I get the point the OP made. After giving notes a good try it's detailed and versatile but it may not be considered quick, not the way OP wants. I find the assistant to still be the quickest as someone mentioned here already, by searching for 'n'. The first option is always note and then you can write your note and save quickly and it'll goes back to the search window to allow for more note usage. Not the quickest but the best so far.

I think opening the app would be just as quick. I don't use note apps much so I don't know many but one I do have is SwiftNote. It doesn't have a lot of integration as far as I know but I find it may be faster when it comes to adding notes. Rather than a save button it allows you to swipe from left to right to save the note which is nifty for quick noting needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:48 AM
    My best advice, download corky notes. It's a no-frills fast note taking app with reminder. No location entry though. Check it out
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-10-15 02:21 PM
    I also suggest that you check the alternatives on BlackBerry World. There are some simple ones that might be quicker for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:31 PM
    I've taken on board everyone's opinions and thoughts. Personally I think there is a little too much aggro with it. Imagine getting Assistant to write a simple remember note like siri does on ios. That would be sick.

'assistant can you note I have to collect shopping tomorrow'

Now take that same concept for just typing. That's what it needs. Simplicity.

Posted via CB10
    Try this : open Remember. Tap on new entry. type your note. It will be listed as a title, but you can type in as much as you like. I just tried it with about a hundred words of nonsense. Then tap save. It will be in the unfiled folder right where you can see the first line of the note. Maybe this would work for you.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    03-10-15 04:03 PM
    I think the thing I failed to mention is how I need quick action integration. If I cant engage it wherever I am in the OS then I can't use it really. It just works with how I work.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:49 PM
    I have the letter "n" on my Q10 set as quick action for new note. Long press, a new blank note opens. I type words and hit save. It starts in "title" field but a quick tap and you can type in additional notes area. Title is not needed to save so you can leave it blank. Does this not work for you OP?

I guess it would be different on a non FKB model though.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    03-10-15 07:45 PM
    I think, the apps above shared by BerryRipe is the best if you wanted a simple note taking app.
    Remember as I use it is wayyyy different than what some of you guys wanted it to be used as.

For example,

See original post for image

Saving a website without boomarking it. And the links even works in Remember app. This is one of the functions that I like in Remember.

Yes, option for simpler note is fine, but using the Remember app as it is is as simpler as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Redbellion PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    That's sweet. I'll try that. I'm learning it slowly and just takes some getting used too. Also on other devices you have pinned apps that stay pinned to all pages of apps. If we could have one small row of customised pinned apps along the bottom where search was and now Assistant on the z10, that'll be sweet.

So that bottom row is the apps I'd love pinned.
    Remember app - finally using it but it ain't brilliant and here's why-img_20150311_010836.png

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:09 PM
32 12