Not looking for anything "complicated or mysterious," lol. In fact I'm pretty sure that you're right. It's more about control (and less about market share.)
    Well, ultimately it's both, right? They are closing APIs to all 3rd parties. That's the control part.

And they also aren't making their own app for BB10 like they are for other platforms. That's the market share part.
    Foreverup likes this.
    03-18-16 09:53 AM
    Not looking for anything "complicated or mysterious," lol. In fact I'm pretty sure that you're right. It's more about control (and less about market share.)

Posted via CB10
    Control of the app interface and the data collected. Don't believe BB when they say they are only giving it to google and apple because neither of those actually develop the app. Both app are developed directly by facebook

BB is the only company that develops their own facebook app, so basically the BB10 app is official - unofficial facebook app.
    If i had to guess facebook told them to update it and either BB didn't have the correct APIs or was unwilling to put money into updating BB10 APIs and the app to match facebook demands.
    03-18-16 09:56 AM
    I had a similar discussion with a friend about Snapchat. He works in a retail environment and mentioned people can now pay/transfer money via Snapchat. It was then I realized why Snapchat pulled third party apps. When transferring money, they want full control of the process.

I am not a big FaceBook user, but if FaceBook or one of its associated companies has the ability to do money transfers, that would be a reason why the FaceBook API are not available to third parties like BlackBerry. Imagine if there was a hack to the money transfer process and what it would cost.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 09:56 AM
    BB is the only company that develops their own facebook app, so basically the BB10 app is official - unofficial facebook app.
    If i had to guess facebook told them to update it and either BB didn't have the correct APIs or was unwilling to put money into updating BB10 APIs and the app to match facebook demands.
    Microsoft and Jolla develop their own Facebook apps as well IIRC.
    03-18-16 11:55 AM
    Microsoft and Jolla develop their own Facebook apps as well IIRC.
    Microsoft does not anymore. Windows 8.1 and 10 is developed by Facebook
    03-18-16 12:07 PM
    Microsoft does not anymore. Windows 8.1 and 10 is developed by Facebook
    They've announced plans to release their own app for phones but it's not out yet. The current Facebook app on phones is by Microsoft (see Publisher info),

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=KSEyePUj
    03-18-16 12:47 PM
    They've announced plans to release their own app for phones but it's not out yet. The current Facebook app on phones is by Microsoft (see Publisher info),

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=AJyf4PEa
    both facebook and facebook messenger are in beta for windows but they are being developed by facebook and will be universal apps.
    03-18-16 12:59 PM
    This really sucks.
    03-31-16 08:10 PM
58 123