My Z30 is running release 10.3.3.1463, my Z10 runs 10.3.3.2031. I know they're closely related but having SMS problems with both. Very often they will fail at sending SMS, but can receive. This is the case whether I am using cell signal or wifi-calling. Before these current updates, did not have this issue. Question: is there a radio file I could load that might help? Sorry, know how to use an autoloader and that's about it. Thanks
    11-12-17 07:41 PM
    The issue is very unlikely to be caused by the radio file, or this issue would be widespread.

It's more likely you have an incorrect or corrupt APN setting or something.

Play with the APN settings, and then install a clean OS if it isn't resolved.
    11-12-17 08:13 PM
    The issue is very unlikely to be caused by the radio file, or this issue would be widespread.

It's more likely you have an incorrect or corrupt APN setting or something.

Play with the APN settings, and then install a clean OS if it isn't resolved.
    I have two Z30s and a Z10 all with same issue since updating. Highly unlikely, I think, for them all to have an error. Two were clean installs. (APNs look correct). But I'll mess with packet vs circuit and see if that helps. Thanks
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-13-17 at 02:02 AM.
    11-13-17 01:20 AM
    I have two Z30s and a Z10 all with same issue since updating. Highly unlikely, I think, for them all to have an error. Two were clean installs. (APNs look correct). But I'll mess with packet vs circuit and see if that helps. Thanks
    UPDATE: The default setting was "circuit switch preferred". Changing it to "packet switch preferred" seems to have sorted this issue on my Z30. Will take a day to find out. Thanks again.
    11-13-17 07:44 AM
    UPDATE: The default setting was "circuit switch preferred". Changing it to "packet switch preferred" seems to have sorted this issue on my Z30. Will take a day to find out. Thanks again.
    UPDATE UPDATE... yup switching to Packet Preferred seems to have solved.
    11-13-17 11:41 AM
    UPDATE UPDATE... yup switching to Packet Preferred seems to have solved.
    Excellent!
    11-13-17 01:09 PM
    So what's the deal, is everything shifting over to packet? Because of VoLTE and such?
    11-13-17 01:36 PM
    So what's the deal, is everything shifting over to packet? Because of VoLTE and such?
    Not sure, but the problem with your devices (and perhaps BB10 in its current state) is that they did not glean that information from your carrier and make the appropriate adjustments in the background.
    11-13-17 02:02 PM
    Not sure, but the problem with your devices (and perhaps BB10 in its current state) is that they did not glean that information from your carrier and make the appropriate adjustments in the background.
    Is there a way to make this same change on, say a Dtek50?
    11-13-17 02:08 PM
    Is there a way to make this same change on, say a Dtek50?
    It should do it automatically.

But on Marshmallow/Nougat, you go to Settings, cellular networks, access point names. Then hit the + sign at the top right to create a new profile, if the default is incorrect.
    11-13-17 02:09 PM
    It should do it automatically.

But on Marshmallow/Nougat, you go to Settings, cellular networks, access point names. Then hit the + sign at the top right to create a new profile, if the default is incorrect.
    Thanks. And thanks for your help.
    11-13-17 02:36 PM