... didn't hurt anyone, "had so much potential but never had the chance to grow" and didn't deserve to go like this!

Just the other day i remember when he was born and i collected my beautiful Z10 from the shop.. to now know he is no more than a patch fix if that

Will be missed greatly

R.I.P. BB10..-index.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kingrizz; 09-25-15 at 08:58 AM. Reason: clarity
    09-25-15 08:38 AM
    R.I.P. BB10..-maap-yah-bb.jpg
    R.I.P. BB10..-20150919111311.jpg
    09-25-15 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 scheduled to be released in March 2016 | CrackBerry.com

May also want to listen to what is said at 20 minutes here: Investor Events - Canada
    09-25-15 08:44 AM
    Right. WTH are people talking about?
    09-25-15 08:46 AM
    10.3.3 not 10.4. not much commitment there... r.i.p.
    09-25-15 08:48 AM
    That argument makes no sense whatsoever.

10.2.0 to 10.2.1 was a huge leap in features. At most, your logic should support commitment.

Version numbers mean nothing.

This thread should R.I.P...
    09-25-15 08:49 AM

10.2.0 to 10.2.1 was a huge leap in features. At most, your logic should support commitment.

Question.. if blackberry are committed to this new joint venture with Android but obviously not as much as their own OS does this not show near enough close to the end of anything "new" with BB10? no mention of hardware?! oh sorry someone is going to invest in the BB10 software and make devices for it when Blackberry themselves are now learning towards android?
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-25-15 08:54 AM
    This thread doesn't make any sense. There is no RIP for BB10 yet. We should wait for 10.3.3 than anything else first.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 08:56 AM
    Question.. if blackberry are committed to this new joint venture with Android but obviously not as much as their own OS does this not show near enough close to the end of anything "new" with BB10? no mention of hardware?! oh sorry someone is going to invest in the BB10 software and make devices for it when Blackberry themselves are now learning towards android?
    Actually it doesn't.

Where is it written that a company can't dabble in opportunities? Samsung, HTC... They all had Windows Phone and Android devices at some point (some STILL do).

The Android Phone is a way to KEEP THE HARDWARE BUSINESS ALIVE. Now friends, no HARDWARE BUSINESS DOES MEAN no BB10 device at all. So please, go easy on the RIP (it's a dead horse we are all not sympatheric with) and the Slider. It may be the life line BB10 needs to stay around.

But none of your previous logic holds, sorry.
    09-25-15 08:57 AM
    There seem to be some users left who refuse to accept the truth....
    gjh1978 and JGoodard like this.
    09-25-15 08:58 AM
    There seem to be some users left who refuse to accept the truth....
    The truth being his argument makes no sense or that he is right? MAKE A CLEAR STATEMENT FOR ONCE!
    09-25-15 09:00 AM
    You are still closing your eyes to what is obvious.
    09-25-15 09:00 AM
    You are still closing your eyes to what is obvious.
    The trolling is strong on this one.
    09-25-15 09:01 AM
    Actually it doesn't.

Where is it written that a company can't dabble in opportunities? Samsung, HTC... They all had Windows Phone and Android devices at some point (some STILL do).

The Android Phone is a way to KEEP THE HARDWARE BUSINESS ALIVE. Now friends, no HARDWARE BUSINESS DOES MEAN no BB10 device at all. So please, go easy on the RIP (it's a dead horse we are all not sympatheric with) and the Slider. It may be the life line BB10 needs to stay around.

But none of your previous logic holds, sorry.
    Can blackberry really afford to dabble?? I think NOT! They need financial longevity as does any other business but i guess in your eyes Blackberry stating commitment to the playbook OS at the time was a positive step?
    gjh1978 and JGoodard like this.
    09-25-15 09:02 AM
    The trolling is strong on this one.
    click:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11950575
    09-25-15 09:02 AM
    Can blackberry really afford to dabble?? I think NOT! They need financial longevity as does any other business but i guess in your eyes Blackberry stating commitment to the playbook OS at the time was a positive step?
    Can they afford NOT to?

BB10 isn't selling. They needed to do something and doing the same thing would not work.

