I'm just wondering is there a way when we get a message that the indicator stays lit until we check the message. It seems to shut off.

Posted via CB Q-10
    11-03-13 03:11 PM
    The red LED has always been programmed to shut down after some period (I never checked how long) as a power save measure if the phone is unattended or otherwise ignored. As far as I know it is hard coded and can't be changed in the field.
    11-03-13 03:21 PM
    You could load and app like Hub++ or Be buzz and you can set the LED to any colour or combinations of colours and patterns you like, and you can set the length to a fixed amount or set it to be active until you check the message

Try it out these are great apps

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    11-03-13 06:35 PM
    Off topic, but I think it's stupid that the LED flashes ALL THE TIME if battery is below 10%. That's when I want to save whatever power I have left! Is there any way to turn that off?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:56 PM
    You could load and app like Hub++ or Be buzz and you can set the LED to any colour or combinations of colours and patterns you like, and you can set the length to a fixed amount or set it to be active until you check the message

Try it out these are great apps

But these LED control apps have to be active frames ya?

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-04-13 12:00 AM
    But these LED control apps have to be active frames ya?

Hub++ has to be an active frame, although I don't know about Be buzz as I never used it. Imagine it's the same until they get to turning these into headless apps which should be soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:41 AM
    Hub++ has to be an active frame, although I don't know about Be buzz as I never used it. Imagine it's the same until they get to turning these into headless apps which should be soon.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I figured. Just a waiting game. Still don't understand the absence of such a fundamental thing.

11-04-13 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    So far, all such apps need to stay in an active frame. Headless apps are now said to be coming with the official release of OS 10.2.1.xxxx. Even though we've already heard that with 10.2.

Developers have the tools to make it work now, it's just up to BlackBerry to approve them for BBW.

Btw, the default time limit for the LED flashing has been 15 minutes for years. You always needed a third party app to override that.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:38 AM
    ^I don't know about that 15 minutes for years maybe I'm wrong. But its seems like since I've got my z10 and q10 I've been missing that little red light when I wake up in the morning or when BlackBerry is unattended for a bit.

I've got hub+ maybe I'll start using it I just wish it was headless....

Posted via CB Q-10
    11-04-13 10:07 AM
    ^
    I've got hub+ maybe I'll start using it I just wish it was headless....

Posted via CB Q-10
    I know what you mean. I purchased it a while back and as soon as I saw it had to remain active I stopped using it. Can't deal with active frames open all the time.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:16 PM
    Red Message Indicator-img_00001267.png.
    Download tip and tricks app is free

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:55 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001267.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	217853.
    Download tip and tricks app is free

Posted via CB10
    The OP wanted to keep it flashing until a message was actually read.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:35 AM
    I know what you mean. I purchased it a while back and as soon as I saw it had to remain active I stopped using it. Can't deal with active frames open all the time.

Posted via CB10
    I've had hub++ since it came out and find it an invaluable tool, it has to stay active yes but I got used to that quickly and that small annoyance is far outweighed by the functionality of this app, I'd say give it a try your missing out

11-06-13 01:58 PM
    Active frames also battery drain?

11-06-13 02:07 PM