Probably just trying to gain traction in the Android market...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-04-16 01:24 PM
    1 year ago I would have disagreed wholeheartedly, but after witnessing firsthand the lack of hitting self imposed deadlines and inaction for the OS, there's no doubt in my mind that BB10 is officially dead.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BlackBerry has had a history of as far back as I can think of releasing late or unfinished products and sometimes not releasing at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 04:19 PM
    BlackBerry has had a history of as far back as I can think of releasing late or unfinished products and sometimes not releasing at all.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, after all we've been through with BlackBerry over the past few years, we should've known better lol

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-05-16 02:06 PM
    So why are so many stand by blackberry. Yes we know it's a beta. Yes we know it is OUR responsibility. But really a beta site that is in the open forum. Kind of like beer on the sidewak. No one under 21 take it. With that being said. Don't put a bets product out there that has the potential to lock down the public without a release to follow for 6 months to a year or more to fix it. Before Chen at least there would be leaks. Now no leaks. Now where else to go. Sound like Richard Gere from officer and a gentleman.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 04:07 PM
    So why are so many stand by blackberry. Yes we know it's a beta. Yes we know it is OUR responsibility. But really a beta site that is in the open forum. Kind of like beer on the sidewak. No one under 21 take it. With that being said. Don't put a bets product out there that has the potential to lock down the public without a release to follow for 6 months to a year or more to fix it. Before Chen at least there would be leaks. Now no leaks. Now where else to go. Sound like Richard Gere from officer and a gentleman.

Posted via CB10
    Well, a developer OS is meant for developers.
    I think they handled it well the way they did, but there were some consumers that installed it even though it was clearly labeled properly.

Vistaus and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-05-16 04:36 PM
    Well, a developer OS is meant for developers.
    I think they handled it well the way they did, but there were some consumers that installed even though it was clearly labeled properly.

Exactly! And regarding leaks: it would be pretty stupid of them to allow leaks of a WIP NIAP-conform OS. Even before Chen they wouldn't have allowed it in this case.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-05-16 04:39 PM
    Sad day... August gone and the BB10 Os update never came. Chen is doing his best to make me leave BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Don't feel bad, Chen has managed to get hundreds of thousands to leave Blackberry before he turned his attention to you.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 06:23 PM
    I'm just waiting for my phone to die. Stuck with my Curve8330 until the eagerly awaited Z10 and BB10 came out. Stuck with and still occasionally use my PlayBook, but since that was abandoned and now I'm seeing BB10 shoved to the side, it's time to go when this is done. Final straw is the demise of Blend. And it seems I can't remove it and regain some resources. Too bad still find BB10 is my favorite Interface.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 10:21 PM
    I'm just waiting for my phone to die. Stuck with my Curve8330 until the eagerly awaited Z10 and BB10 came out. Stuck with and still occasionally use my PlayBook, but since that was abandoned and now I'm seeing BB10 shoved to the side, it's time to go when this is done. Final straw is the demise of Blend. And it seems I can't remove it and regain some resources. Too bad still find BB10 is my favorite Interface.

Posted via CB10
    Blend final demise? I thought Blend would lose official support but would keep working?

09-05-16 11:54 PM
    Blend final demise? I thought Blend would lose official support but would keep working?

Blend is still working. I use it extensively everyday. It's one of the features that I hoped they would have brought over to Android. Had they moved that over to their BlackBerry Android Phones then I would have moved away from BB10 already.

Blend will continue to work but there would be no more updates or bug fixes.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 06:03 PM
    09-06-16 06:03 PM
    Blend is still working. I use it extensively everyday. It's one of the features that I hoped they would have brought over to Android. Had they moved that over to their BlackBerry Android Phones then I would have moved away from BB10 already.

Blend will continue to work but there would be no more updates or bug fixes.
    Blend on tablets has been broken for months. It's more correct to say that Blend on desktops still works, for now...
    09-07-16 07:17 PM
62 123