Do I love android and am I going to buy the Slider? Neither. But Going for a secure android device that's got a keyboard but can be used as a general slab works because:
    • You don't have to pay to use Android. You agree to Google's terms and put it in your device. No steep development cost, no licence fee. They could have gone Windows Phone 10, but that would have meant paying fees and royalties to Microsoft;
    • Some people (a small nich? a lot? I don't know, but they exist) would like a more secure android phone;
    • Some old BBOS users do miss the keyboard but are knees deep into Android and it doesn't make sense to move now;
    • Some companies are too knees deep into android and desperately need a secure option.

There are plenty more reasons. There are just the one I can thing off now.

You don't need to love the Slider. But don't hate on it either. The Slider does well, we can hope for BB10 support (and devices) to pick up.

I'm not dismissing the chance that at some time BlackBerry can drop BB10. It can happen. It's just not happening today.
    09-25-15 09:10 AM
    Just curious, other than your Z10, how many other BB10 devices have you purchased to date? 800,000 devices sold is pathetic. All those crying about the demise of BB10 should shut up and put the money where the mouth is, so we won't be having this discussion.
    09-25-15 09:14 AM
    Can they afford NOT to?

BB10 isn't selling. They needed to do something and doing the same thing would not work.

Do I love android and am I going to buy the Slider? Neither. But Going for a secure android device that's got a keyboard but can be used as a general slab works because:
    • You don't have to pay to use Android. You agree to Google's terms and put it in your device. No steep development cost, no licence fee. They could have gone Windows Phone 10, but that would have meant paying fees and royalties to Microsoft;
    • Some people (a small nich? a lot? I don't know, but they exist) would like a more secure android phone;
    • Some old BBOS users do miss the keyboard but are knees deep into Android and it doesn't make sense to move now;
    • Some companies are too knees deep into android and desperately need a secure option.

There are plenty more reasons. There are just the one I can thing off now.

You don't need to love the Slider. But don't hate on it either. The Slider does well, we can hope for BB10 support (and devices) to pick up.

I'm not dismissing the chance that at some time BlackBerry can drop BB10. It can happen. It's just not happening today.
    Agree with you there, to wont happen today but more likely in the future now than prior to the Slider, privs "release"
    09-25-15 09:16 AM
    "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Google and BlackBerry."

Posted via the BlackBerry Classic
    diegonei, kingrizz, dwdino and 8 others like this.
    09-25-15 09:18 AM
    "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Google and BlackBerry."
    You can use one while you pretend to serve it. But I see what you did there and I like it.

Agree with you there, to wont happen today but more likely in the future now than prior to the Slider, privs "release"
    I'm more than happy to settle for that.
    vpblaze and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-25-15 09:21 AM
    Not much DRAMA here......(sarcasm)
    diegonei likes this.
    09-25-15 09:21 AM

Yes, that's big improvement. But did they told anyone that 10.2.1 will be about privacy and security improvement?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    sati01 and limabo like this.
    09-25-15 09:28 AM
    Just curious, other than your Z10, how many other BB10 devices have you purchased to date? 800,000 devices sold is pathetic. All those crying about the demise of BB10 should shut up and put the money where the mouth is, so we won't be having this discussion.
    let me help correct you, my first blackberry was a 6230! if we didnt believe/like blackberry we wouldnt already of put OUR money where our mouth is (as you put it) and purchase a BB10 device.. this when blackberry was supposed to be dead! everybody know blackberry lost market share and whether i buy 1/2 bb10 devices won't change that its about bringing in NEW customers! in my opinion this is partly the joint venture with Android!

hope this clears things up for you!
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-25-15 09:31 AM
    Time will tell about the future of BB10, but Chen has made it very clear that BB10 is here to stay because it is viewed as essential to provide the best end to end security. So they are releasing an Android device with BlackBerry overtones. Good! I can see people liking the BlackBerry uniqueness that is baked into the Android so that they will continue purchasing BlackBerry Android phones, or they will be willing to try a full on BlackBerry BB10 device.

To Quote a famous baseball Hall of Famer, Yogi Berra, "It ain't over 'till it's over." People can cry death and demise of BB10, but while it is still kicking and breathing and being updated, there is life. With life and a strategic plan being implemented by a turn-around "genius", Mr. Chen, there is hope. So let us not run ahead of reality. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done, but BlackBerry has been making progress each quarter.
    09-25-15 09:49 AM
    It is interesting to read back the next year.
    09-25-15 09:54 AM
353 123 ...