Well, it's proven that open source development model can save a fortune for companies as BlackBerry. They actually built half of BB10 on open source. And I like the idea of using Android as a base for theirs platform. In the end, I'm paid to work on Linux ;-). I just don't like that they went with stock Android UX. They could port the whole UI on top of Android, it would not be that difficult. And have a real BlackBerry experience. Unfortunately they went the easier way (and got trapped by Google).

Posted via CB10
    I'd be concerned that the BB10 UI would not have sufficient broad appeal, and would be a waste of resources at this point in time.

83% of the world is comfortable with the current Android UI, and I think it would be best to make this as easy a transition as possible.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    diegonei likes this.
    09-25-15 02:12 PM
    Good thing is that we have choices in life.

There's no way I'll buy anything related to BlackBerry android.

That reminds me, I'll have to cancel my insurance plan for my Leap (ain't no way BlackBerry getting anymore of my money!).

#yesimbutthurt

Posted via CB10
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    09-25-15 03:10 PM
    BlackBerry confirms Android phone; revenue falls short - The Globe and Mail

Scotiabank’s Daniel Chan asked him whether this meant it was time to throw in the towel on BB10, which has been out for three years and has failed to connect with consumers. “We’ll have to make sure that Android is successful first,” said Mr. Chen. That said, he confirmed there will be no more BB10 devices released in 2015.
    09-25-15 03:20 PM
    BB10 is only dead when you decide to stop using it, not when they tell you it's dead.

My firm is running a bunch of Passports with BES. We're not resting anything in peace for the time being. And we will use it until we've squeezed every last cent out of it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-25-15 04:46 PM
    BB10 is only dead when you decide to stop using it, not when they tell you it's dead.

My firm is running a bunch of Passports with BES. We're not resting anything in peace for the time being. And we will use it until we've squeezed every last cent out of it.

Which you should in every way possible!

A vasy majority of people are all about having the latest and greatest and just throwing the old gen away for no reason.
    Don't get me wrong, I love new gadgets as much as the next guy, and I will definitely be buying the BlackBerry Priv. That in no way means that BlackBerry 10 and those devices are done for. The PP for example will remain a powerhorse of a device for time to come. It is a great device with many out lasting features. As long as the device is cared for, it should last as long as the non replaceable battery will last.

Posted via the BlackBerry Classic
    09-25-15 05:10 PM

Same here: My Z30 is excellent, and I will continue to use it as is. I hope it doesn't suffer a calamity. It might be prudent to purchase a backup before they're all gone.
    extisis likes this.
    09-25-15 05:13 PM
    Just curious, other than your Z10, how many other BB10 devices have you purchased to date? 800,000 devices sold is pathetic.
    I would have bought EVERY SINGLE new successor to my trusty Z10, IF THERE ONLY WERE ANY. If you haven't noticed, ever since the Z10 and Z30 came out in 2013, BlackBerry HAS NOT released any Full Touch devices to replace them. Before you say it, no, the Leap was NOT an upgrade because its specs were hardly different than the 3 years old Z10's (and actually WORSE than the Z30's). Nor did BlackBerry ever release anything in the Q form factor with hardware specs any better than the ANCIENT dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait from 2011 or so. Yes, there is the Passport, but CLEARLY its design isn't to everyone's liking and lots of people keep waiting for a more traditional Full Touch or full keyboard device to replace their Zxx or Qxx with. To no avail.

So how can you expect anyone to buy anything to replace his Z10 if THERE HAS NEVER BEEN any such device from BlackBerry? For at least two years, I've been desperately WAITING to THROW MY MONEY AT CHEN for a decent upgrade to my Z10 that I bought in February 2013, but Chen STUBBORNLY REFUSES to allow me give him my money!

And THIS is where pathetic BB10 sales come from. No matter how much people want it, they just DON'T HAVE anything to upgrade to. Haven't you really figured out such an obvious thing?

