I feel the main reason of such low sale of Blackberry is the perception that people have..
    Even today whenever I say that I am planning to buy a Blackberry, people warn me not to do so as if they really know what Blackberry is all about..
    All these salesmen out there are really making it hard for BB to revamp it's status..

Today I saw people in Twitter saying that Facebook has thrown a bone towards all BB die hard fans by making FB available in a form of Web App...

some say it is the last nail in the BB's coffin..
    I mean people cannot know the reality until told, but here we see people saying that BB 10 is a Dead OS Walking...

Blackberry needs to publicize it's brand...

I want to know that is BB 10 walking straight to it's grave or it's just a rumor spread across the world?
    People say that Blackberry have moved ahead with Android and have left behind the BB10OS...as now we see all over the place commercials of Priv,news feeds by twitter Blackberry about Priv and nothing about BB10...rumors of another BB Android mobile coming and no BB10OS...Is there any possibility of my fear being transform into reality..

I mean that scares me a lot...
    Here in 2016 I am planning to have my first Blackberry for rest of my 5 years...and I hear that the OS on which the mobile is running is an obsolete and dead OS...
    03-30-16 10:26 AM
    If you heavily using Facebook and whatsapp ,I won't suggest you to buy bb10 devices
    Aman1007 and MikeX74 like this.
    03-30-16 10:29 AM
    As far as we know:

-BB10 is in maintenance mode and is approaching end of life.

-No new major versions of BBOS will be released.

-All future BlackBerry handsets will run Android.

-Q10 still does what it does. You should buy one if you want one.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:30 AM
    If you are scared, you shouldn't.. go with your gut feeling.

"A leader can not lead the pack without first turning his/her back to them."
    - someone smarter than me.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 10:32 AM
    Not on FB and also rarely use Whatsapp...
    03-30-16 10:37 AM
    If you are scared, you shouldn't.. go with your gut feeling.

"A leader can not lead the pack without first turning his/her back to them."
    - someone smarter than me.
    This!!

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SE SQW100-4 running 10.3.2.2876
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 10:38 AM
    BB just needs to get out of the OS market and focus on Android phones. They had the opportunity to turn it around with the Z10 but screwed that up forever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 10:46 AM
    It's neither about me being a leader nor it is that I am scared of buying the Q10 purely buz of FB not working on BB

I have used only android mobiles and still have Xperia Z...Now I am going to a College and the environment will be new for me, so I need a reliable companion...Just because of that I am worried of using an OS which is completely different from what I am using currently....

Moreover I live in India where people either use iOS or Android...I have found no one who owns a Blackberry...

So considering all these factors I am pretty sure any lay person will get little worried before taking such a decision...
    Don't You Think So?
    03-30-16 10:48 AM
    If you have concerns, go with what you know. The trustworthiness is usually with what you know. If you have never used a BB then it won't be reliable to you anyway.
    03-30-16 10:51 AM
    It's neither about me being a leader nor it is that I am scared of buying the Q10 purely buz of FB not working on BB

I have used only android mobiles and still have Xperia Z...Now I am going to a College and the environment will be new for me, so I need a reliable companion...Just because of that I am worried of using an OS which is completely different from what I am using currently....

Moreover I live in India where people either use iOS or Android...I have found no one who owns a Blackberry...

So considering all these factors I am pretty sure any lay person will get little worried before taking such a decision...
    Don't You Think So?
    Then bb10 devices won't fit your needs, buy whatever suit your needs either android or iPhone
    03-30-16 10:56 AM
    There is a third party app called Face10 that gives you a hub notification with Facebook.

As for Whatsapp, there is no third party replacement as far as I know.

The Q10 can be had for very cheap now. I don't think you are taking a lot of risk here.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and Aman1007 like this.
    03-30-16 10:57 AM
    Just wait for the Q10 Android! Haha! I tell people to steer away from BlackBerry at the moment, unless they know what they are in for. Especially if you are looking for a phone for the next 5 years.

What is really scary is the silence from corporate. BB10 is the elephant in the room and the they are trying to ignore it. (mine as well upgrade your entire phone catalogue to Android then, not just the new phones)

Google has 'Google Speak' (lol dunno what's it's called), Apple has Siri, M$ has Cortana (sp?), I thought BlackBerry was going to partner with Amazon and we would have "Amazon Echo" like software on our phones, and not running with BlackBerry ASSistant for this long.

So many things. It's just sad. It's like 'did they even try' and people will say yes they did, but only did it half-assed. Lol

The S.S. BlackBerry has been racing towards an iceberg and Chen is trying to steer away from it, but it's inevitable. We are taking on a lot of water. Now it's time to abandon ship or go down with the boat. What's the point of having BlackBerry 10 on life support? Just kill it and if people still want it let them, if not BlackBerry Flavored Marshmallows sounds pretty delicious right about now.

Lol like when Sony stop selling laptops. I was like all you have to do is make gaming laptops and it will sell like hotcakes that way you get both gaming markets PC and Console. . . But no.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 and xtremeled like this.
    03-30-16 11:13 AM
    I feel the main reason of such low sale of Blackberry is the perception that people have..
    Even today whenever I say that I am planning to buy a Blackberry, people warn me not to do so as if they really know what Blackberry is all about..
    All these salesmen out there are really making it hard for BB to revamp it's status..

Today I saw people in Twitter saying that Facebook has thrown a bone towards all BB die hard fans by making FB available in a form of Web App...

some say it is the last nail in the BB's coffin..
    I mean people cannot know the reality until told, but here we see people saying that BB 10 is a Dead OS Walking...

