Hello;

I have three separate questions on BB10 issues; I did not want to post them separately:

1. I managed to figure out "mark all prior read" option in the Hub, which I find to be quite useful. However, I also would love to be able to delete all prior emails/twitter feeds, etc. Is that possible?

2. Several of my contacts have separate entries: They appear In twitter and Facebook (I opted to pull my Twitter and Facebook contacts as well) as well as my main google contacts addressbook. Is it possible to merge all the different contact entries for one person into a single entry?

3. I recently found out that when I erase an email in my Blackberry Q10 (I have personal gmail set-up over IMAP), it disappears from my Gmail inbox (I am using web-based Gmail interface). However, I see that it doesn't entirely disappear from my Gmail. When I search for the email I erased, it is still in my Gmail, but not under trash. Even more weirdly, there is no folder label next to it, and so I have no idea where Gmail is storing these emails I deleted on my Blackberry. Does anyone know what is going on? I use my Q10 a lot to read/delete emails and so I would want to have the emails I deleted on my Q10 to disappear from my Gmail entirely even though they do disappear from my inbox.

Thanks in advance for all the help on any of these...
    08-09-13 10:58 AM
    Hi edilivel,

I'll try to answer your questions one at a time..

1. I managed to figure out "mark all prior read" option in the Hub, which I find to be quite useful. However, I also would love to be able to delete all prior emails/twitter feeds, etc. Is that possible?

Currently there is no delete all prior feature. One would hope this will be returning in a future software update, but as of now we haven't seen such a thing in any of the leaks.

2. Several of my contacts have separate entries: They appear In twitter and Facebook (I opted to pull my Twitter and Facebook contacts as well) as well as my main google contacts addressbook. Is it possible to merge all the different contact entries for one person into a single entry?

Your device keeps a seperate contact file for each of your accounts, email, facebook, twitter etc.. and it must be this way because it syncs each of those lists with their coresponsing services, BUT you can choose to link them all in your contacts app so they will appear to you as one contact, with all the apropriate information. When viewing a contact, scroll to the bottom, choose links, choose add link, then scroll through and find any other contacts for that person, select it, choose save. This will not actually merge them in the backend, but it will merge all their seperate contacts on your screen and will appear as only one contact on your device going forward.

3. I recently found out that when I erase an email in my Blackberry Q10 (I have personal gmail set-up over IMAP), it disappears from my Gmail inbox (I am using web-based Gmail interface). However, I see that it doesn't entirely disappear from my Gmail. When I search for the email I erased, it is still in my Gmail, but not under trash. Even more weirdly, there is no folder label next to it, and so I have no idea where Gmail is storing these emails I deleted on my Blackberry. Does anyone know what is going on? I use my Q10 a lot to read/delete emails and so I would want to have the emails I deleted on my Q10 to disappear from my Gmail entirely even though they do disappear from my inbox.

This is a function of gmail, one of gmails core principles is that they don't beleive in deleting email. (there are various schools of though on why.. from a users perpective I think it's great to keep everything in case I ever need to refrence something in the future.. the tin foil hat crew will be quick to point out that google wants you to keep everything because they scan it for ad delivery purposes.. I don't deny that scanning email for keywaords is part of google's business model, but i'm not so naive to think that they can't keep it on their own if they let you delete it.) Anyway.. when you delete a message in gmail, the default action is to archive it rather then actually delete it. What this basically does is removes the inbox label. Thus removing it from your inbox, but leaving it searchable in case you ever want it back. This is the way google intended it to work, and that is the way blackberry has implemented it. As of right now, if you really want them gone completely, you could setup a filter for all unlabeled messages using the web interface, and search for and delete them periodically.
    edelivel likes this.
    08-09-13 12:52 PM
    Hello;

I have three separate questions on BB10 issues; I did not want to post them separately:

More re #3... As noted, with Gmail set up as an IMAP account, messages deleted on device are simply archived in Gmail.
    Here's a thread with the IMAP folder and IMAP settings that finally worked for me to get Gmail messages deleted from my device to also be moved to Trash in Gmail. See post #4 from kleinhev @ email deleted on Z10 but stays on Gmail
    Both the folder settings and the IMAP settings must be just like the ones shown, or it doesn't work. Also, note that it takes the time period of whatever your Sync Interval is set at, plus about 5 minutes for the message to be moved from Inbox to Trash. This worked for me, plus 4 of 5 Gmail/BB10 using friends. Also a number of other CB'ers to whom I've pointed this out.

Note that you still won't be able to see the deleted messages in Gmail via the Hub, but they will be in your Gmail account "Trash". You could always use the mobile web access on device, if you need to access deleted messages while on the go.
    edelivel likes this.
    08-09-13 04:54 PM
    Elessar_cm, just_luc:

Thanks a lot for your replies; thesee were very useful. I did change my gmail settings- hope it works....
    08-10-13 02:47 AM
    Elessar_cm, just_luc:

Thanks a lot for your replies; thesee were very useful. I did change my gmail settings- hope it works....
    Be sure to pop back here and let us know. Good luck.
    08-10-13 08:17 AM
    Hello;

To Q3 please check All Mails. You will find the mails deleted in tour phone sitting there. The Inbox will not show the mails as they have been deleted. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry. It is the issue if Google. Complicated and Gmail has suddenly become a confused convoluted system. Anyway have to live with it!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:01 AM
    It did work like a charm! Thanks again!
    08-23-13 02:29 AM
    Press and hold the date in your email view and you will get an option to delete prior all...now bear in mind i have os 10.2

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:28 AM