Actually, as an OS it does. Crap, WebOS was WAAAY ahead of its time. But nobody cares about the OS, they only care about apps.
    Trouble with webOS is they were never had adequate legacy support for the humongous Palm app library all now sadly gone to seed...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 04:49 PM
    Google bought BlackBerry along time ago smh

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:35 PM
    R.I.P. BB10..-mockit_23102015193515.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:44 AM
    BB10 is starting to feel like the PlayBook. There are little features that never made it into BB10 (Select multiple in a series, for example), the browser is starting to suck and everything is feeling a bit stale.
    10-25-15 01:32 AM
    for such a wicked OS its a big shame how Blackberry have left BB10 or now focusing on Android!

I have to admit i got myself an iphone 6s after being loyal to blackberry for so long and even though it lacks alot of customisation and gestures i question myself why i remained loyal to Blackberry all these years!
    10-26-15 02:01 AM
    I just started using BB10, and it's an AWESOME os. It's Sleek, Elegant, and super Productive.

I have read that BB is still going to support it. A new update is slated for early next year. So I have no worries. I'm just glad I'm finally on the "10" platform. And my 9900 is still kicking **** on my business line with BIS. If Berry is STILL supporting BIS after 5 years of legacy, then I have no doubt that 10 will be around for at least five years. By then who knows what we'll be using for communication.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-27-15 05:05 PM
    Read it and weep! All the negative and pessimistic haters can crawl back in from which they spewed.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-p...Y5OTYifQ%3D%3D

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:39 AM
    Read it and weep! All the negative and pessimistic haters can crawl back in from which they spewed.

BlackBerry provides an update for BlackBerry 10 developers, confirms support of platform | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    I responded to your post in another thread. The posting doesn't mean what you think it does.
    10-28-15 08:45 AM
    You better try to understand what the article really means for BB10s future.
    10-28-15 08:49 AM
    I responded to your post in another thread. The posting doesn't mean what you think it does.
    It said that they were going to continue to support it but they said nothing about continuing to develop it.
    Since I don't know what thread you replied to him in, do you mind explaining what you think it means?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:31 PM
    It said that they were going to continue to support it but they said nothing about continuing to develop it.
    Since I don't know what thread you replied to him in, do you mind explaining what you think it means?

Posted via CB10
    WYSIWYG

What you have with BlackBerry 10 is what you will have two years from now with a couple of security/privacy updates for enterprises (so they don't abandon BlackBerry completely too). All developer tools and frameworks, APIs and SDKs are static from this point on. Same with Android runtime. If you want anything more than JellyBean, it won't run. Since there are no new APIs and SDKs, then BlackBerry 10 will get no new features. APIs and SDKs are how apps access features.

So you will be able to still use BlackBerry 10, but don't ask for anything new because you aren't going to get it. If there is a new web feature or phone feature, you won't be getting it on BlackBerry 10 phones.
    Velocitymj and wojt7 like this.
    10-28-15 01:24 PM
    I suppose it means "R.I.P." is a little premature.

Boy you guys can't even accept a positive note without flushing it down the toilet first eh?

It's truly amazing how negative people are here and elsewhere on other sites like Google+, they have more good things to say. I've been avoiding this place lately cause your all so damn depressing.

Out! Rather be on google+.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-28-15 at 02:53 PM.
    10-28-15 02:42 PM
    Reader Response Theory.

What a reader believes, feels, wants and expects is at least as important as what an author writes in the formulation of meaning from a written communication.

In this case if you believe that an OS must be continuously updated to be considered "alive" then clearly BB10 is dead.

If you only believe that a platform must be useful to you to be "alive" then maybe BB10 is clearly not dead.

Until one side is able to convert the beliefs of the other this thread will continue to fill up with these ping pong posts. Which are occasionally entertaining but not generally very enlightening.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-28-15 02:55 PM
    I agree with Richard.

BB07 and my 9900 works for me on my business line. BB10 and my Q5 works for me on my personal line. That's the BOTTOM line.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-28-15 04:07 PM
    I suppose it means "R.I.P." is a little premature.

Boy you guys can't even accept a positive note without flushing it down the toilet first eh?

It's truly amazing how negative people are here and elsewhere on other sites like Google+, they have more good things to say. I've been avoiding this place lately cause your all so damn depressing.

Out! Rather be on google+.

Posted via CB10
    I would rather have an honest assessment that might not be what I want to hear, than one that's just wishful thinking.
    I have an investment in Q10's for my business and there issues with some of the native apps of the OS that haven't been resolved since I bought the phones 2 years ago.
    The only reason why I joined Crackberry, is because I could get information here that I couldn't get from BlackBerry's forums.
    BlackBerry wasn't forth coming with the future of their Playbook and a lot of people bought them only to find out the next year that it would be discontinued and they were stuck with a tablet that wouldn't be updated as promised.
    I was considering buying a Passport for myself, if they fixed the bugs, but that's apparently not going to happen now.
    Taking a year to release an update that isn't a full one (10.3.3 instead of 10.4) isn't encouraging and only substantiates what others are saying.
    10-28-15 05:02 PM
    Blackberry must be smart to renew BB10 brand

- get Android runtime 6, new fresh icons and call it Blackberry OS 11 and launch it.

People like to see innovation and a higher number is always a good show off and show off some off that innovation. Just like Apple know people tell me that since ios 7 there changed a lot now with ios 9 and BlackBerry still using a 3 years old OS.