Chen says that it is costly to develop QNX drivers for new hardware. But he DOES HAVE drivers for the Passport's hardware (its quad-core 2.3 GHz CPU and its 13 MPix camera). So what prevents him from putting AT LEAST such hardware into some Z50 or Q50 housing and releasing it as an upgrade for all the Z10 or Q10 users desperately waiting for any upgrade option?

Apple is rich because they care to give their users an upgrade option YEARLY. BlackBerry is poor because they keep millions of Z10, Z30, Q10 etc. users without ANY upgrade options for 3 years now.

Howgh.
    09-25-15 06:35 PM
    Absolutely they are committed to BB10. Of that I have no doubt. There will be a transition period for sure on the enterprise side. They need BB10 for a while yet.

But for us, the everyday consumer, the lack of any new BB10 devices, and a simple patch release of the OS in 6 months from now does not exactly ooze excitement.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I don't buy smartphones for excitement.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-25-15 07:10 PM
    On the same day that John Chen underwhelming unveils the Priv, my local Apple Store literally had a queue out the door and around the corner with people wanting to buy a slightly updated iPhone.

If you build it, they will come.

I am in the market for a new phone to replace my Q10 after my Passport failed (screen lift, no warranty support). They have nothing to offer me. Bit hard to make money when you have nothing to sell.

John Chen seems focused solely on cost reduction. He seems to have forgotten the part where you need to spend money to make money.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and vanrickman like this.
    09-25-15 07:25 PM
    I would have bought EVERY SINGLE new successor to my trusty Z10, IF THERE ONLY WERE ANY. If you haven't noticed, ever since the Z10 and Z30 came out in 2013, BlackBerry HAS NOT released any Full Touch devices to replace them. Before you say it, no, the Leap was NOT an upgrade because its specs were hardly different than the 3 years old Z10's (and actually WORSE than the Z30's). Nor did BlackBerry ever release anything in the Q form factor with hardware specs any better than the ANCIENT dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait from 2011 or so. Yes, there is the Passport, but CLEARLY its design isn't to everyone's liking and lots of people keep waiting for a more traditional Full Touch or full keyboard device to replace their Zxx or Qxx with. To no avail.

So how can you expect anyone to buy anything to replace his Z10 if THERE HAS NEVER BEEN any such device from BlackBerry? For at least two years, I've been desperately WAITING to THROW MY MONEY AT CHEN for a decent upgrade to my Z10 that I bought in February 2013, but Chen STUBBORNLY REFUSES to allow me give him my money!

And THIS is where pathetic BB10 sales come from. No matter how much people want it, they just DON'T HAVE anything to upgrade to. Haven't you really figured out such an obvious thing?

Chen says that it is costly to develop QNX drivers for new hardware. But he DOES HAVE drivers for the Passport's hardware (its quad-core 2.3 GHz CPU and its 13 MPix camera). So what prevents him from putting AT LEAST such hardware into some Z50 or Q50 housing and releasing it as an upgrade for all the Z10 or Q10 users desperately waiting for any upgrade option?

Apple is rich because they care to give their users an upgrade option YEARLY. BlackBerry is poor because they keep millions of Z10, Z30, Q10 etc. users without ANY upgrade options for 3 years now.

Howgh.
    I loved the Z10 too. It died. I moved on. The Classic is the best phone I've ever owned. It doesn't need over clocked expensive specs, it runs BB10 not Android and it still doesn't lag like an android. You're only depriving yourself of using other great BlackBerry phones.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-25-15 07:36 PM
    I would have bought EVERY SINGLE new successor to my trusty Z10, IF THERE ONLY WERE ANY.
    You really should have gotten a Z30. I did. No complaints here. Do I want an update for the Z30? Yes. Do I ***** and moan about it? Not really. My device works as it is and I'm in no dire need for a new phone (do notice the difference between needing and wanting).

