That said it all.

And contrary to what many BlackBerry fans believe, no amount of marketing could have overcome that momentum. Microsoft, for example, has dumped truck loads of cash onto its own Windows Phone venture with very little to show for it. They have the same problem BB10 has. It's all about the apps.
    Actually, most of the cash dump was the acquisition of Nokia, but with Windows 10, the big picture is finally coming together. WIth more and more users moving to Windows 10, there will be jump in apps created, especially now that native Facebook apps are coming and will more than likely serve as a litmus test. If the Facebook apps (UWP apps BTW) are successful, there will be more developers to build for the platform. On top of that, Windows is trying to create a type of synergy between their products. Look at the growth of the Surface in the Enterprise and how things can be flawlessly synced between devices.

Another thing to look at is Windows is not playing the market share game because this is only a very small piece of the pie at Microsoft and not what they rely on for revenue. I understand that W10M is not for everyone, but they are getting my $649 on day one..lol
    10-07-15 09:12 PM
    Well in the end it'll be iOS and Android only. Can't help it nor stop it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I really really really hope you're wrong.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    10-07-15 09:19 PM
    So your assumption is that without updates to FB and Twitter apps, Blackberry's demise is imminent?

Jezuz, some of you are "out there".

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    BlackBerry's demise is not imminent. But BB10 is probably going to be phased out over the next 2-3 years.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 10:39 PM
    BlackBerry's demise is not imminent. But BB10 is probably going to be phased out over the next 2-3 years.

2-3 years is being kind. Once the android is out I expect the one update and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:07 AM
    2-3 years is being kind. Once the android is out I expect the one update and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    Most BB10 phones will get one more update 10.3.3 and Passports/Classic will get 2, 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 and then that is it for updates. Put a fork in it.
    10-08-15 08:19 AM
    Most BB10 phones will get one more update 10.3.3 and Passports/Classic will get 2, 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 and then that is it for updates. Put a fork in it.
    *curtain closes*
    10-08-15 09:29 AM
    At least Chen was kind enough to state that the priv is about as good as the S6 and if you want security, go get a blackphone, as that is better than his own product. Way to put nails in your own coffin chen.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-08-15 04:21 PM
    At least Chen was kind enough to state that the priv is about as good as the S6 and if you want security, go get a blackphone, as that is better than his own product. Way to put nails in your own coffin chen.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    I prefer Chen's candor. It's better than making promises you can't keep. *cough BB10 on PlayBook? cough*

10-08-15 05:37 PM
    http://crackberry.com/highlights-joh...iew-codemobile
    Business wise it's a smart move not to reveal your final plans, if you think it could have adverse effects on your customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:37 PM
    People... BB10 is not dead. Jeeez. Bozo's are everywhere! POTUS will not be using a Google or apple phone to run the country. Sheeesh.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    10-09-15 08:42 PM
    People... BB10 is not dead. Jeeez. Bozo's are everywhere! POTUS will not be using a Google or apple phone to run the country. Sheeesh.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    POTUS does not use BB10 either.
    QED drunk!
    Tre Lawrence and JeepBB like this.
    10-09-15 11:04 PM
    POTUS does not use BB10 either.
    Or any BB device, but hey...
    10-09-15 11:46 PM
    Doesn't really matter cause I've had the iPhone and the Android and I prefer BB10, so if you prophets have the correct future foretold by divine revelation from our BlackBerry God John Chen, I don't care. I will be using the most productive OS I've found to date and will be for as long as they offer any update, even if it is one year off every year.

All this talk of "BB10 is dead", used to bother me but there is so many trying to predict the future it's pointless. I like the wait and see approach cause that is the only way. If you are happy with the way it is now or somewhat satisfied then there's no real big reason to change unless you think the Priv is for you.

I personally think they hit a vein with this Passport and once the Priv takes off and becomes a success drawing more popularity and attention so will the other devices that have keyboard (Passport) . I think there could be a revolutionary hard keyboard throwback that just may last.

