I find it really hard to believe that BB10 - the platform for "business and getting things done" - does NOT have a simple and native way to send emails using an alias address in Hub.

I use Gmail as my mail handler, and one of my work accounts is forwarded to it. I do not want to reply with the Gmail address, but with my work account's address.

There was an app for Windows Phone called MetroMail which handled this simple function perfectly. This is why I'm amazed and disappointed that the functionality is not built in to the Hub, as far as I can tell.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: Am I missing something, here? Perhaps I did my setup wrong? I don't want a workaround. I want this function to work as well as it did for Windows Phone... yes, Windows Phone!

EDIT: Lest I sound like a whiny petulant person, I wanna add that I'm enjoying my journey with BB10 immensely so far... the AT&T Passport is a wonderful device and I only wish I'd gotten it sooner!
    11-03-15 11:39 AM
    I can do it on my Passport but only from my Exchange account. I don't see an option from my Hotmail or Gmail account.

For my Exchange account, I can click Reply and then if I scroll to the very top, I have a drop down menu that allows me to switch to any of my other accounts and send the email from that account.
    11-03-15 11:59 AM
    I can do this in my Zed10 now. I have several email accounts, three work and four personal accounts, and you simply pull down the address bar and pick the "from". Is this a work issued phone? If so they may have it locked down per policy.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-03-15 12:54 PM
    I can do this in my Zed10 now. I have several email accounts, three work and four personal accounts, and you simply pull down the address bar and pick the "from". Is this a work issued phone? If so they may have it locked down per policy.

Nope, just my personal device... I have multiple accounts too. That is not my problem... I want to send an email using an alternate address that is tied into my Gmail account.

Someone please tell me this feature is included and I'm just missing something...!
    11-03-15 01:06 PM
    Is the alternate address setup as an account on your Passport?
    11-03-15 01:39 PM
    Replies come from the email address you setup when you added the account to your phone. Just recreate the account using the address you want your mail to be from. So long as the mail server allows you to send using an alias, it should work.
    11-03-15 01:40 PM
    Nope, just my personal device... I have multiple accounts too. That is not my problem... I want to send an email using an alternate address that is tied into my Gmail account.

Someone please tell me this feature is included and I'm just missing something...!
    This may be a Gmail issue. I can use alternative outlook addresses as well as my own server addresss

11-03-15 01:51 PM
    I finally got it working for me so I can confirm it is possible
    11-03-15 06:43 PM
    Personally I oppose what the OP is trying to do! The notion that a person wants to hide their identity is a mark of hypocrisy.

Yes you can have a number of accounts and yes you can under BlackBerry 10 you can select whatever account you want to use.

Why do folks want to hide?

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    11-03-15 07:04 PM
    There's a how to thread on this, and it works. Be sure to read the comments, including mine, in the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=820767

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    vara4111 likes this.
    11-03-15 08:17 PM
    I can confirm the above works
    11-03-15 08:36 PM
    Personally I oppose what the OP is trying to do! The notion that a person wants to hide their identity is a mark of hypocrisy...
    He simply wants to respond to work email, getting forwarded to Gmail, from his work email address, so that it shows as responding from his work address, and not some random personal Gmail address.

Ex.
    From: my-work-email-address-that-all-my-co...gnize@work.com

Instead of:

Nobody is trying to "hide" their identity.

Posted via CB10
    vara4111 likes this.
    11-04-15 12:19 PM
    He simply wants to respond to work email, getting forwarded to Gmail, from his work email address, so that it shows as responding from his work address, and not some random personal Gmail address.

Ex.
    From: my-work-email-address-that-all-my-co...gnize@work.com

Instead of:

Posted via CB10
    Setup both email accounts. Not need for forwarding.
    11-04-15 12:34 PM
    you can set alias, you may have to add the account as imap account instead of gmail though. there you have the ability to set "email address" seperately
    11-04-15 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hillary was.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    BerryRipe and vara4111 like this.
    11-04-15 12:45 PM
    Personally I oppose what the OP is trying to do! The notion that a person wants to hide their identity is a mark of hypocrisy.

Yes you can have a number of accounts and yes you can under BlackBerry 10 you can select whatever account you want to use.

Why do folks want to hide?

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    Gmail will not approve the use of an alias unless you demonstrate that the alias account is yours. People do this all the time, for perfectly legitimate reasons. For example, you can register a private domain name and generally set up email accounts using that domain for free, as long as they are forwarded addresses. Forwarding them to a free Gmail account is a very cost effective way of setting up a personal domain name for your email.

It's not a matter of hiding your identity. It's a matter of not being dependent on you email host for providing your email address, so you can switch providers anytime you want and keep your email address.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:54 PM
    I also have few email that Gmail pulls and I am able to reply showing 'from' these accounts from Gmail. I'm not aware of doing anything special to have this work. I do however have these account on my device as well and notice that it does give me the option to reply using an email that Gmail doesn't pull. Maybe the account have to be on the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:56 PM
    I also have few email that Gmail pulls and I am able to reply showing 'from' these accounts from Gmail. I'm not aware of doing anything special to have this work. I do however have these account on my device as well and notice that it does give me the option to reply using an email that Gmail doesn't pull. Maybe the account have to be on the device.

Posted via CB10
    It does, based on my reading.

The only problem is that I haven't logged in to my alias email account (I've always logged in through Google) that I can't remember the account login details!!!

Thanks all for the suggestions. ... And no, I'm not trying to HIDE my identity. LOL!
    11-10-15 04:09 PM
    The other question is whether you're breaking company policy by forwarding your mail to a public email. Many companies have policies against this, for much the same reason that they don't allow corporate documents on public cloud services, especially since Gmail is then scanning information that may be considered proprietary or for intenal use only.

Just something to look into for your own protection.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:39 AM