BlackBerry World,

Since BB10 is done how long would it be doable to hang onto the devices and actually use them with a peaceful mind. I'd like to think even BB10 devices would be still useful in 2017 and possibly 2 years from now. Is it plausible to think my Q10 or the Classic is relevant in 2-3 years from now?

Either way I'm using BlackBerry and iphone moving forward

Authored via вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿
    03-19-16 10:03 PM
    All depends on your definition of "useful"/"relevant".

If having workable Facebook and/or Whatsapp was in those, then the end might be closer than you think.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    03-19-16 10:36 PM
    Exactly, it's all about use cases and technologies you rely on. For text/calls/mails it's going to be usable for years. For FB, WA, Google Talk, it might not be usable for some even now.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Superdupont 2_0 like this.
    03-20-16 05:47 AM
    I am thinking to buy classic at the end of this year. Let's see BlackBerry's move about the "alternative" of WA. Facebook should not be problem for anyone, as at least they have web support.

Bahtiyar Danaci likes this.
    03-20-16 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry World,

Since BB10 is done
    Why do you state that so? It's totally not done. Just a few days Chen said that BlackBerry is loyal to it's operating system.

I wonder, how much it pays to get to BlackBerry forum and start to leave the comments on BlackBerrys death? This is a rhetoric question though.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 06:50 AM
    For one facebook does not need to be an app and works fine as a Web browser shortcut on the homescreen. If you are that important that you need direct notifications than you best keep your eyes peeled for badges on your apps on other platforms. I used to only use it as a shortcut on Android due to the huge battery drain the app presented. Myself I can just open the shortcut and take a peak then closed with same amount of time wasted. If I were to go to the hub. For those who need HUB integration we are hoping that FACE10 will remain functional and continue to improve.

Whatsapp is not an issue cause there are alternatives so not concerned.

I needed a file off my computer this morning before leaving my house as I was sitting in my car so I opened the file manager and went to MY PC and copied the file over my wifi in seconds without exiting my vehicle. This is built into the OS and works great. I don't see myself ditching my Passport EVER!!! Lol. Love love. love!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Bahtiyar Danaci likes this.
    03-20-16 07:20 AM
    Why do you state that so? It's totally not done. Just a few days Chen said that BlackBerry is loyal to it's operating system.

I wonder, how much it pays to get to BlackBerry forum and start to leave the comments on BlackBerrys death? This is a rhetoric question though.

Posted via CB10
    When I say BB10 is done I'm saying that with knowing BlackBerry isn't pushing out anymore BB10 devices. That's pretty much a forgone conclusion. I am completely fine with how things are I just like to think those of us who still value BB10 can still expect the use the phones years from now. I don't see why not. I personally enjoy the OS itself and don't need FB or WA as I don't use either. Only twitter. I'm hoping to have either my Classic or Q10 still in use in 2018 or so all the while using iphone as a combo when it's warranted.

03-20-16 08:32 AM
    For one facebook does not need to be an app and works fine as a Web browser shortcut on the homescreen. If you are that important that you need direct notifications than you best keep your eyes peeled for badges on your apps on other platforms. I used to only use it as a shortcut on Android due to the huge battery drain the app presented. Myself I can just open the shortcut and take a peak then closed with same amount of time wasted. If I were to go to the hub. For those who need HUB integration we are hoping that FACE10 will remain functional and continue to improve.

Whatsapp is not an issue cause there are alternatives so not concerned.

I needed a file off my computer this morning before leaving my house as I was sitting in my car so I opened the file manager and went to MY PC and copied the file over my wifi in seconds without exiting my vehicle. This is built into the OS and works great. I don't see myself ditching my Passport EVER!!! Lol. Love love. love!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    How r u doing this? When I try to use this function I am taking the answer that I copied screen shot and pasted below.
    Can u help me about it?

Realistic BB10 Devices and Time Table-img_20160320_155741.png

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:00 AM
    When I say BB10 is done I'm saying that with knowing BlackBerry isn't pushing out anymore BB10 devices.
    Ok, thank you for the response, I got your point. But how come that you know that Bb isn't pushing out anymore BB10 devices? Do you work for Blackberry?
    03-21-16 01:12 AM
    Ok, thank you for the response, I got your point. But how come that you know that Bb isn't pushing out anymore BB10 devices? Do you work for Blackberry?
    Yes, BlackBerry will continue to exist, but won't offer any phones running on its own BlackBerry 10 software.

http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/

It's in the writing. BlackBerry is transitioning to Android

gugomat likes this.
    03-21-16 05:24 AM