can manage the account from there.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    10-31-13 08:13 AM
    So is forever an option in 10.2? And do I have to delete my email accounts and re add them to get forever?

I seem to recall another thread about that some time ago. I believe it stated that if your emails are on a 90 day save, they will also be deleted from Remember after that time. I have Yahoo on Verizon 10.1 and do not have longer than 30 days right now. I haven't gone in and deleted my account and reentered it to get the 90 day option, as it's not that important to me right now. I spend about as much time on my laptop as I do on my Z10 so I can manage the account from there.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:20 AM
    So is forever an option in 10.2? And do I have to delete my email accounts and re add them to get forever?
    Nope.
    Settings>Accounts>your email account>Advanced>Sync Timeframe at bottom.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:58 AM
    thanks Chaz... I don't see Advanced in any of my email accounts. am I missing something?

Nope.
    Settings>Accounts>your email account>Advanced>Sync Timeframe at bottom.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:18 AM
    thanks Chaz... I don't see Advanced in any of my email accounts. am I missing something?
    You can only edit the sync timeframe on EAS accounts after initial setup. At least, I think so.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-31-13 12:05 PM
    Who is your email provider? I have my Gmail and Outlook accounts all set to Forever.
    10-31-13 12:37 PM
    You can only edit the sync timeframe on EAS accounts after initial setup. At least, I think so.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    It seems you're right.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:09 PM
    Who is your email provider? I have my Gmail and Outlook accounts all set to Forever.
    Gmail and Aol. On my phone when I go to settings / accounts /then click on one of my email accounts, I don't see an advanced option.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:10 PM
    Gmail and Aol. On my phone when I go to settings / accounts /then click on one of my email accounts, I don't see an advanced option.

Posted via CB10
    With Outlook.com it's on the bottom bar beside the Delete button, but it's not there for my Gmail account (which I don't use anyway; it's just an old account).

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:15 PM
    I see the delete button on the bottom bar, but not an advanced one (on gmail). I am also running a leak, so it may be my version of 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:28 PM
    I see the delete button on the bottom bar, but not an advanced one (on gmail). I am also running a leak, so it may be my version of 10.2

Posted via CB10
    I think it's only for EAS accounts. I think there might be an option when you first set it up, or in Gmail settings itself. I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:16 PM
    Great info. Can someone help me with syncing notes and task with outlook 2003? Like bbos does.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:38 PM
    Great info. Can someone help me with syncing notes and task with outlook 2003? Like bbos does.

Posted via CB10
    If you are using Exchange Activesync, this happens automatically. Otherwise I believe this has to be done through BlackBerry Link, a process someone else will have to jump in and explain.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:07 AM
    Chaz has a great idea. Fire Chest is pretty awesome. I just downloaded it (FREE) and it's fantastic, not just for Remember, but for cloud back up in general too. Syncs with Dropbox seamlessly. Thanks Chaz!
    This is great. I struggled with the fact if I wanted tasks I couldn't back them up to Evernote.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:07 PM
    1) Email - Long press on the email and Flag. This will automatically put the email in the "Unfiled" Remember Folder.

I didn't know this. Thumbs up!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:46 PM
    Yep and add a reminder and it integrates with your calendar.
    1) Email - Long press on the email and Flag. This will automatically put the email in the "Unfiled" Remember Folder.

I didn't know this. Thumbs up!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    11-03-13 08:06 PM
    Nice ty

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 04:30 AM
    Love setting up a task in Remember and having the calendar integration. But is there any way to set it, so that task has a recurrence? Say once a month? My specific example is this: I run a business and there are certain things I need to do each month, like pay the corporate tax. I want to use remember, but as far as I can tell, I can't set it up to remind me every month. Unless I either put an entry in every month or update the existing entry after I complete the task. Any help is appreciated, it's entirely possible I'm just missing something.
    11-13-13 09:13 AM
    Love setting up a task in Remember and having the calendar integration. But is there any way to set it, so that task has a recurrence? Say once a month? My specific example is this: I run a business and there are certain things I need to do each month, like pay the corporate tax. I want to use remember, but as far as I can tell, I can't set it up to remind me every month. Unless I either put an entry in every month or update the existing entry after I complete the task. Any help is appreciated, it's entirely possible I'm just missing something.
    Why not enter it as a recurrung event in tbe Calendar app?
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-13 09:28 AM
    Why not enter it as a recurrung event in tbe Calendar app?
    I have no idea why I couldn't find that before. I swear I looked. Feeling a little dumb, but thanks for your help, that is definitely what I will do. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:02 PM
    What I do is start w remember, then when the reminder comes up and I feel it needs repeating I move it over to the calendar with repeat.

