Not sure this is worth its own thread but I didn't see a dedicated thread and I want to sing its praises. I find it's one of the first things I show people. I use any Wall street journal page and it's impressive.

Posted via CB10
    Simon Ng and taylorblackberry like this.
    06-08-13 09:09 AM
    Not sure this is worth its own thread but I didn't see a dedicated thread and I want to sing its praises. I find it's one of the first things I show people. I use any Wall street journal page and it's impressive.

Posted via CB10
    It is indeed quite good and fast at parsing articles. I only wish it would give an option to invert font/background color (black background with white text), like the Kindle app allows. Easier on the eyes in dark environments I feel.
    06-08-13 09:50 AM
    I love this feature. Use it several times daily for reading medical articles. Makes keeping up with new research easier as I can read an article during small gaps in the day.
    06-08-13 09:56 AM
    It's awesome, I can read long articles without adjusting to text. Only thing I would change is allowing to remodel a page of forums because often it only does the first post on the page.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:33 AM
    I also like this feature very much.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 01:30 PM
    I don't like it much. It doesn't work on many sites that I regularly read. I'd much prefer text reflow in the browser, given the choice. But I don't see any indication that we'll be given that choice, so I deal with Reader Mode.

A lot of the time, I find ReadItNow to be a better way to look at web content, but it varies from one site to the next.
    And of course it too adds more steps.
    06-09-13 03:35 PM
    I also love this feature and use it often. However I wish Blackberry would've themed it dark for the Q10. Maybe in an upcomming update.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-09-13 04:07 PM
    Imagine if this had a "Save article" feature and a pdf export or something...

Heaven...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:30 PM
    Reader mode is fantastic. Works perfectly on virtually all of the sites I visit.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:13 AM
    Imagine if this had a "Save article" feature and a pdf export or something...
    The "save article" feature is exactly what ReadItNow provides, as well as a somewhat more attractive layout of the saved web page.

Reader Mode will not display comments on blog pages, which is a serious shortcoming. ReadItNow will display them. On some forums, Reader Mode will only display the first post in a thread; ReadItNow displays everything on the page. If the thread (or article) continues onto another page, ReadItNow offers to fetch the next page and add it; Reader Mode doesn't.
    Bbnivende and Taigatrommel like this.
    06-10-13 08:15 AM
    I don't like it much. It doesn't work on many sites that I regularly read. I'd much prefer text reflow in the browser, given the choice. But I don't see any indication that we'll be given that choice, so I deal with Reader Mode.

A lot of the time, I find ReadItNow to be a better way to look at web content, but it varies from one site to the next.
    And of course it too adds more steps.
    I agree 100% . Reader mode is a poor substitute for text reflow. Secondly, reader mode does not work with all web pages . Lastly, the BB10 does such a poor job rendering websites that the reader mode is required. Reader mode is not unique to Blackberry . I understand that Apple has the same solution.

By the way I am not a troll - I own a 9900.

HTC One Gets One Thing Right... Native Text*Reflow - The Carlton Zone Blog - Technology, Business, & Marketing
    06-10-13 09:11 AM
    Ooo, safe to PDF now THAT would be a sweet idea, along with Reader having mark-up abilities (notes, highlighting of text, etc) to be saved
    06-10-13 09:17 AM
    Liked it on the PB and like it on the Z10 too.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-10-13 09:52 AM
    By the way I am not a troll - I own a 9900.
    Nor am I. I owned a 9900 and I now own a Z10, and I intend to keep it. But in terms of actually reading web content, the 9900 was a better experience than the Z10. For all other purposes the Z10 browser is of course better.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-10-13 10:59 AM
    It is indeed quite good and fast at parsing articles. I only wish it would give an option to invert font/background color (black background with white text), like the Kindle app allows. Easier on the eyes in dark environments I feel.
    That would be a great feature!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:46 AM
    Reader not working on a website forum in ravelry.com. Annoying as the print is so small I cant read it.
    11-12-13 05:57 PM