I'm going to be traveling outside the USA several times this summer. My plan in each country is to get a local SIM for data so I don't pay T-Mobile and arm and a leg for roaming. In the minutes/hours post landing before I find said SIM, I would like to ensure that my emails (three accounts) don't download or "sync" with the servers. I want to leave data on during that time for BBM (which is free while roaming with my T-Mobile feature), but email will cost money. So is there an efficient way to turn off email? I see I can turn off "Push if Available" and the change the interval to "Manual" in email settings for each account. For my MS Exchange account, I can individually turn of syncing for Calendar, Contacts, etc. Is this multi-step process the only way?

Thanks,
    BJ
    06-26-13 02:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure turning off "Synch Email" will do what you want.

Make sure to turn off all synch options though (including calendar contacts etc..)

In the pic below I only have email synch off. Since i set that, I haven't gotten a single email.

BUT... I can't 100 percent guarantee no data will be used, but so far it appears to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:59 PM
    Quickly Turn off E-Mail?-img_00000332.png

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:59 PM
    Mnc76, how did you get to that window that shows all those buttons? Step by step please. Thanks. My room mate is also looking for this exact scenario.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:15 AM
    if your email is an EAS based, you can just simply turn off the email sync by switching the toggle. if your email is on the push IMAP, just switch PUSH to OFF and switch the sync to MANUAL.
    06-28-13 02:21 AM