You have various fields to fill in like subject, core field, even add pictures. But every time you add notes you have to press save to confirm alterations.

Now compare this to Notes for iOS. You enter in your notes in to one field. No silly extra subject fields and it's instantly saved regardless without hitting a button to amend changes.

Remember - really needs some work on it.

Oh and I hate the aesthetics. Make Remember actually resemble something really like an actual filofax or notepad!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:53 PM
    So.. you want them to basically make it into notepad.exe

Oh,.. and with pretend ruled lines (just in case your keyboard can keep things straight) and pretend binding (so that the virtual pages don't "go all over the place").

My only gripe is that it's too easy to delete a note accidentally. Done this while shopping and fumbling my device,.. but maybe I'm just a dummie.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:09 PM
    I would suggest searching threads on Remember. It does far more than you mention. If you learn to use it, you will see nothing on iOS can come near it.

You have various fields to fill in like subject, core field, even add pictures. But every time you add notes you have to press save to confirm alterations.

Now compare this to Notes for iOS. You enter in your notes in to one field. No silly extra subject fields and it's instantly saved regardless without hitting a button to amend changes.

Oh and I hate the aesthetics. Make Remember actually resemble something really like an actual filofax or notepad!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Kimberella likes this.
    03-08-15 06:05 PM
    Silly extra subject fields? So your basically knocking software for giving organization capabilities? Auto save would be nice, but if there's something I've learned (the hard way on occasion), nothing gives you piece of mind like hitting the save button to ensure you've saved something.

I also agree with the above post, remember does far more than you think.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-08-15 06:18 PM
    REMEMBER is my favorite app, especially with "reoccurring tasks" introduced in 10.3.1. And if I make any mistake when editing an entry, at least I can roll it back.

There is an app "Mini_Note" that offers single-field and auto-save capabilities.
    03-08-15 07:53 PM
    I would suggest searching threads on Remember. It does far more than you mention. If you learn to use it, you will see nothing on iOS can come near it.

I'll give it some time to get used to it. Basically shoved it at the front next to my frequent apps. 2 years of blackberry 10 and I've ignored remember. Wasting money on fad notepads in bbw looking for an ios lookalike

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:07 PM
    Are you that lazy that you are actually complaining on a public forum that tapping save is inconvenient?
    For most tapping save is confirmation that we saved the entry......especially me because I will check a few times to make sure is saved.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Obviously, you are using the wrong tool for the job.

You should stick to something simple, like a notepad with alarms.
    03-08-15 10:28 PM
    I forgot that there is a remember app!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 10:36 PM
    And once you do turn it into the one that looks like ios all the haters will start showing up saying they ripped it off of ios and didn't leave it blackberry original and how they wish to get the old one back

I haven't used the app much but I find it good with all the essential features and much more added now in the new update. For a free app it's quite good.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree! Thank you for saying this I have been thinking about that for a long time. It should be easy by default, and robust if you need it to be. It should allow you to be versatile enough to take quick notes, and save very detailed notes. I often need to snatch up my BlackBerry and take a quick note of something and remember makes me put in title fields and such. It should do that for me by default and allow me to edit it later.

Look at the screen below. I should be able to type don't forget to get food and have the note disappear into oblivion with the date and location as the title.

And yes those weird folder icons in the app gotta go.

Remember app - finally using it but it ain't brilliant and here's why-img_20150309_010306.png

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:06 AM
    How do you get the black theme in Remember?

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-09-15 08:11 AM
    How do you get the black theme in Remember?

Posted via CB10
    That's instant actions. Go to homescreen and start typing "note" before your phrase and the first option is add task to remember.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:20 PM
    That's instant actions. Go to homescreen and start typing "note" before your phrase and the first option is add task to remember.

Posted via CB10
    That makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just use the NOTES feature as opposed to the TASK feature

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    03-09-15 06:53 PM
    Check out http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18919692

I love the Remember App but I always have a more simple note taking app for some of the reasons that you stated.

Here's another one that is password encrypted
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59948562

Posted via CB10
    Tatwi likes this.
    03-09-15 07:30 PM
    Just use the NOTES feature as opposed to the TASK feature

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    OP doesn't know how to use the Remember app so instead of exploring it's rich amount of features he's hoping they would dumb it down, apparently...
    Try it op.
    03-09-15 07:31 PM
    OP doesn't know how to use the Remember app so instead of exploring it's rich amount of features he's hoping they would dumb it down, apparently...
    Try it op.
    Did you not see her pic? That would be one pretty dude if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about you, OP, but on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1002071 , I read lots of happy remember app users including me.

