If anyone here is a subscriber to Rdio please email them asking for an app for BB10 devices. I know there are workarounds and side loading options available, but the ability to listen offline is still the biggest feature that is missing. I have been in contact with Rdio since BB10 launched and have had positive feedback from their support team.
    Please email them and demand an app for BlackBerry 10 devices. They will listen and if enough users ask for it they will build us what we want.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:54 PM
    <snip>

Please email them and demand an app for BlackBerry 10 devices. They will listen and if enough users ask for it they will build us what we want.
    Big difference between "demanding" and "asking". I like this application so I am very supportive of asking nicely for it to be brought to BB10.
    12-19-13 03:03 PM
    As a paying subscriber, I did demand an app. My conversations with Rdio have escalated to being able to demand an app. They will built it if there is enough support from users of BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 04:14 PM
    Doubt they will. We've been asking since day 1!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:14 PM
    What exactly does this app do that is so special?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:18 PM
    What exactly does this app do that is so special?

Posted via CB10
    It allows those who subscribe to Rdio to use their subscription on their mobile device. Kind of important to those who pay the $9.99/month since one of the benefits is the ability to stream music from a mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:21 PM
    So it's like Rhapsody or Napster?
    It allows those who subscribe to Rdio to use their subscription on their mobile device. Kind of important to those who pay the $9.99/month since one of the benefits is the ability to stream music from a mobile device.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:27 PM
    So it's like Rhapsody or Napster?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Currently, Rdio is a direct competitor to Spotify, Pandora, iTunes Radio, Google Play Music. The service allows for users to stream music.
    12-29-13 04:34 PM
    The only streaming music service I know of that BlackBerry has, that allows you to listen office, is TuneIn Radio. But it is actual radio stations. You can't pick specific songs. Or Slacker.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:44 PM
    The only streaming music service I know of that BlackBerry has, that allows you to listen office, is TuneIn Radio. But it is actual radio stations. You can't pick specific songs. Or Slacker.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Rdio is like those. Except it also allows you to listen to any album the service has the right to stream.

I use the app "Forte.fm" for Rdio when I'm on my Q10. It works alright. I've had a lot of JavaScript alerts regarding certain access not being allowed since loading 10.2. But all in all, music plays just fine.
    12-29-13 04:58 PM
    Cool. The iPhone has Rhapsody, which about every track that iTunes does, but unlimited for 9.99 or 3 devices for 14. With 4G or Wifi it takes about a minute to download an album to the device for offline.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:01 PM
    Cool. The iPhone has Rhapsody, which about every track that iTunes does, but unlimited for 9.99 or 3 devices for 14. With 4G or Wifi it takes about a minute to download an album to the device for offline.

Posted via CB10
    I always forget about Rhapsody among the music subscription services.
    12-29-13 05:06 PM
    It's fantastic. It's basically iTunes for $10 a month unlimited. Same interface, listen offline.

It doesn't pay the artist squat, but it's better that people stealing music.

Posted via CB10
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    12-29-13 05:12 PM
    @waterfrontmgmt I'll have to check Rhapsody out. Thanks!
    12-29-13 06:41 PM
    Rdio allows for online play. So music and albums are available when radios are turned off. It is not just a streaming service, and whole albums can be downloaded. Only catch is must be a subscriber and have available memory. This is where BlackBerry is superior for this service, as memory can be expanded. Not the case with Apple products. This is why we need it.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:47 PM
    Many streaming services can also be downloaded for offline use.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:56 PM
    Slacker for one.
    11-13-14 01:14 AM
    While I have had Rdio work on my z10 occasionally. It is woefully unreliable. The Forte app was a good idea but is plagued by error message popups. After a year and a half of not having my music on demand on my BlackBerry I cancelled my Rdio subscription.
    I now subscribe to Deezer. They have an android port that works well. I tried it free, for 30 second song clips only, and decided to make the full switch. I'm happier with the service by far. Even if it does only run in the browser on my computer. (windows 8 and up have an app)
    Cheer happy listening.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:15 AM
    Now that Spotify is available in Canada I told Rdio that i was taking my $9.99 per month elsewhere. The Spotify Android app works perfectly and spotify is a better service.
    11-18-14 05:09 PM