Posted via CB10
    anon9347040 and ppeters914 like this.
    10-10-15 05:30 AM
    The only thing I ever cared about BlackBerry is BB10.
    10-10-15 07:53 AM
    knew this was coming the moment they went cross platform with BES12
    10-14-15 01:58 PM
    I'm sorry, but....
    http://m.youtube.com/results?q=rem it's the end of the world as we know it&sm=1

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:43 PM
    Bb10 is the best os that I've used so far..handles my stuff perfectly than all other os`s in the market..bt I can't believe that it's gng to b extinct..! ..i believe Chen is making a huge mistake..there are many hard core BlackBerry users still now..and many govt officials favouring BlackBerry and it's security..chens decision was too early.!

Classic
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    10-14-15 11:05 PM
    I know I'm dreaming but I wish Amazon would buy the BB 10 OS from BlackBerry. BlackBerry wants out of it so bad in order to get into bed with Android. BlackBerry OS 10 already is married with the Amazon App Store and now regular store app too (which you can't delete) so why not sell it out completely to them? Amazon's Fire OS is a loser on it's own products and should be canned. But with BB 10 on it (Amazon 10 now) we could have some hope. Amazon has lots of money and lots of reach with it's vendors. Amazon could support the purchase of BB OS 10 by using their own ads and such from Amazon's own store. Even go so far as offer a rewards program like Airmiles or some kind of kick back towards new hardware based on the amount of products you purchase.

It just seems to me that Amazon could be the company that saves our beloved OS and if properly monetized, it could be even more awesome. Amazon has the stores...it just needs a decent OS and decent hardware. BlackBerry should sell it to them before just binning it completely.
    10-15-15 12:18 AM
    OS BlackBerry except security going no where. Their theme like IOS...
    Why they not develop themes like BlackBerry OS 7 we can change icon, put weather etc. In BlackBerry 10 themes only wallpaper.
    It is difficult to create theme like OS 7??
    How they can compete with android???

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:24 AM
    I know I'm dreaming but I wish Amazon would buy the BB 10 OS from BlackBerry. BlackBerry wants out of it so bad in order to get into bed with Android. BlackBerry OS 10 already is married with the Amazon App Store and now regular store app too (which you can't delete) so why not sell it out completely to them? Amazon's Fire OS is a loser on it's own products and should be canned. But with BB 10 on it (Amazon 10 now) we could have some hope. Amazon has lots of money and lots of reach with it's vendors. Amazon could support the purchase of BB OS 10 by using their own ads and such from Amazon's own store. Even go so far as offer a rewards program like Airmiles or some kind of kick back towards new hardware based on the amount of products you purchase.

It just seems to me that Amazon could be the company that saves our beloved OS and if properly monetized, it could be even more awesome. Amazon has the stores...it just needs a decent OS and decent hardware. BlackBerry should sell it to them before just binning it completely.
    Yeah but Amazon would likely massacre the OS to fit their need. Also I don't think I would want to be bothered with ads all the time or I may as well go android.
    Another spin would be for Amazon to offer a way to void the ads, hence the guy who had the idea of subscription based OS which could work in this scenario. Offer it free but with ads or limited and then offer a subscription with a fee for the add free suite.

BlackBerry should just do this on their own but I guess they are on their own one track path.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:29 AM
    Chen stated that there are two updates to come but it's what he didn't say and what he's not being asked that's interesting (to me).
    He never said that OS10 is staying and no one has asked him whether OS10 would continue to stay as an OS and be developed further.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 08:14 PM
    BlackBerry is swimming in murky waters. Will it reach the land of success, or get pulled down by Android to the depths of failure...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 11:14 PM
    Yeah but Amazon would likely massacre the OS to fit their need. Also I don't think I would want to be bothered with ads all the time or I may as well go android.
    Another spin would be for Amazon to offer a way to void the ads, hence the guy who had the idea of subscription based OS which could work in this scenario. Offer it free but with ads or limited and then offer a subscription with a fee for the add free suite.

BlackBerry should just do this on their own but I guess they are on their own one track path.

Posted via CB10
    Well, blackberry 10 is clearly a prosumer niche OS for expensive phones. The reason firephone failed was because it was an expensive, carrier exclusive and that's not what people want from amazon. I don't think they would be interested in buying bb10, they just shut down the hardware division because of the firephone which is essentially in the same category as BB10, it just has a different group for its niche.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-16-15 01:25 AM

How would Amazon benefit from acquiring BB10?
    10-17-15 12:42 AM
    For those of you who haven't seen this thread, it's insightful, as it has posts by devs relating to this topic:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1043427

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 03:44 PM
353 ... 1112131415