A funny side effect of BB10: Devices thatlast long enough to actually get you to save some money if they are what you wanted in the first place.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-25-15 at 08:38 PM.
    kgbbz10 and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-25-15 08:09 PM
    Just curious, other than your Z10, how many other BB10 devices have you purchased to date? 800,000 devices sold is pathetic. All those crying about the demise of BB10 should shut up and put the money where the mouth is, so we won't be having this discussion.
    Did blackberry really sell 800,000 BB10 devices? I've personally owned the z10, z30 and the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:22 PM
    Do I want an update for the Z30? Yes. Do ***** and moan about it? Not really. My device works as it is and I'm in no dire need for a new phone.
    That your Z30 works for you and while you'd like to upgrade it it's not something you can't live without is good for YOU, but not for BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to keep selling phones, and not just keep users happily use old phones for decades. Apple makes more money from making EXISTING userbase upgrade to every single new model as they come each year, than from attracting NEW users, as their marketshare has NEVER exceeded 20%.

That's the SOLE thing that Chen doesn't seem to understand and keeps whining about poor sales and low revenues rather than frequently releasing new phones (in each of the existing form factors) many existing users just couldn't resist upgrading to and this way MULTIPLYING BlackBerry's revenues.

If he was delivering yearly upgrades for every form factor, by now he would have sold 5x more devices and BlackBerry would have earned 5x more money on BB10.

And kindly notice that this whole "BB10 development is costly because it takes developing QNX drivers for every new piece of hardware" story is a PILE OF BULLSH*T, because for a year now Chen has had QNX drivers for the Passport's hardware (its quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU, its Adreno 330 GPU, its 13 MPix camera, etc.), yet it didn't make him release ANY Z10 or Q10 successor with the Passport's hardware. Merely a housing design work. Imagine how many Z10 or Q10 users would happily upgrade to a - say - Z50 or Q50 with the Passport's stuff inside, providing some 3x performance increase. Add a nice 1080p display to it and what else would anyone need to keep him a happy BB10 user for another 2 years.
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 09-25-15 at 08:47 PM.
    09-25-15 08:35 PM
    That your Z30 works for you and while you'd like to upgrade it it's not something you can't live without is good for YOU, but not for BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to keep selling phones, and not just keep users happily use old phones for decades. Apple makes more money from making EXISTING userbase upgrade to every single new model as they come each year, than from attracting NEW users, as their marketshare has NEVER exceeded 20%.
    All true.

But I can't save the company on my own can I? Also, I will NOT simply buy anything they stip out. I passed on BBOS7 because I knew BB10 was in the works and I passed on everything since the Z30 because I don't want a physical keyboard. I also don't want an Android device.

Sadly the Slider is both.

But hey! I subscribe to BBM Privacy. They are still making money out of me! ^^

Now please, how does any of that relate to the fact people are here ******** and moaning that BB10 is dead, other than saying they really should give the Slider its best shot WHILE maintaining BB10 for the BUSINESSS users (the guys they are actually making money from)?

You do realise they shifted to software for their main income source, right? On such model, if the device works fine, it's really the software fee that matters.

All of a sudden, what I said about devices kinda pops.

EDIT: Oh lol. You're like me. You quote, reply with the bare minimum, then come back and edit with the rest of the info. Well then, let me reply to the rest of it.

That's the SOLE thing that Chen doesn't seem to understand and instead keeps whining about poor sales and low revenues.

The only people whining are here on CB.

If he was delivering yearly upgrades for every form factor, by now he would have sold 5x more devices and BlackBerry would have earned 5x more money on BB10.
    He is delivering upgrades across the board (albeit not yearly). I beg of you, show me one OS update that skipped the Z3, Z10, Classic, Z30 or ANY other BB10 device. Also provide the study where the 5x figure comes from.

