This is a serious question.

Will someone please explain to me the logic behind jumping ship to another Android phone if BlackBerry decides to have one of their own phones run Android?

Why wouldn't such a person simply try the BlackBerry running Android on for size and then, if they don't like it, try something else?

It's just such a bizarre threat to me. It would make far more sense if people threatened to jump ship to Windows or iOS...but running from Android TO Android just boggles my mind.

Posted via my White Passport
    08-19-15 01:19 PM
    I think the logic is: why get a hybrid - Blackdroid. If you want n Android just get a tried and tested Android. There are so many to choose from already.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-19-15 01:27 PM
    Perhaps they think that they are valued, adorned and coveted by BlackBerry and that by voicing their emotional and nonsensical thoughts out loud that BlackBerry will abort all efforts on said project and not try to make a phone with android ever again.

LMAO!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:41 PM
    Actually I won't use any phone that runs Android. So unless it runs BB10, I won't use it. I will use my Z30's as long as they will run and then move to something else non-Android and non-iOS.
    will308 likes this.
    08-19-15 01:44 PM
    This is a serious question.

Will someone please explain to me the logic behind jumping ship to another Android phone if BlackBerry decides to have one of their own phones run Android?
    Simple: if you are going to be using Android anyway, most people don't want a physical keyboard phone. You can get something without the physical keyboard with better hardware for less by switching manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:39 PM
    It's not a threat...it's a promise. If I wanted android, I would have had an android years ago and would have forgone the trials with BB and apps and lack of choices in phones and missed deadlines. Now, just because it says blackberry at the top, they can put out anything and you would buy it? Talk about others being sheep. I have no loyalty to BB other than they put out a product I want. I want NOTHING to do with android. I don't give a rats a** who's name is on it.
    08-19-15 05:39 PM
    Think about it like this: You bought a BlackBerry phone and have been a loyal BlackBerry 10 user for quite some time. Suddenly, they decide to make an Android phone. Then they also decide "Hey, let's not support BlackBerry 10 anymore."

No new features or anything exciting. Just security updates to string along the last bit of users, hoping they'd shell out the cash for their latest dip into Android market.

You can see why others would rather go to another manufacturer. Sure, big Android players like Samsung and LG are notorious for not keeping their 18 month old devices up to date (or their flagships), but at least they're not a company who's barely hanging on in the mobile market.

It seems BlackBerry is taking a leap of faith and hoping it's userbase will jump ship to their new offering. People are scared to because it'll be like the PlayBook fiasco. Half-baked ideas in hardware that could have been put to great use.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-20-15 12:17 AM
    Actually I won't use any phone that runs Android. So unless it runs BB10, I won't use it. I will use my Z30's as long as they will run and then move to something else non-Android and non-iOS.
    Well said except for the non iOS part. My Z10 bit the dust. The iPhone six needed some work to make it the way "I" wanted it but it is a pretty good phone
    08-20-15 12:20 AM