Originally Posted by Lostboy5151 http://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png
    WOW. THIS IS UNUSUAL!
    People who use Blackberry Mobile devices complaining????
    I'd complain about the complainers but the complainers would only complain about me complaining!!

You never heard of Peter Pan and the Lostboys???

Anyway...
    Was that a complaint? Is that all you've got is "I'm Lost?"
    That's pathetic! You need to work on your insults.

I'm almost insulted that your attempt at insulting me was so weak!

But, to be fair... give it another try! I don't think you've got what it takes, but I'm willing to give you another chance !!

"I'm Lost"

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif
    calm down jumpy.
    10-03-15 09:35 AM
    On the other hand people have been telling me BlackBerry is dead since before BB10 came out, the same people told me Nortel was too big and important to Canada to fail. Listening to these people I'm running out of grains of salt.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    It's not like BlackBerry has been revived and brought back from the dead.
    It's more like slipping in and out of consciousness and not being aware of their surroundings when they do open their eyes.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:58 PM
    Lol!
    I think they are swimming above water and heading for shore lol. I like this analogy better

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 02:59 PM
    Well, it was clear the previous BlackBerry Management sat on their laurels in the early 2000's and failed to innovate.

To catch up, in a hurry up attempt, BlackBerry 10 was hatched. Quite an achievement really, given the time line.

The PlayBook in both of its flavours was actually quite well constructed, but under powered. The s/w experience of the PB pointed for a greater need for OS refinement, thus we saw the Z series produced accompanied with a quite solid BlackBerry 10 OS, with features not seen before in another system.

The major problem, though, at the same many other companies came on stream. Further, both Apple and Android based machines targeted a diverse audience, while BlackBerry tended to retain their interest in commercial and business applications.

The BlackBerry 10 OS is for the most part incredibly stable, intuitive with feature rich applications. BlackBerry can still compete as evidenced by the Passport. The PRIV might work, if stability and security is enhanced. I fear though the competition will be fierce.

The next chapter though will center around how successful microsoft might be with their mobile hand sets and business security foundation.

BlackBerry is still king in the security needs of government and business. Such is a very large niche market. For BlackBerry to attempt to compete with Android or Apple play toys, I think is foolish. Just do not see success in the general market.

Spoke to an appliance repair person the other day who converted to the BlackBerry Passport from both IPhone and Samsung devices. His comment was simply, BlackBerry, got it right, in the business world. The others are flashy, but take to many steps to accomplish things.

For me, BlackBerry 10 OS is clearly focused and has all the Apps that one really needs.

BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    10-03-15 03:21 PM
    IMHO - I believe even if Priv is successful, that Chen will dump the handset business anyway so he can focus resources on MDM - and the end goal for that is to sell the company once he has established at least baseline revenue and presence in the MDM space.

For this reason - in spite of being a loyal BlackBerry user for many years, and even though the Priv is quite appealing - I will be moving to another hardware platform. I am not excited to spend $800 on a Priv, and then have it turn out to be non- supported hardware and/or poor OS support because BlackBerry has bailed out of the device business.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    10-03-15 09:23 PM
    IMHO - I believe even if Priv is successful, that Chen will dump the handset business anyway so he can focus resources on MDM - and the end goal for that is to sell the company once he has established at least baseline revenue and presence in the MDM space.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    That just does not make any sense at all. Then why even make an attempt at the Priv? That is a pessimistic speculative theory and it's based on nothing solid. They aren't going to drop the handset business if they can crack it. Why do you think everyone wants in to the mobile market? Handsets are mobile and tie in to other mobile devices as a portal to data access. There is money to me made and there is security to be had that will compliment the MDM space.

And let's be honest, cell phone contracts are like two years anyway so who cares if they didn't make it at least we could enjoy an excellent device in the mean time. But I don't think it will happen, I think BlackBerry is on the right track and has been moving forward since Chen's day 1

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:32 PM
    Well, it was clear the previous BlackBerry Management sat on their laurels in the early 2000's and failed to innovate.