And kindly notice that this whole "BB10 development is costly because it takes developing QNX drivers for every new piece of hardware" story is a PILE OF BULLSH*T, because for a year now Chen has had QNX drivers for the Passport's hardware (its quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU, its Adreno 330 GPU, its 13 MPix camera, etc.), yet it didn't make him release ANY Z10 or Q10 successor with the Passport's hardware.
    You argument is not holding. You don't seem to know how coding works. All drives for all new hardware bits have to be wrintten from scratch for BB10 while they already exist on Android (ok, they have to be written there too, but that's no longer BB's devs nor BB's cost). There is no pile of bull****.

Also, what's the conection? Having the driver makes it automaticly mandatory to create an update for an older device? Dude? C'mon!

Merely a housing design work.
    No. More like a complete gutwork. Which costs money. Money is something they only have so much, so they can't just go around trying stuff to see what sticks (though I can see people saying the Passport is just that lol).

Imagine how many Z10 or Q10 users would happily upgrade to a - say - Z50 or Q50 with the Passport's stuff inside, providing some 3x performance increase. Add a nice 1080p display to it and what else would anyone need to keep him a happy BB10 user for another 2 years.
    On this very bit, you and I are in agreement. I would have gotten a Z50. I know a few good pople that would too. But consider this please... Would the cost of making such devices, coding appropriate drivers for the new hardware, getting them assembled and packed, managing the supply chain... Actually make up for the CHANCE of SOME pople updating (and an even smaller fraction of staggler adopters)?
    I wish everyone would try and look at stuff as if they actually owned the business lol (still would not do much good since most people do not know how a business work anyway - but would be something).

But HECK if I would not buy the Z50 you described! I'd be all over it!
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-25-15 at 08:57 PM.
    09-25-15 08:41 PM
    All true.
    But I can't save the company on my own can I?
    Of course not. And it's not what I meant. I do not expect any USER to try to save the company, I expect the company to start acting REASONABLY and this way save themselves.

It is THEM who needs to give you something WORTH updating to. If they do, you will do (and remain a happy BB10 user). If you do, they'll earn on it. As simple as that.

I do not question their shift to software model. I do not question their attempt to give Android a try. Not at all.

I am merely saying that NONE of the above prevents them from SIMULTANEOUSLY doing what every other (serious) phone manufacturer does, i.e. taking advantage of its existing user base by letting (and making) the existing users upgrade to new devices. This way making USERS happy and this way making THE COMPANY richer.

And no, I am not talking about excessively frequent updates. The Z10 or the Z30 have not received any successor for THREE YEARS, which is an EPOCH. The Q10 did not actually receive any true successor, either, because no other device in that form factor released after the Q10 had hardware specs any better than it.

This is something completely unprecedented.

As I wrote, a Z10/Z30 and Q10 successor with even just the Passport's specs (for which BBRY has all the needed drivers and what else, and would merely need to design their housings) would make MAJORITY of existing users want to upgrade and get the Passports 3x better performance and its improved camera. Pure joy for users, pure profit for BBRY.

As simple as that....

EDIT: Oh lol. You're like me. You quote, reply with the bare minimum, then come back and edit with the rest of the info. Well then, let me reply to the rest of it.
    Sorry, I pressed something and my post got submitted before I finished writing it. I came back to it to add the rest but your were quicker :-)
    Allanon89 and wojt7 like this.
    09-25-15 09:06 PM
    Sorry, I pressed something and my post got submitted before I finished writing it. I came back to it to add the rest but your were quicker :-)
    lol, nothing to be sorry about.

Of course not. And it's not what I meant.
    It was rethoric. I know you didn't (or at the very best hoped so lol).

I do not expect any USER to try to save the company, I expect the company to start acting REASONABLY and this way save themselves.
    Agreed. Though I gotta say, from a business perspective, all they did regarding to BB10 after Chen came on board makes some amount of sense. I'm not saying we as consumers like it, but it does.

