BB OS10 is dead..totally dead..move on lah
    My friend, what OS are you using?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 04:47 AM
    BB OS10 is dead..totally dead..move on lah
    My friend, what OS are you using?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 04:56 AM
    I can't imagine that banks and other corporations will just switch to an Android BlackBerry overnight. For goodness sakes, many places are still using BB7!

Unless BlackBerry can really, really secure Android, the risks of using an Android device are just too great. The OS in inherently un-secure and would probably be just good as a consumer device.

BB7 is still around and still supported. BB10 should be around for quite some time.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-29-15 08:54 AM
    adios, Blackberry.....
    09-29-15 10:28 AM
    That's known as a maintenance release.

The PlayBook got one final update too.
    09-29-15 10:53 AM
    I can't imagine that banks and other corporations will just switch to an Android BlackBerry overnight. For goodness sakes, many places are still using BB7!
    In that case, BB10's security was meaningless for them, right?

Unless BlackBerry can really, really secure Android, the risks of using an Android device are just too great. The OS in inherently un-secure and would probably be just good as a consumer device.
    Then maybe those businesses will go back to dumb phones, or iPhones on BES, or pencils and paper.

BB7 is still around and still supported. BB10 should be around for quite some time.
    BB7 is still around, but is no longer supported (at the OS level), though it is still supported by BES12. BB10 will be supported for another year, but it won't be further developed. And, yes, there is a very big difference between development and support.
    09-29-15 01:58 PM
    No, it isn't. Not even BlackBerry (that has a CEO married to an Android user and has seen Android deployed on Enterprise) believes that.
    09-29-15 02:16 PM
    That's known as a maintenance release.

The PlayBook got one final update too.
    Exactly what I was thinking today, if they pull another move like that, it shows beyond any doubt that the blackberry core means nothing to them in my opinion.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-29-15 03:18 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking today, if they pull another move like that, it shows beyond any doubt that the blackberry core means nothing to them in my opinion.

Or it means that, sadly, they would go out of business servicing such a small group of people?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-29-15 03:26 PM
    I still use a 9900 for business. IMO, it's the best business device ever, if like me your world revolves around email, text, phone calls and getting things done.

I just ordered a Q5 from Amazon (unlocked) to use as my private line phone. I've been using an Android, but also have an iPhone 4s and a Windows Phone. These are all GSM's so a simple switch of the SIM card and any one of them are in business.

I typically am behind when it comes to the "current" Berry because every one has worked so well, I am slow to upgrade. I just went from a 9780 to a 9900 last year. And finally I am getting a Q5 to use BB10. So, rumors, trends, and other issues with the brand are not that important to me. What they have WORKS for me. I'm sure BB10 will work, just as BB07 works. As long as they are supported, I'll use them.
    anischab and elfabio80 like this.
    09-29-15 04:24 PM
    Money?
    Developers no more program for BB10... since it runs Android, you can download the. apk
    Now not all Apps work well on the BB10 devices, so there must be a solution... the Priv.

Do you know what Apps we're talking about? Most are silly games!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    Not all apps work because blackberry devices have been singled out to be blocked. Instagram, vine, etc. Something in there has to be illegal, it just screams wrong.

09-29-15 05:14 PM
    Blackberry isn't strained in Funds--they have very large cash reserves--around $3 Billion dollars. They losses which threatened that, if they wanted to make an investment, they had the funds on hand, without the need to go into debt to do it.

In terms of physical keyboard, I think there are some folks out there that definitely prefer it, and some that have it as a very high priority--and those people are probably already using BlackBerry (the only Viable physical keyboard choice).

I think the largest section of potential customers are as you note--those who recall liking the physical keyboard, but I'm wondering how many of those will realize that they've adapted to the virtual keyboard, and say "Meh" with the physical once they've tried it again. The point is, we're talking about percentages in any of these categories that will be attracted to the Priv due to the physical keyboard.

KAM
    First just because BlackBerry has 3 Billion in the bank does not mean they have 3 Billion to dedicate to advertising and or app support for developers. JC himself said they did not have the funds to use at least at this time to cure the App-Gap. They have many sectors that require cash and they can't very well operate on lower cash reserve, not to mention how the Stock Market would look at them if they were fighting an up hill battle with little chance of winning. They are always looking to buy other companies that could add patents and technology to their security enterprise. BlackBerry needs to make the most conservative moves when it comes to spending. Every dollar counts and has to equal more than its sum at the end.

I also don't think that the majority or even half of the people that want a hard keyboard are already using one. There are lots of people that have moved to other platforms for the simple reason BlackBerry ignored the future and what people wanted. They didn't keep with the times and lost big due to ignorance and stubbornness. I think there are many that either would come back for the old experience with a new look and don't forget the corporate users that have both a BlackBerry and android or iPhone for work and play. This group is a big winner when the Price comes out. They are definitely sold on the hard keys and probably not so much on the VKB. Either way the price solves that with it running android and a hard keyboard.

I think it will be a hit only if BlackBerry can just spare some damn change to advertise!!! Ugh!!!

Again here's to hope lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-29-15 at 06:17 PM.
    09-29-15 05:25 PM
    They can waste $500M on software companies but can't bother to let the world know their key product exists?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 02:44 AM
    Not all apps work because blackberry devices have been singled out to be blocked. Instagram, vine, etc. Something in there has to be illegal, it just screams wrong.

Is it wrong? Maybe. Illegal? definitely not.