Maybe U need to explore it more to understand how to use it.

Posted via CB10 on my Redbellion PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-09-15 07:55 PM
    Try it op.
    I'm not the OP but I agree with the OP. It doesn't need to be dumbed down it needs to be versatile. If I want to remember to "email frank that file" I don't always need "additional notes" and a title and a due date. If you work in a fast paced environment then you don't have time to fill out all those irrelevant fields. You just need to take the note quick and move on to the next thing and you don't always happen to have a note taking app open at the ready for it.

Remember could be both. Easy answer is an additional quick action called "quick note" and it just takes the note you created and stuffs the time and date in the title field and goes into remember so you can triage later. All other functionality remains the same.

Easy solution

Posted via CB10
    Tatwi likes this.
    03-09-15 08:00 PM
    I'm not the OP but I agree with the OP. It doesn't need to be dumbed down it needs to be versatile. If I want to remember to "email frank that file" I don't always need "additional notes" and a title and a due date. If you work in a fast paced environment then you don't have time to fill out all those irrelevant fields. You just need to take the note quick and move on to the next thing and you don't always happen to have a note taking app open at the ready for it.

Remember could be both. Easy answer is an additional quick action called "quick note" and it just takes the note you created and stuffs the time and date in the title field and goes into remember so you can triage later. All other functionality remains the same.

Easy solution

Posted via CB10
    You realize all those fields are optional?
    You can literally type anything and hit enter and then pick your time you want to be reminded and it will remind you. How can this be any easier ?

Actually it's easier than that. Use the voice assistance. Works flawlessly for remember. Say something like 'remind me to call john at 3pm tomorrow'
    You'll see, it's beautiful
    03-09-15 09:00 PM
    You realize all those fields are optional?
    You can literally type anything and hit enter and then pick your time you want to be reminded and it will remind you. How can this be any easier ?

Actually it's easier than that. Use the voice assistance. Works flawlessly for remember. Say something like 'remind me to call john at 3pm tomorrow'
    You'll see, it's beautiful
    No. I don't want to talk in my phone when my director or VP asks me to so something. I'm not going to interrupt them and say "hold on while I talk to my phone". I know the fields are optional but when you have to reach for your phone, unlock it, type your note into BlackBerry assistant, tap new create note, you are already taking an awful long time fiddling with your phone to wait for a confirmation screen to appear before submitting your note to be saved. Your director or vp has already said 3 or 4 more important things you missed because you were fiddling with your phone to remember that one thing. Plus the classic isn't particularly a fast phone in the area.

My webos devices nailed this. I unlocked my phone, typed my message in just type, tapped on quick note and poof it was saved and I was ready for another note. No confirmation screen no extra fields. They were available to me later if I wanted to open notes and fill them out later.

If you still have 10.2 os you can see that this is exactly how it was implemented. 10.3 added the extra step with BlackBerry assistant.

I'm not saying this is a huge miss for BlackBerry but I do agree with the OP that some more time could have been put into remember to make it a little quicker and more useful. That's all

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:40 PM
    I've taken on board everyone's opinions and thoughts. Personally I think there is a little too much aggro with it. Imagine getting Assistant to write a simple remember note like siri does on ios. That would be sick.

'assistant can you note I have to collect shopping tomorrow'

Now take that same concept for just typing. That's what it needs. Simplicity.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:47 PM
    Check out http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18919692

I love the Remember App but I always have a more simple note taking app for some of the reasons that you stated.

Here's another one that is password encrypted
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59948562

Posted via CB10
    I think, the apps above shared by BerryRipe is the best if you wanted a simple note taking app.
    Remember as I use it is wayyyy different than what some of you guys wanted it to be used as.

For example,

Remember app - finally using it but it ain't brilliant and here's why-img_20150310_105505.png

Saving a website without boomarking it. And the links even works in Remember app. This is one of the functions that I like in Remember.

Yes, option for simpler note is fine, but using the Remember app as it is is as simpler as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Redbellion PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-09-15 09:57 PM
    I just tap the magnifying glass and tap where it says type here. As soon as I type "n", create note come up.

This is in my Z10, I assume it's even easier on a kb device.

 Posted via Z10 
    03-09-15 09:57 PM
32 12