04-02-16 08:16 AM
40 12
tools
    It's neither about me being a leader nor it is that I am scared of buying the Q10 purely buz of FB not working on BB

I have used only android mobiles and still have Xperia Z...Now I am going to a College and the environment will be new for me, so I need a reliable companion...Just because of that I am worried of using an OS which is completely different from what I am using currently....

Moreover I live in India where people either use iOS or Android...I have found no one who owns a Blackberry...

So considering all these factors I am pretty sure any lay person will get little worried before taking such a decision...
    Don't You Think So?
    FB works on BlackBerry. You just don't get a native app and good integration. There's also a thread open to setup Facebook notifications via email so that's a work around that replaces the native notifications.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 04:08 PM
    FB works on BlackBerry. You just don't get a native app and good integration. There's also a thread open to setup Facebook notifications via email so that's a work around that replaces the native notifications.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Yeah I think that I will have to set that up this weekend cause my Passport is lagging and acting funny and I think it's Face10 that is the culprit. Haven't seen this behavior before.
    Pretty sure that when you setup a new email be it Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail or whatever, you can name the description anything you want so if I name it Facebook it should display in the HUB as such. Will see this weekend

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 08:23 PM
    Aman,
    I live in India too and I find a BlackBerry a great phone. Had the Q10 for a year and a half before trading it up for a Passport. You won't go wrong with this phone for all your college work.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-31-16 06:03 AM
    Yeah I think that I will have to set that up this weekend cause my Passport is lagging and acting funny and I think it's Face10 that is the culprit. Haven't seen this behavior before.
    Pretty sure that when you setup a new email be it Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail or whatever, you can name the description anything you want so if I name it Facebook it should display in the HUB as such. Will see this weekend

Posted via CB10
    Used to use the Face10 application aswell but noticed even though there were lots of features (was a pro user) few things didn't work correctly, also it was quite laggy.
    Best thing about the app was the hub integration but after I realised that I'm getting FB notifications through my mail aswell (even though with a slight delay 10-30min), I no longer needed Face10. After uninstalling the app however I noticed that my battery isn't draining as much as it used to do before so yea, I can live quite happily without it.
    All I really need are the FB events to calendar sync/notifications and the messages through the Messenger (using the Android apk v25 in this case), so yea in conclusion I'm quite fine without the native Facebook app!
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-31-16 06:34 AM
    There's no telling who else will be jumping off the BlackBerry ship, FB, whatsapp, Google chat, yahoo messenger. The android Runtime is stuck on Jellybean so as android apps evolve for newer versions they will only get worse in performance then they already are. (don't update android apps)

Just remember bb10 will not stay the way it is, it will only get worse if your into apps.

If your not into apps, it will run the same as it usually does.

I use mine mostly for business and it's still solid for that. Nothing comes close. I use an Android tablet and iPad while at home and for certain apps. Seems to be working so far.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    03-31-16 07:05 AM
    At its current price u shouldn't be too scared

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 07:28 AM
    You are opening many topics on Q10 with the same type of questions in a different manner. Why can't you just keep one thread on q10 open with clarity on what you need or clarify??

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 09:18 AM
    BB just needs to get out of the OS market and focus on Android phones. They had the opportunity to turn it around with the Z10 but screwed that up forever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Why would you buy overpriced android?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    acovey likes this.
    03-31-16 10:40 AM
    Just wait for the Q10 Android! Haha! I tell people to steer away from BlackBerry at the moment, unless they know what they are in for. Especially if you are looking for a phone for the next 5 years.

What is really scary is the silence from corporate. BB10 is the elephant in the room and the they are trying to ignore it. (mine as well upgrade your entire phone catalogue to Android then, not just the new phones)

Google has 'Google Speak' (lol dunno what's it's called), Apple has Siri, M$ has Cortana (sp?), I thought BlackBerry was going to partner with Amazon and we would have "Amazon Echo" like software on our phones, and not running with BlackBerry ASSistant for this long.

So many things. It's just sad. It's like 'did they even try' and people will say yes they did, but only did it half-assed. Lol

The S.S. BlackBerry has been racing towards an iceberg and Chen is trying to steer away from it, but it's inevitable. We are taking on a lot of water. Now it's time to abandon ship or go down with the boat. What's the point of having BlackBerry 10 on life support? Just kill it and if people still want it let them, if not BlackBerry Flavored Marshmallows sounds pretty delicious right about now.

Lol like when Sony stop selling laptops. I was like all you have to do is make gaming laptops and it will sell like hotcakes that way you get both gaming markets PC and Console. . . But no.

Posted via CB10
    Bbry assistant is running wolfram Alpha

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-31-16 10:44 AM
    could have sworn i read your post a few months ago
    03-31-16 09:05 PM
    Personally, I don't understand why anyone would be "scared" to buy any brand of phone if it suits their needs. What is there to be afraid of? They're just phones - Blackberry or any other company could cease to exist tomorrow but that doesn't mean everything stops working. I still have Palm Treo's, and they still work even though Palm doesn't exist anymore.
    03-31-16 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry has provided for me a solid phone to stay in contact with friends, family and clients, as well as browse the Web with ease, listen to music, jot down information from clients, and more.

I would almost recommend skipping the Q10 and going for a Passport, I used a Q10 for almost a year and loved it, but honestly the screen real estate and power of the Passport is worth it. Like others I've found myself using my tablet FAR less and my laptop less often for simple things such as email.

Just keep in mind that BlackBerry doesn't have all the apps that Android and iOS have, but if you don't mind a brief tutorial you can get most Android apps running thanks to Cobalt and the help of others.

I was on the fence about buying a Priv or a Passport, I'm completely satisfied with my Passport, but as with any phone it takes a little while to adjust, so if it seems weird at first don't give up right away.

But again, the Q10 was great and you can pick it up at an extremely reasonable price these days.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-31-16 11:06 PM
    So don't buy one. Simple as that.
    04-01-16 01:32 AM
    Buy the BlackBerry priv if u want full functioning apps

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:05 AM
    A normal Blackberry with no BES is as insecure as Android?
    What about Google collecting all our info n data..Will it still be possible even if one uses Blackberry with no Gmail Account sync?
    Can Blackberry be hacked as easily as Android?

Are all apps in BB World collect data the same way as apps on Play Store does?

By Having a BB I meant using BB Maps not Google....Using BB Browser not Chrome....using Box/Dropbox/OneDrive instead of GoogleDrive....using Outlook/protonmail/tutanota instead of gmail ....I basically meant using services other than google..If I do this then is there other ways by which my data still be collected... and do ads pops up related to what I searched on web just like in android?

For Apps Do I have more control over what I want apps to collect and what not unlike google apps....

Also does BBM has end to end encryption (pin to pin)?

My main reason to chose BB was privacy n security..I have read that android user's data are been secretly send to unknown IP Address in US and a company Xiaomi send data to IP address based in China...
    Is it true? BB do the same?

Is a Non BES Blackberry anyhow different from Android with respect to security n privacy..

Please Clarify these issues...I seriously need answers for these questions??
    04-02-16 08:16 AM
40 12