It is THEM who needs to give you something WORTH updating to. If they do, you will do (and remain a happy BB10 user). If you do, they'll earn on it. As simple as that.
    I hear ya! Where is my Z50, JC? But again, I'll remain a happy BB10 user with my trusty Z30. And the German Goverment will likely agree with me on this one.Those BES12 fees!! (queue the cash machine sound effect)

I do not question their shift to software model. I do not question their attempt to give Android a try. Not at all.
    Go on...

I am merely saying that NONE of the above prevents them from SIMULTANEOUSLY doing what every other (serious) phone manufacturer does, i.e. taking advantage of its existing user base by letting (and making) the existing users upgrade to new devices. This way making USERS happy and this way making THE COMPANY richer.
    Let me quote something that was said on this thread.
    On this very bit, you and I are in agreement. I would have gotten a Z50. I know a few good pople that would too. But consider this please... Would the cost of making such devices, coding appropriate drivers for the new hardware, getting them assembled and packed, managing the supply chain... Actually make up for the CHANCE of SOME pople updating (and an even smaller fraction of staggler adopters)?
    All other manufactures can do it. All other manufacures are already on Android. They don't have any software cost but a meaker UI.

And no, I am not talking about excessively frequent updates. The Z10 or the Z30 have not received any successor for THREE YEARS, which is an EPOCH. The Q10 did not actually receive any true successor, either, because no other device in that form factor released after the Q10 had hardware specs any better than it.
    Ah, I see, you were talking about hardware updates to device models. Please try to be clear. Again, nowhere does it say they are forced to do so. We can complain about it, we don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

This is something completely unprecedented.
    Source? Because I don't see the followup to the Pearl form-factor anywhere...

As I wrote, a Z10/Z30 and Q10 successor with even just the Passport's specs (for which BBRY has all the needed drivers and what else, and would merely need to design their housings) would make MAJORITY of existing users want to upgrade and get the Passports 3x better performance and its improved camera. Pure joy for users, pure profit for BBRY.
    You are repeating yourself. And you are assuming the majority would update. There is no way to know that. And I would repeat myself, but I just quote that bit above.
    As simple as that....
    Please understand this is not meant as a 'boohoo you're dumb, stop crying about it'. It's really me trying to say in as many words as I can 'it's not that simple'.

This is the CB Ambassador and Business Consultant speaking.

The BB10 costumer would say very different things lol.
    09-25-15 09:19 PM
    Well tonight I experienced another downer on my Z30 that just tells me to move on from this slowly becoming POS of a platform:

I bought the Torch Flash Light app from BB World when I first bought my Z30 6 months ago. I like the different choices of lights on it. Today I turn it on for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks. IT FREAKIN' DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE! Flashlight or any of the variety of lights on the app won't turn on. Yes, the built in flashlight in the Z30 works just fine. And this app ain't free.

Take a look at the app on BB World. It no longer has a "last update" indication. Looks to me like the developer has abandoned it. But why would the app stop working now? It still worked when I received the 10.3.2 update from Verizon. I have not made another update since.

It looks like just another nail in the coffin of this BB10 Z30. Every month I find a problem with BB10 that points to it slowly becoming more & more USELESS! When the hell is that Slider going to be released? Hell that Moto X Pure keeps calling my g@d d@^^n name. Guess my Z30 is telling me something, pushing me to it!
    09-25-15 09:21 PM

Or until BlackBerry shutdown the push notifications service, or until the gmail interface changes, or until the current version of EAS is rendered obsolete, or until you can no longer buy batteries, or until BlackBerry World is shutdown and previous purchases can't be downloaded, or until the Assistance service is turned off, or ...
    09-25-15 09:59 PM
    diegonei,

Where is my Z50, JC? But again, I'll remain a happy BB10 user with my trusty Z30.
    OK, you'll remain happy (for now, but certainly not for ever). And so will I with my Z10. But BlackBerry won't sell two devices which otherwise we would buy. So while maybe WE won't lose much (for now), BBRY won't earn. Few months from now, Chen again will announce another "small revenue drop" which in turn will cause further cost reductions and further BB10 development reductions. On which we'll all lose.