All app store have the ability to block certain apps from being available for certain devices and that decision is 100% up to the developers. Maybe they don't want to test their apps on BB devices, maybe they had some issues with the app on BB10 devices or whatever reason. It is a developer's RIGHT to choose which devices he chooses to support.

If for example, tomorrow Amazon launches a device is a triangle-shaped screen, why would the developer be forced to support it?
    09-30-15 04:44 AM
    Is it wrong? Maybe. Illegal? definitely not.

All app store have the ability to block certain apps from being available for certain devices and that decision is 100% up to the developers. Maybe they don't want to test their apps on BB devices, maybe they had some issues with the app on BB10 devices or whatever reason. It is a developer's RIGHT to choose which devices he chooses to support.

If for example, tomorrow Amazon launches a device is a triangle-shaped screen, why would the developer be forced to support it?
    Well it should be illegal if it's not. That's like MS not allowing Google Chrome to install on their computers but ship them with IE. I thing there was a big court settlement on that don't you? Oh wait that was about being able to make Google Chrome the default browser over the stock IE.
    Unfortunately that took many hundreds of millions of Dollars to fight and I don't thing BlackBerry board would waste their hard earned cash that is only trickling in on such a questionable battle.

The triangle shaped screen is a bit of a stretch ya think? A lot of apps can work on many devices of different size, perhaps not perfectly but we'll enough. There is no rime or reason to not allow it to work other than they may not be able to gather info on a BlackBerry, not sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:32 AM
    Well it should be illegal if it's not. That's like MS not allowing Google Chrome to install on their computers but ship them with IE. I thing there was a big court settlement on that don't you? Oh wait that was about being able to make Google Chrome the default browser over the stock IE.

The triangle shaped screen is a bit of a stretch ya think? A lot of apps can work on many devices of different size, perhaps not perfectly but we'll enough. There is no rime or reason to not allow it to work other than they may not be able to gather info on a BlackBerry, not sure.

Posted via CB10
    Your comparrison with MS not allowing chrome to be installed is bad. You don't download Chrome from the MS app store. Now we take Instagram for example. You could download version X of the instagram APK from an APK site and install it on your BB device, with no problems.

Windows PCs have no centralized app store, but if they really wanted developers can code int any app to only support certain hardware devices, again for whatever reason that may be.
    09-30-15 05:40 AM
    They can waste $500M on software companies but can't bother to let the world know their key product exists?

Posted via CB10
    I would guess that at this point, without brand recognition it would be futile to fix something at that price that no one cares about. Like I've said before, it may happen one day post Priv success and perhaps post other device successes but to waste that money to just make us current BlackBerry users happy now is a ridiculous notion. We need the Priv to to not only sell but sell the BlackBerry name and gain more brand recognition to justify dumping money. This is probably what JC meant when he said funds and another obstacles were a problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:43 AM
    Or it means that, sadly, they would go out of business servicing such a small group of people?

Very true, because up until this point their marketing, devices and OS has been so widely available that that's what they've been doing?

Worst reply ever mate.

So, If a company is seen by a few thousand people to openly screw over their customers ( playbook), in order to gain other business, (BB10>android) it shows one thing and one thing alone. They don't care, it's bad enough that BlackBerry 10 is on 10.3.3 and most people still think the company went bankrupt a couple of years back. That is a shameful state of affairs.

PP SE was just released and it looks as though the OS is already going into maintenance. Not really what you want to hear when you just dropped almost �500 on a brand new product.

I'm not on my own in thinking this, so to say they are "servicing a small group of people" is a slap in the face to anyone that bought a device since the Z10.

I give it till March. If nothing changes, I think my passport will be the last BlackBerry device I own, it really saddens me that such beautiful phones (Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport) and the OS will undoubtedly die out and we'll be left with subpar apples and android phones as the only real choices left.

09-30-15 12:21 PM
    Very true, because up until this point their marketing, devices and OS has been so widely available that that's what they've been doing?

Worst reply ever mate.

So, If a company is seen by a few thousand people to openly screw over their customers ( playbook), in order to gain other business, (BB10>android) it shows one thing and one thing alone. They don't care, it's bad enough that BlackBerry 10 is on 10.3.3 and most people still think the company went bankrupt a couple of years back. That is a shameful state of affairs.

PP SE was just released and it looks as though the OS is already going into maintenance. Not really what you want to hear when you just dropped almost �500 on a brand new product.

I'm not on my own in thinking this, so to say they are "servicing a small group of people" is a slap in the face to anyone that bought a device since the Z10.

I give it till March. If nothing changes, I think my passport will be the last BlackBerry device I own, it really saddens me that such beautiful phones (Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport) and the OS will undoubtedly die out and we'll be left with subpar apples and android phones as the only real choices left.

Someone had to buy the last buggy whip too. I hardly think they were "betrayed". A company sells a product until they don't.

There is far too much drama here. No one is being cut off - everything will still work.

I have no regrets about buying my Passport SE. It's about what it can do now. BlackBerry is in this to survive right now - I wouldn't want them fussing over me.

brookie229 likes this.
    09-30-15 12:45 PM
    I to have no regrets about my Passport SE, great phone and I have all the apps I want and they work well including my Android ones.

But I think BlackBerry needs to continue to maintain and develop BB10 - just slow it down a bit. Think of it as a skunk works group. Sell BB10 phones like Nexus phones, just cover the costs and keep high end ultra secure phones.

Maybe this is crazy... :^)

 Passport SE 
    09-30-15 02:06 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...