To catch up, in a hurry up attempt, BlackBerry 10 was hatched. Quite an achievement really, given the time line.

The PlayBook in both of its flavours was actually quite well constructed, but under powered. The s/w experience of the PB pointed for a greater need for OS refinement, thus we saw the Z series produced accompanied with a quite solid BlackBerry 10 OS, with features not seen before in another system.

The major problem, though, at the same many other companies came on stream. Further, both Apple and Android based machines targeted a diverse audience, while BlackBerry tended to retain their interest in commercial and business applications.

The BlackBerry 10 OS is for the most part incredibly stable, intuitive with feature rich applications. BlackBerry can still compete as evidenced by the Passport. The PRIV might work, if stability and security is enhanced. I fear though the competition will be fierce.

The next chapter though will center around how successful microsoft might be with their mobile hand sets and business security foundation.

BlackBerry is still king in the security needs of government and business. Such is a very large niche market. For BlackBerry to attempt to compete with Android or Apple play toys, I think is foolish. Just do not see success in the general market.

Spoke to an appliance repair person the other day who converted to the BlackBerry Passport from both IPhone and Samsung devices. His comment was simply, BlackBerry, got it right, in the business world. The others are flashy, but take to many steps to accomplish things.

For me, BlackBerry 10 OS is clearly focused and has all the Apps that one really needs.

BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    Written like a true fanboy.
    It was so solid upon its introduction, that returns outpaced sales and so feature rich that a majority of Legacy owners refused to switch, because it lacks the deep capabilities of OS7 (and still does to this day).
    Former BlackBerry owners were so impressed they didn't return, tech reviewers panned it or responded with a "meh" and BlackBerry never recovered to their former sales.
    Not to mention the numerous threads here complaining about everything from the unreliable BlackBerry Link, to the Calendar to the persistent double typing issue.
    Nice job on the sales pitch though.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-03-15 at 11:28 PM.
    JeepBB and sum123 like this.
    10-03-15 11:16 PM
    Vaya con Dios...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:47 PM
    Lol at this stupid thread.

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    10-04-15 12:39 AM
    10-05-15 12:25 AM
    10-05-15 03:52 PM
    Can anyone say PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:18 PM
    Written like a true fanboy.
    It was so solid upon its introduction, that returns outpaced sales and so feature rich that a majority of Legacy owners refused to switch, because it lacks the deep capabilities of OS7 (and still does to this day).
    Former BlackBerry owners were so impressed they didn't return, tech reviewers panned it or responded with a "meh" and BlackBerry never recovered to their former sales.
    Not to mention the numerous threads here complaining about everything from the unreliable BlackBerry Link, to the Calendar to the persistent double typing issue.
    Nice job on the sales pitch though.
    Posted via CB10
    Meow!

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    10-05-15 04:31 PM
    Only time will tell on this one, I do agree with some on here that it looks like it's going the way of the playbook. What pisses me off a little is that the SE passport has only just been released and it looks like bb10 has already been shoved into maintenance mode. Next worry may be what phone to get. Really got used to how the OS worked. Tried other and to be honest they just seem clunky and without any real easy to use UI.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-05-15 05:52 PM
    Then run along and find somewhere else to comment.
    10-06-15 10:43 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:48 PM
    Yup, as a BBOS 10 enthusiast it's annoying to contemplate the end, but I do hope this is all a bunch of armchair quarterbacking. If it is the sunset, I will check out the Lumia 950XL. Not really interested in IOS or Android, but will decide on all that when reasonably informed or truly educated on the future of BBOS 10. Until then, the hype in all these forums (not just this one) is pure speculation by those outside the inner BlackBerry loop. Time will tell...

Posted via Classic SQC100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-06-15 11:04 PM
    Don't know why everyone keep going on like the sky is falling when the view hasn't changed. You still have the OS with a guarantee and an update coming. The OS still works great and all we have to do is wait and see while using our devices like we always have. If I could I would put money down on the Priv being released with BB10 on it one day soon.
    Gawd everyone is so doom and gloom!