I would have gotten a Z50. I know a few good pople that would too. But consider this please... Would the cost of making such devices, coding appropriate drivers for the new hardware, getting them assembled and packed, managing the supply chain...
    Even if the drivers really are such a problem, this in no way explains not releasing a Z10/Z30 or Q10 successor with the Passport's hardware, for which Mr. Chen DOES HAVE all the drivers, or else how would the Passport be functioning In other words, as I already wrote, creating a Z10 successor with the Passport's specs is merely designing a housing for it.

As for difficulties with "getting them assembled and packed, managing the supply chain..." etc., if such BASICS of manufacturing and selling smartphones are something that BlackBerry cannot cope with then maybe they should switch to planting potatoes... OK, now seriously, these are things you just CAN'T avoid if you manufacture electronics. If you don't want to do it, you need to change your business. It would be the most idiotic excuse I could imagine if I heard that "they can't release a new phone because it would take assembling and packaging it.....".

Mind you, even the tiny Jolla managed to design, get assembled, packed, shipped and sold first their phone and now their tablet. So it's doable.

And if they're not sure of how many existing users would upgrade, why not run a survey or something. There are multiple (reliable and scientifically proven) ways to get such sort of info, but they haven't even tried.

Ah, I see, you were talking about hardware updates to device models. Please try to be clear. Again, nowhere does it say they are forced to do so. We can complain about it, we don't have to like it, but that's how it is.
    Sure they are not forced to do it. But it is them who won't earn on it at the end of the day. Keep Z10, Z30 and Q10 users one more year without any successor and most of them will eventually go away. Those people will get themselves some new phone - iOS, WP, Android, whatever. They'll forget about BB10. Question is what BBRY will be making money on if majority of existing users leave. Their Android experiment may work or it may not, no one knows. If not, what will remain? Bottom line: no company should disregard existing users that quickly. Nokia also believed that their WP shift would be successful. Well, it ended up as the biggest failure in smartphone history.

Source? Because I don't see the followup to the Pearl form-factor anywhere...
    The full touch form factor, which is what I'm interested in the most, certainly is the world's most popular form factor, considering that some 95% of Android phones, all iPhones and WP phones use it. So it definitely is something unprecedented not to have provided a single successor to this form factor in 3 years (as I wrote, the Leap can hardly be considered an upgrade if its specs are identical as the Z10's and worse than the Z30's).

You are repeating yourself. And you are assuming the majority would update. There is no way to know that.
    Please feel free to just skip whatever annoys you. You're in no way obliged to read or reply to it, just like I am in no way obliged to only write what you'd like to see.

Anyway, as I wrote, there are multiple ways to survey people's expectations and whether they'd update or not. Statistics is a science, there are tools and methods to get fully reliable results. But it takes at least trying.

Or if they are too scared to risk, then let people preorder it, in which case the worst thing they'd be risking would be that they'd need to return the money if the number of preorders wasn't sufficient. Or do it in a hundred of other possible ways. Just do something instead of whining about poor sales and low revenue.

Please understand this is not meant as a 'boohoo you're dumb, stop crying about it'. It's really me trying to say in as many words as I can 'it's not that simple'.
    I don't think there is any need to get unkind. English is not my native tongue, so I can't express myself as clearly and concisely as I'd do in my language, but I'm really doing my best.