Some entries are just easier to initially plug in w remember. IE emails, texts, etc.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-13 02:19 PM
    Hi everybody.
    First of all, I want to admit that what follows has been inspired by a crackberry user, giving a tip, so that I understood how the remember app can be exploited. Sadly, I do not remember his name/nickname nor in which forum he posted... I just started play around and got to this result:
    Remember App & Tips Using It-img_00001364.png

If you are familiar with GTD (David Allen's Getting Things Done), read about it in Wikipedia or better, the Book/eBook, then please stick with me... I'll explain the steps...
    let me post this, as answer to OP Waterfrontmngr then I'll bring out the details (may be with screenshots, too)

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    11-28-13 02:10 PM
    So our journey begins (will be edited, so pls just answer, do not quote me)...

The tasks/things you have, you get to do, notes or things to check, there is a lot of trash... Toss it at first contact (delete it) and don't even enter it in Remember!

Every thing you intend to do/keep as note, write it in remember. By saving it, it is saved in the first "standard" folder. (since I have a german OS, I do not know how it is named in english), but it is the default folder in remember.

The principle of GTD(by David Allen) is to get Stuff categorized and done.

So you need Remember, your Phone calender, and a note/list App, I have both: LazyLists and Noted (but every listing/noting app does the job).

In remember, you need to create some folders...

Something "in" has to be proceeded:
    Do it now! (done, tickit, it remains in the default folder, but checked).
    Can't do it now... Delegate it, but require feedback, so you're waiting for s.o./sth that's the folder [Waiting/delegated]
    You have to do it, but at a certain time/date, so give the task a due date, it'll appear in the calendar and "requires an action", that's the folder [action]
    If you do not know if ever you'll do it, or still do not know a due date, add the task in [someday/maybe]
    If the task is a multiple step action/project, add it in [Project], list the steps i the listing App (Lazylist), if a project related material has to be written/planned, use the note App.
    If the saved Remember-note is a flagged mail, a weblink or an article/file that you shared into Remember to read later, that's [Read] folder.
    If you saved something as a memo as a reference, archive it in [Archive/reference]
    I linked my Outlook.com to remember, so I have an extra folder (unused) for online saved/entered tasks, but it is a folder I do not really use, it is only a sort of clipboard.

Now comes the funny part: the tags
    each task is summarized in tags:
    example...
    very theoretical, but understandable...
    Suppose you have a bill to pay, but has a due date, you do not want to pay before you recieve your salary, so you put a reminder...
    You open your mailbox, you see the bill.
    so open remember and enter this task:
    "Pay the bill" due date 15.01.2014, reminder 10.01.2014 at 18:00
    then add these tags seperately.
    @Home, @Computre, @Online, @Banking, Bill
    So @ are "categories" if you were an addicted user of the task app in OS 7.x they disappeared in OS 10, but I found this tip earlier as said, I forgot who has written it in the forums...

Then comes the essence or this method:
    you open remember, but forget the folders...
    Look at the top of the folder page, you'll see "due this week" the "urgent things appear by magic i.e. due date...
    But the productivity tool that you gain from this method is this...
    on bottom down, the is the list wiew... it lists all the remember entries...
    So go to that view, you'll see this (in mine):
    Attachment 225096
    Then, type on the first line, to drop down your categories @ and select the one you want to do
    Attachment 225098

So in the example above, say you just recieved your salary and then you are at home at the computer to make "all" your payments online, chose either @Home or @Computer or @Online and check all the filtred tasks related to that! Say you entred 5 items related with @Computer, you'll see them when needed.

here is the content of my @Blackberry related memos/notes/tasks as it is shown when I decide to do sth related to it:
    Attachment 225099

Projects are affixed with # so it is another "category" but it is listed, too...

Example buy an instrument to play music, hire a music teacher in [someday/maybe] and add the tags:
    #Music, @Musicstore, Instrument
    #Music, @MusicTeacher, Hire
    so you have 2 tasks related to one project, in the folder [someday]...

I hope you have been inspired!

Cheers
    Last edited by anischab; 11-28-13 at 02:57 PM.
    11-28-13 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the compliment.

An update (version 1.2.1.5) for Fire Chest Backup will be available for download in 48 hours. Some bug fixes and several user requested features. Already working on the next update...keep the feedback and feature requests coming!
    Great app, but it doesn't back up my camera pictures. The zip file it creates is empty, despite there being tons of self made pictures on myphone. I think this is because I set up the camera in a way to store allimages straight on the SD card? And there is apparently no option to tell FC Backup to look at the card. Would be great if this option could be included.
    11-28-13 02:43 PM
    I have a problem with Remember, which is that ToDo items don't get pushed forward to the next day when not marked complete and when not changing due date manually. This often leads to me "forgetting" such overdue entries, as I don't always (want to) scan through past days in my calendar, in order to identify open items. I also don't like to always check for overdue items in Remember,this is not practical imho. I like being annoyed by overdue items being pushed forward in the calendar, changing colours from green to yellow to red, until I finally get them done.

I have not found a way how to achieve this yet. Is there any trick that you guys are aware of, that would do that for me?
    11-28-13 02:51 PM
118 12345