BlackBerry must be more creative with bull****

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:34 PM
    I would rather have an honest assessment that might not be what I want to hear, than one that's just wishful thinking.
    I have an investment in Q10's for my business and there issues with some of the native apps of the OS that haven't been resolved since I bought the phones 2 years ago.
    The only reason why I joined Crackberry, is because I could get information here that I couldn't get from BlackBerry's forums.
    BlackBerry wasn't forth coming with the future of their Playbook and a lot of people bought them only to find out the next year that it would be discontinued and they were stuck with a tablet that wouldn't be updated as promised.
    I was considering buying a Passport for myself, if they fixed the bugs, but that's apparently not going to happen now.
    Taking a year to release an update that isn't a full one (10.3.3 instead of 10.4) isn't encouraging and only substantiates what others are saying.
    Understood but that was under different CEO and now we are under a proven veteran who knows tech. Many companies have left a part of their creations behind. Just look at WP7, WP8 and now we have WP10 lol.
    No one can say it's written in stone yet.

I had to prepare for a test once and it was understood everyone must fail once even veteran people with experience. I became very irritated by people telling me not to get my hopes up and let off on someone Because I don't like being told I can't. I studied and practiced my strategy for success and I shocked everyone with a first timer straight out of school. Nothing is set in stone!

Apple was a computer company only and once they made the iPod and realized they can't be only A computer company And needed to be a devices company they took computer out of Apple Computer and now it's just Apple. They were near bankruptcy and look at them now.
    Nothing is written in stone and no one can tell what will happen so I will enjoy my HOPE Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-28-15 at 10:10 PM.
    Velocitymj and J_Hooks like this.
    10-28-15 09:13 PM
    The blog post was pretty honest if you ask me. And a lot of what Bluenoser said about it is honest as well. But a lot was based on what he has already decided is going to be the outcome.

If you don't see anything in that blog post that leaves you confident enough to continue with BB10 or BlackBerry, and believe you can get better service from another company you should transition to another phone when the situation suits you.

But don't be surprised if there are people are do see enough for them to decide to stay with BlackBerry until they have a reason to change. And don't make the mistake of assuming they are delusional, or ignoring the obvious. Different people are going to have different priorities.

I have BB10 and iOS devices. I have plenty of opportunities to work with Android. For me BB10 is still the clear leader for what I need. But if that changes I will not hesitate to go to whatever is the clear leader at the time. BB10 is still a productive development environment for me. Again if that changes I won't hesitate to move on. How that calculus works for everyone else will depend on their needs.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Superdupont 2_0 and Joshu42 like this.
    10-28-15 09:38 PM
    Apple's legacy is that Jobs realized they had to stop being a "Computer" company and start being a computerized "Appliance" company. Brilliant move. Saved them and elevated them solidly into the Fortune 500.

Berry's legacy will not be as kind unless they strive for a similar paradigm shift. BB10 is absolutely brilliant. But it's too little too late. Painting a BlackBerry logo on an Android canvas is not going to make much of a dent, unless they have a dynamic sales force selling secured Android to large Enterprise users at Corporations and Government. If that happens, it will be dramatic.

There is an old adage in marketing; "Nothing happens until somebody sells something". Somebody at BBerry better giddy-up and sell Priv to large Enterprise Corporations and Government or the ship will continue to flounder. You can't just float that product in the Droid market and expect it to escalate. Your average Droid user wants inexpensive yet powerful phones. Security is the last thing on the general user's mind.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 10-28-15 at 09:54 PM.
    10-28-15 09:39 PM
    Interesting thoughts guys, nice to read
    10-29-15 01:41 AM
    BB10 is in maintenance mode.

Search Wikipedia.
    10-31-15 01:53 PM
    BB10 is in maintenance mode.

Search Wikipedia.
    Life support....

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:11 PM
    11-02-15 12:15 PM
    Failure to react to the marketplace has sunk many once huge corporations in history. The Railroad companies are a good example. They became entrenched in "The Lore of Railroading" and failed to make the jump to "General Transportation" in time. At one time they were the Leviathans of America, controlling the most cash, land and power. But they let it slip away because they didn't change with the times. Had they made the jump to Over the Road Trucking and Airline, they would still be the largest corporations in the US. But the Lore of Railroading trapped them. They decided to remain just railroad companies and it damn near sunk them. They survived but are a shadow of what they once were.

I personally think it's too late for BlackBerry to turn things around in the smartphone market. They were what they were once. That time has passed and they were entrenched in their platform too long while Apple and Google chipped away until Berry itself was only a chip. Too bad, so sad, but it happened. I have serious doubts that an $800.00 Droid will save them.

Personally, I don't care. I stayed with BB07 and am still on that old Legacy Platform on my business line. I'm OK with it. I have a feeling I'll be OK with BB10 for many years, as it's now the newest Legacy Blackberry. No worries for me. It still works for my purposes. The good news is accessories and even the phones themselves are starting to show up at bargain prices. That's good for those of us still loyal to the old platforms.
    11-06-15 10:17 AM
    As much as I hate to admit it, I think BlackBerry is likely to keep bb10 barely alive to see if the Android game will gain traction. If it does, it makes perfect biz sense to ditch BB10 as BlackBerry in its current state cannot afford to support two OS ecosystems at the same time.

The more interesting question is what if even the Android phone ends up a failure too? Plan B? Will BlackBerry have resources to go back burning all cylinders to resuscitate it and what makes them sure they will succeed where they have failed in the last two years building market uptick for BB10?

I am seriously considering to pick up a PP as possible last BB10 device. My Z10 is showing its age especially running Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Just do it!

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    11-07-15 10:18 PM
353 ... 12131415