Can someone who has a z10 please answer me if you get random pictures in your photo library from apps. That's one thing I hated about android and I'm not sure if there is a way to shut that off. I only had android for about 4 month sand every week or a few times a week, new random pictures. So do you have random pictures showing up or know someone who has mentioned it? Any input would help. I hope its all No's. Thanks

Well I guess they are more like advertisements than pictures. Either way it bugs me.
    02-13-13 03:07 PM
    Yes..I'm getting profile pictures from all my facebook contacts, and I also got a bunch of animated pictures when I installed words with friends.. it's a mild inconvenience, but hopefully they'll take care of separating these from the photo library in a subsequent update.
    02-13-13 03:15 PM
    Yes..I'm getting profile pictures from all my facebook contacts, and I also got a bunch of animated pictures when I installed words with friends.. it's a mild inconvenience, but hopefully they'll take care of separating these from the photo library in a subsequent update.
    that would depend on the developer if they have them saved in the shared folders or in the app folders. for example if a dev made a camera app you would want the pictures to show up in the shared folders. the profile pic are probably because other app would need access to the images
    02-13-13 03:20 PM
    I don't get any random pictures at all, it might be a software bug...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 03:23 PM
    that would depend on the developer if they have them saved in the shared folders or in the app folders. for example if a dev made a camera app you would want the pictures to show up in the shared folders. the profile pic are probably because other app would need access to the images
    Words with friends is a sideloaded android port.. so no surprise there.. but the native Facebook app developed by Blackberry shouldn't have this issue.. you are likely right that they are in a shared folder because they need to be accessed by other apps, Ie. the facebook profile photo's are used by the contacts app.. but there still must be a way to not have them show up in the pictures app, and Blackberry will have to find it.
    02-13-13 03:35 PM
    Ahhhhhh. Interesting. So maybe not with the native bb10 apps but with sideload android ports you do get it. Well that's a good thing to know. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear its not a big deal. And it would be extremely great if they at least put it in a different folder. Beggars cant be choosers i guess
    02-13-13 03:48 PM
    Yes, I have also experienced the arrival of a random picture turning up in my picture file. Last week I was flicking through my own photo's and I saw this pic of a large black dog - clearly taken in someones kitchen - pair of patent black Fit Flops to the side of the pic - wooden floors. Really wierded me out!! A dog just turning up amongst your photos is somewhat disconcerting! I feel a little reassured now that I have read through this thread,but I am very much hoping this doesn't happen again. Where would the pic have come from? AND - what about my own pictures - are they ending up on other people's phones? It's a fairly minor inconvenience, yes, but it makes me very uncomfortable indeed. Seeking more re assurance please.
    Last edited by antonia gia; 12-14-13 at 05:49 AM. Reason: typo
    12-14-13 05:48 AM