Blackberry needs to publicize it's brand...

I want to know that is BB 10 walking straight to it's grave or it's just a rumor spread across the world?
    People say that Blackberry have moved ahead with Android and have left behind the BB10OS...as now we see all over the place commercials of Priv,news feeds by twitter Blackberry about Priv and nothing about BB10...rumors of another BB Android mobile coming and no BB10OS...Is there any possibility of my fear being transform into reality..

I mean that scares me a lot...
    Here in 2016 I am planning to have my first Blackberry for rest of my 5 years...and I hear that the OS on which the mobile is running is an obsolete and dead OS...
    After everything you have read, you are asking these questions? I dont think it matters what anyone says to you about the future or lack of a future for BB. You will simply ignore it and keep asking the same questions which have been answered ad nauseum. BB has had nothing but flops for the better part of a decade. How long can a company burn cash, release duds and expect to keep going?
    03-30-16 11:19 AM
    There is a third party app called Face10 that gives you a hub notification with Facebook.

As for Whatsapp, there is no third party replacement as far as I know.

The Q10 can be had for very cheap now. I don't think you are taking a lot of risk here.

Posted via CB10
    And this is a productivity device? If you need work arounds to make your device work, It doesn't really help with productivity
    03-30-16 11:22 AM

Don't You Think So?
    Not a single person you know owns a BB? Why would this dinosaur even be considered for your needs? Seriously, you're not getting the message at all!
    03-30-16 11:25 AM
    And this is a productivity device? If you need work arounds to make your device work, It doesn't really help with productivity
    Buying a $4 app from the app store is not much of a work if you ask me.

The third party app is better in some ways. You can change the color scheme. And more importantly, there are no ads in the app!

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:28 AM
    I would like to add in case I missed it, that Whatsapp may still function even after support has ended. No one really knows what exactly will happen and or for how long. I personally don't see the point of jumping ship until I know for sure if it can make it to land before Decommission. If need be I will get a new phone when I have to. In the meantime if my contract comes due and I am ready to get a new phone I may just by the most popular phone on contract at a discount then sell it. I take this money and add it to my phone-fund which enables me to buy any phone I choose at any time.

Cheers!
    Hail Passport!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:31 AM
    Man, chill out... the fact that no one around him owns a BlackBerry doesn't automatically mean that you can't have one... I live in US, I am the only one I know who has a BlackBerry and I can't care less... for my needs this device works... I understand that for many many many users your way of thinking is the way to go but having friends with a particular brand it's not the only consideration when buying a phone... just saying...

Not a single person you know owns a BB? Why would this dinosaur even be considered for your needs? Seriously, you're not getting the message at all!

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 and PantherBlitz like this.
    03-30-16 11:41 AM
    My Needs...hmmmm

I have got the answer to this question in my another thread...
    You might check that before telling me that I'd not got the msg...
    People whom I met gave me silly reasoning behind not choosing a BB, that's why I searched web,read reviews,asked many questions about it..So your conclusion on my needs was a fallacious one..
    I only question left was the Continuation of the Existence of BB10 and that's it...for rest of the questions I'd got my answer...
    03-30-16 11:42 AM
    If you want one, buy one. If you don't, don't. If you want one but are somewhat hesitant, buy a used one, that's what I did. I bought a used Passport. That way, I don't have as much money invested and have the phone I want for now.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:47 AM
    Thanks for Understanding my Concern...
    PHughes likes this.
    03-30-16 11:48 AM
    Yes, I would say that if you want a Q10 and you find a good deal, go for it... I would recommend to avoid buying one too expensive since the future is uncertain at best with bb10... but if you don't invest too much money, or money that you need for something else, then yes, by all means, do it...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 12:09 PM
    I have a Q10 and switched to a Passport about a year ago. No comparison, get the Passport. Unless, however, you can't get through your day without Snapchat then, get a Priv.

If I had to get a new device today, it would be another Passport without hesitation.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    elfabio80 and Jasonn Brantley like this.
    03-30-16 12:14 PM
    Even if BBRY announces the folding of the handset division - I would still buy one if the price is right.

I would love to get a Classic or a Passport but I can't see myself paying more than $200 today for an OS on such shaky ground.
    03-30-16 02:09 PM
    My Needs...hmmmm

I have got the answer to this question in my another thread...
    You might check that before telling me that I'd not got the msg...
    People whom I met gave me silly reasoning behind not choosing a BB, that's why I searched web,read reviews,asked many questions about it..So your conclusion on my needs was a fallacious one..
    I only question left was the Continuation of the Existence of BB10 and that's it...for rest of the questions I'd got my answer...
    But in your other thread most of us told you to get a different phone.

At this point BlackBerry is focusing its BB10 efforts on a very specific market which could explain recent announcements.

Chen wouldn't commit to saying that we'll never see another BB10 device again, but he noted that the market for BB10 devices has been squarely in the high-security business, such as governments and hospitals. BlackBerry will continue to support those customers with software updates, but since they don't upgrade their devices very often, the impetus to come out with new hardware often is low.
    BlackBerry CEO wants to sell 5 million phones a year | The Verge

For these customers the loss of apps or fewer OS updates likely isn't a big deal and they would probably have different needs than most.

Overall, five years is a very long time to keep a device, I think the only device manufacturer that comes close to providing OS support for that long is Apple with the iPhone 4S. Since you mentioned in the other thread that you need Office support I think you might have trouble getting that much use out of a BB10 device, even if you switch to BlackBerry apps and services.
    03-30-16 03:44 PM
40 12