I am only trying to say that if a PHONE company tries to save money by NOT MAKING PHONES then it won't get them far. Please feel free to disagree with it.
    kingrizz, Allanon89 and wojt7 like this.
    09-25-15 10:30 PM
    Well tonight I experienced another downer on my Z30 that just tells me to move on from this slowly becoming POS of a platform: I bought the Torch Flash Light app from BB World IT FREAKIN' DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!
    Yeah, a flashlight app not working is a PERFECTLY valid reason to abandon a platform

Every month I find a problem with BB10 that points to it slowly becoming more & more USELESS! When the hell is that Slider going to be released?
    Keep hoping that Android is a platform where you won't be discovering such problems daily....
    diegonei likes this.
    09-25-15 10:36 PM
    The Android system is not by any means perfect. But it continually evolves to solve problems. It keeps moving forward. That's why there is an app ecosystem that attempts to solve problems. Which is more than I can say for this platform. It has stopped growing, stopped evolving, and when you do that, be you a living species, or a piece of technology, you die.

Life is full of problems... you tackle them head on and solve them or attempt to. You don't just stop and let it overwhelm you or hide from it and stop growing. Doesn't work that way, not for me at least.
    southlander and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-25-15 10:44 PM
    Same here: My Z30 is excellent, and I will continue to use it as is. I hope it doesn't suffer a calamity. It might be prudent to purchase a backup before they're all gone.
    was thinking the same. maybe a white one
    09-25-15 10:58 PM
    6stringriffs,

You know, I am a developer myself and all I can say is that Blackberry really did our lives hard on this platform.

First they allowed the BB World to get literally flooded with hundreds of thousands of Android apps of such a cr*ppy quality that people's eyes start bleeding from just looking at it. Good and useful Android apps are not there, just utter cr*p, unmeasurable amounts of it. This makes discovery of new native apps almost impossible. If Alicia isn't so kind to review your app here on Crackberry, 99,8% of BB10 users won't ever find it.

Featured apps, banners, carousel on the front page. It's been 3 years since I started wondering how it works. With 10 native apps, half of them Built For BlackBerry certified, mostly five-star rated, I have never had a single app featured there for a single second. Clearly, you need to make friends with some BBRY guys and only then they'll put your app there. Nothing to do with ratings, quality, usability, etc.

Built For BlackBerry.... now it takes TWENTY days to get an app tested. Imagine that then they reject it because of just e.g. "BB10" being written in the About text instead of "BlackBerry 10" as they require, and it'll take another TWENTY days to get it re-tested and approved. I won't even mention what happens if they again find another such important reason to reject it... yeah, you guessed it, another 20 days.

As I wrote in another thread, already in 10.2 they've added an API do use e.g. the barometer, but they've never added the barometer itself in any of their phones, or any other new sensor (thermometer, pedometer, hygrometer, etc.). There are tens of thousands of highly usable apps on Android and iOS taking advantage of such sensors, not doable on BB10 because the sensors are not there. This is just an example of why there are no interesting apps. To make a step counter you need to use the accelerometer, which gives incomparably less precise results than from a dedicated pedometer sensor - and then people complain about your app being sh*tty and imprecise.

Advertising Service.... it's something that allows making Lite (free, with ads) apps on Android and iOS. Not doable on BB10. Two years with BBRY's Advertising service of UNUSABLE quality, and eventually its complete removal a few months ago. And then people say that BB10 developers are greedy and all apps are paid.

App reviews..... half of them disappeared recently, and it's been a month now since BlackBerry started "fixing" it. As for now, they can't even give an estimated date when it'll be fixed for good.

I could go on for a few more hours. But instead I'll just conclude that it's only BlackBerry to blame for all this mess.

Please don't blame developers for slowly abandoning this platform. It takes A LOT of patience and possibility to mostly develop for FUN (and certainly not for any decent revenue) to keep developing for BB10. I still do, but I'm less and less resistant to the fact that my apps can't even be FOUND in this sh*tty store.
    Uzi, kingrizz, extisis and 6 others like this.
    09-25-15 11:19 PM
    Indeed we are on BurningPlatform
    Joshu42 and Maxxxpower like this.
    09-25-15 11:26 PM
    Sad day ..........never thought this day will come ............one word jolla

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 11:37 PM
353 12345 ...