Hi everybody,

I' thinking about switching to BB10 (especially to the Q10) from my current webOS Pre3.
    Could you please help me in my decision by answering these questions?

1. Are phone numbers in emails/messages recognised and connected to the phone application?
    I mean: when i receive an email with a phone number, can i just click on it and the call starts, or do i have to copy and paste it myself to the phone application?

2. Are multiple contacts connected to each other?
    I have some contacts for the same person in different locations: Like myself in Google (private) and in Exchange (work) -> will this result in ONE entry in the contacts or will i have two entries?

3. Q10 shortcuts: What is searched?
    When i start typing something in the Q10, what results are displayed: Found emails, sms, whatsapp.... found programs, found contacts?? everything?

Thanks for your help
    05-17-13 06:53 AM
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. I have a Z10 and the search is on par if not better than webOS. You can filter after search and it supports action.

I have a Pre2 myself and the Z10 is an upgrade in every department except notification. In webOS the notification pops in your face and bb10 you have to peek

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:30 AM
    Hey thanks!
    That sounds very good: I think I'll give the Q10 a try
    05-17-13 07:43 AM
    I am also coming from the WebOS and I m right now in between Z10/Q10 or Lumia 920.

One feature that I loved in WebOS was unified messaging through default messaging app.

So my question is what IMs are supported by BB10 Messaging app or is it for SMS only and I need to download separate apps like Skype, etc?

Is Skype in any way integrated into main Phone or Messaging apps?
    05-20-13 10:38 AM
    Go to the store and try it nothing beats hands on review.Being web os user its pretty easy guess what you will pick imo.But that's just that opinion go to the store check out the phones nothing beats hands on.
    05-20-13 11:46 AM
    Just got my Q10 hehe.

Currently you receive emails, sms, mms, skype-messages and whatsapp in one place: the hub.

BUT: When you want to answer one of these incomings, you click at the message and the appropriate app is opened.

So, answering sms will open one app, answering whatsapp will open another app... only emails are exclusively answered from the hub.

But my conclusion: the hub is awesome!
    IT even includes twitter.
    And the universal search from Webos works exactly the same, only it's fast as hell

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:25 PM
    1. Are phone numbers in emails/messages recognised and connected to the phone application?
    I mean: when i receive an email with a phone number, can i just click on it and the call starts, or do i have to copy and paste it myself to the phone application?
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. I have a Z10 and the search is on par if not better than webOS. You can filter after search and it supports action.

I have a Pre2 myself and the Z10 is an upgrade in every department except notification. In webOS the notification pops in your face and bb10 you have to peek

Posted via CB10
    Really? The phone number thing doesn't work for me. Is that a new feature or a leaked build of something that you're running?
    05-20-13 02:16 PM
    Hm, maybe the phone number is not correctly recognized, due to wrong number format:
    Works for me from emails (even with dots in the number).

Software v10.1.0.238 on Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:24 PM
    Very strange. No format I try is recognized:

Questions about BB10 - coming from webOS -> maybe I'll switch-img_00000069_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:38 PM
    Really? The phone number thing doesn't work for me. Is that a new feature or a leaked build of something that you're running?
    works for me as well. just tested it by sending myself a bunch of numbers. I am pretty sure it worked on the original 10.0 too. I'm on the official 10.1 no leaks here.
    05-20-13 03:00 PM
    Are either of you using North American formatted numbers?
    05-20-13 03:01 PM
    BUT: When you want to answer one of these incomings, you click at the message and the appropriate app is opened.

So, answering sms will open one app, answering whatsapp will open another app... only emails are exclusively answered from the hub.
    This is incorrect. Replying to an SMS, Facebook, Whatsapp, BBM, etc. can all be done within the Hub. The only exceptions are Android ports like Skype.
    05-20-13 03:18 PM
    This is incorrect. Replying to an SMS, Facebook, Whatsapp, BBM, etc. can all be done within the Hub. The only exceptions are Android ports like Skype.
    Interesting, I kinda like that. Once/If Skype goes native we can expect same functionality I guess.

One more question and I will not bother you anymore, promise

If I want to text you lets say, can I do it from the main screen without going into the app? Type something like "Text Masahiro: Hey whats up!"
    05-20-13 03:33 PM
    Interesting, I kinda like that. Once/If Skype goes native we can expect same functionality I guess.

If I want to text you lets say, can I do it from the main screen without going into the app? Type something like "Text Masahiro: Hey whats up!"
    You can type "text name" but that's as far as you can go. Then you tap the action to start a text message.
    05-20-13 03:39 PM
    Are either of you using North American formatted numbers?
    Yup. I'm in Canada.

Questions about BB10 - coming from webOS -> maybe I'll switch-img_00000010_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:21 PM
    webOS! Woo!

Yeah, the number thing is nice. Just noticed that I would really miss that function if my next phone didn't have it.

Good thread! A++
    05-20-13 06:40 PM

You can. There is a compose button on the action bar within the Hub, which will give you a lost of options (SMS, BBM, Whatsapp, etc.).

One of the main parts of BlackBerry "Flow" is how you can pull up any app within other apps without having to call them up (depending on how it's developed). Here's an example: I could be looking through my camera photos and notice a pic someone might enjoy, so I share it with them through whatsapp and then I start having a conversation with them. This all happens within the pictures app without me even seeing the "home screen".

For developers, I believe this is called the "Invocation" framework, but correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not a dev.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Masahiro; 05-25-13 at 12:35 PM.
    05-25-13 12:24 PM
    As a former webOS user myself, I can see a lot of similarities. This is a good thing, I think.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:51 PM
    This works for me in email, sms as well. I'm in Canada on Q10 with version 10.1.0.238

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:11 PM
    the email in web OS shows 3 lines in the (viewing hub) will bb10 do this or just 2 not a big deal but nice to see
    05-28-13 12:13 AM
    In the hub: only two lines are displayed (one line Sender, one line the message - in cas of email it's the title)

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:24 AM