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    10-07-15 05:11 AM
    Don't know why everyone keep going on like the sky is falling when the view hasn't changed. You still have the OS with a guarantee and an update coming. The OS still works great and all we have to do is wait and see while using our devices like we always have. If I could I would put money down on the Priv being released with BB10 on it one day soon.
    Gawd everyone is so doom and gloom!

Posted via CB10
    When I see badly needed updates to the native Facebook and Twitter apps, I'll feel a little better about things.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 07:26 AM
    When I see badly needed updates to the native Facebook and Twitter apps, I'll feel a little better about things.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk
    So your assumption is that without updates to FB and Twitter apps, Blackberry's demise is imminent?

Jezuz, some of you are "out there".

10-07-15 09:37 AM
    So your assumption is that without updates to FB and Twitter apps, Blackberry's demise is imminent?

Jezuz, some of you are "out there".

I see you're with T-Mobile and your Q10 is operating OS 10.3.2..
    That's not a T-Mobile update for any other phone than the Classic and can only be downloaded via other means. And BB won't provide tech assistance for it if you don't get the update from your carrier.
    Right now, the current update for the Q10 on T-Mobile is 10.2.1.
    You're an example of the fact that a lot of users can't even get the current BB updates unless they use Sachesi or something else.
    It's been that bad for BB users for several years now, having to jump through hoops as it were, to get an OS10 update or an app, where as users of other platforms don't have that problem.
    People are here venting, because they've invested their money and time into something they believed in or hoped would be improved, just as they did with the Playbook.
    When BB says that they will continue to update OS10, I'll believe that it's not going the way of the Playbook.
    10-07-15 10:42 AM
    Actually it doesn't.

Where is it written that a company can't dabble in opportunities? Samsung, HTC... They all had Windows Phone and Android devices at some point (some STILL do).

The Android Phone is a way to KEEP THE HARDWARE BUSINESS ALIVE. Now friends, no HARDWARE BUSINESS DOES MEAN no BB10 device at all. So please, go easy on the RIP (it's a dead horse we are all not sympatheric with) and the Slider. It may be the life line BB10 needs to stay around.

But none of your previous logic holds, sorry.
    The mistake BlackBerry has made is releasing an Android version of Priv first. It lowers the confidence share holders and customers have in the company when they choose to support another OS over their own. I agree that providing an android version widens their market for the hardware, but not having an OS 10 version released first or along side is nothing less than BlackBerry tying the rope around the companies neck themselves. The Priv on Android will be no popular than the Passport, maybe less. Plus they have alienated BlackBerry users who want nothing to do with a full Android OS regardless of who is behind it. I predict no more than 3mil units will sell in the released quarter. No more than 7mil units over a year. Most buyers will be corporate users who have been fed the android candy.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:57 PM
    Blackberry is on pace to sell 3 million or fewer BB10 phones per year. If they move that many Privs in a quarter then they are doing pretty darn good.

A BB10 Priv would have been yet another commercial flop. It's an answer looking for a question. It would have been impossible to move the Android units because it would have looked identical and the BB10 version would be sales poison. People are dreaming if they think there will ever be a BB10 Priv even if the android is successful. Blackberry can't afford to confuse potential customers.
    10-07-15 04:21 PM
    That said it all.

And contrary to what many BlackBerry fans believe, no amount of marketing could have overcome that momentum. Microsoft, for example, has dumped truck loads of cash onto its own Windows Phone venture with very little to show for it. They have the same problem BB10 has. It's all about the apps.
    10-07-15 08:28 PM
    I'd be concerned that the BB10 UI would not have sufficient broad appeal, and would be a waste of resources at this point in time.

83% of the world is comfortable with the current Android UI, and I think it would be best to make this as easy a transition as possible.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Guess I'm in the 17-percent as every time I use my wife's Android (LG3), especially the back and home buttons, I want to smash it. Hoping Windows 10 Phone becomes a viable option if/when I have to leave BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    10-07-15 08:33 PM
353 ... 1011121314 ...