Is there anyway to stop email from receiving anything between certain hours?
    No, I can't just stop looking at it, this is why I have BB, that red blinking is hypnotic, it makes me pick up the phone.

I am looking for a way to get some shuteye or just ignore emails totally without having to turn off the phone.
    05-29-15 07:47 PM
    Bedside mode

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2708 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    05-29-15 07:49 PM
    You could modify your "meeting" profile to turn off email under "custom app modifications" and turn on/off what ever notifications you want.

You could manually turn on meeting profile, or If you want it to automatically come on, set a recurring meeting in your calendar for the hours you want it off. Then in calendar settings enable "meeting mode"

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:10 PM
    I need to look into Bedside Mode. I've never actually used it. Maybe this will help silence the vibration of emails etc. during the night.
    05-29-15 08:33 PM
    Turn on bedside mode before going to bed and set it up the way you like.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    05-29-15 08:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies but I think you guys are missing the point.

I still would like to use my phone but not be bothered by the constant incoming emails, which, for some reason, I feel obligated to read and respond.
    I can't keep using my phone when it's in bedside mode.

Older android phones had that sync time setting, I know it's not possible with exchange which is what I am using but I wish there was a way.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    05-29-15 10:59 PM
    Diligently search bbw I'm certain I've seen a few Headless apps that will do what you ask. It may be built in to the calendar or look to use a profile changing app. You could then set your profile based in time and have it changed to no led and no notifier of new emails during certain time frames.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:16 PM
    Just go settings, notification, all off. you will still get the email but no notification or red light.

I'm on Z10 10.2.1
    05-30-15 01:11 AM
    I do something similar to the previous post. Except I use the priority hub feature too. Only the e-mail senders, text senders etc that I choose to filter in, make it into priority hub. And those folks get a notification sound and a blinking light. And I customize sounds for some contacts.

All other incoming email and text are silent. So when I have free time I go out of the priority hub and look around at what else came in.

I set it up this way because I was too easily distracted by getting alerts from everything that was arriving in my inbox.

I find Priority Hub to be excellent.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:10 AM
    Is there anyway to stop email from receiving anything between certain hours?
    No, I can't just stop looking at it, this is why I have BB, that red blinking is hypnotic, it makes me pick up the phone.

I am looking for a way to get some shuteye or just ignore emails totally without having to turn off the phone.
    This may be something close to what you have in mind : Check out No Mail - Control When to Check for Email in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59946717

It works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-30-15 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies but I think you guys are missing the point.

I still would like to use my phone but not be bothered by the constant incoming emails, which, for some reason, I feel obligated to read and respond.
    I can't keep using my phone when it's in bedside mode.

Older android phones had that sync time setting, I know it's not possible with exchange which is what I am using but I wish there was a way.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    Yeah, being able to set hours that mail syncs is nice, *especially* for my work email account, is really useful. I made heavy use of that on my old Windows Mobile years ago.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you can still use your phone when notifications are in bedside mode. Bedside mode is one of the notification presets that turns off all sound and visual notifications. Slide open quick settings, and tap notifications (the word, not the icon), and tap quick settings on the bottom toolbar, and you can pick which profiles are enabled for the notification toggle - I can remember if bedside profile is enabled by default. When I have notifications set to bedside, I get no notifications. If you still want phone call notifications, there's the phone calls only profile.

Your post looked to me like you were referring to sliding down from the top of the lock screen to force bedside mode and show the clock - if that's not what you meant, and I'm totally off base, then disregard the above.
    05-30-15 03:41 PM
    This may be something close to what you have in mind : Check out No Mail - Control When to Check for Email in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59946717

It works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, it doesn't seem to list compatibility with exchange which is a push email, what kind of email service are you using with this? This is exactly what I am looking for!

Yeah, being able to set hours that mail syncs is nice, *especially* for my work email account, is really useful. I made heavy use of that on my old Windows Mobile years ago.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you can still use your phone when notifications are in bedside mode. Bedside mode is one of the notification presets that turns off all sound and visual notifications. Slide open quick settings, and tap notifications (the word, not the icon), and tap quick settings on the bottom toolbar, and you can pick which profiles are enabled for the notification toggle - I can remember if bedside profile is enabled by default. When I have notifications set to bedside, I get no notifications. If you still want phone call notifications, there's the phone calls only profile.

Your post looked to me like you were referring to sliding down from the top of the lock screen to force bedside mode and show the clock - if that's not what you meant, and I'm totally off base, then disregard the above.
    I miss Windows Mobile's unlimited settings and near perfect outlook type of viewing, it was just amazing, not touch friendly but I miss the days of Windows Mobile 5.0, it was miles ahead of the crap they call Windows Phone nowadays, hopefully with Windows 10 things will change, who knows..

Yes, this might work well but honestly which BB user ignores hub? I just don't want to see anything coming in, because I know I will eventually peek at hub no matter what I am doing, call it tick, call it habit, call it addiction.. The Crackberry term has nothing to do with being addicted to the hardware, it's the emails we are addicted to, we feel compelled and obligated to respond to every email, part of obsession, part of our disorder which is hard to beat, maybe, MAYBE if we could be as relaxed as others and use iPhone so that it's terrible email design can keep us from working... So when I watching a movie, yes I can stop the blinking but when I want to take a look at IMDB, I'll eventually peek at HUB and feel like I have to read an email, especially if it is something from overseas, some bad news, some negative information, even though it's something that can wait until later or even next morning-- there you go, my night is ruined! I want to stop that.. I hope I don't sound like crazy email person version of the crazy cat lady.
    05-30-15 07:13 PM
    I want my emails coming in whenever they are send. I will decide to respond or not.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:11 AM