I have been trying to use Sachesi for the first time to install OS 10.3.1.2582 on my Z30 (STA100-5) on my Macbook Air. I downloaded Sachesi, connected the device via USB, searched and found the right OS, downloaded all the files okay, but can't figure out how to complete the installation. As you can see from the attached screeenshot, when I go to the Install Tab, I don't see the Install Folder to click on (that's what I was expecting to see). Instead, I get that rotating circle, and that's it. It doesn't Matter whether I type the password in the box or not. Nothing seems to be happening, except the turning circle. Is it actually installing the files, or it's just stuck? Appreciate any feedback.

Question regarding Sachesi download!-sachesi-install-screen.png
    04-05-15 07:23 AM
    Do a right click on the Sachesi icon on your desktop to open its file location. The downloaded os is in the same folder.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:43 AM
    I have been trying to use Sachesi for the first time to install OS 10.3.1.2582 on my Z30 (STA100-5) on my Macbook Air. I downloaded Sachesi, connected the device via USB, searched and found the right OS, downloaded all the files okay, but can't figure out how to complete the installation. As you can see from the attached screeenshot, when I go to the Install Tab, I don't see the Install Folder to click on (that's what I was expecting to see). Instead, I get that rotating circle, and that's it. It doesn't Matter whether I type the password in the box or not. Nothing seems to be happening, except the turning circle. Is it actually installing the files, or it's just stuck? Appreciate any feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sachesi Install Screen.png 
Views:	434 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	345654
    After downloading the above files, follow these instructions:
    1. Run Sachesi 2.0.0 RC
    2. Open the Install tab
    3. Connect your device and get to the screen that shows your currently installed applications.
    4. Drag the BlitzOS2708.zip or BlitzOS2708CoreRadioOnly.zip on to the Install tab.

From your screen shot though, it looks as if your phone isn't actually connected, it is trying to connect. Try a different cable. I have has trouble with many cables, they would work fine for Link, but not Sachesi, I bought a new one and it worked.

If you are using 10.2.1, go to Storage and Access and change USB connection from Auto detect to "Connect to Mac."

You may also try to disable your password first, then try to connect.

Once you are connected, click on the Install tab and it will be self explanatory.
    04-05-15 10:59 AM
    From your screen shot though, it looks as if your phone isn't actually connected, it is trying to connect. Try a different cable. I have has trouble with many cables, they would work fine for Link, but not Sachesi, I bought a new one and it worked.

If you are using 10.2.1, go to Storage and Access and change USB connection from Auto detect to "Connect to Mac."

You may also try to disable your password first, then try to connect.

Once you are connected, click on the Install tab and it will be self explanatory.
    Thanks for the response. Ya, looks like Sachesi recognizes (detects) my phone, but doesn't Seem to be able to connect to it under the Install Tab. By the way, I am upgrading from 10.3.1.2267, and don't see the option to "Connect to Mac" in the Storage and Access setting you have mentioned. Also, I tried a new cable, but no change. Curious, do I have to decrypt the phone before connecting to Sachesi?
    04-05-15 12:05 PM
    I would do the decryption if your phone is encrypted and see what happens after that yes. If Sachesi is detecting your phone theoretically all should be fine from there but honestly I haven't tried this with an encrypted phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the response. Ya, looks like Sachesi recognizes (detects) my phone, but doesn't Seem to be able to connect to it under the Install Tab. By the way, I am upgrading from 10.3.1.2267, and don't see the option to "Connect to Mac" in the Storage and Access setting you have mentioned. Also, I tried a new cable, but no change. Curious, do I have to decrypt the phone before connecting to Sachesi?
    I had the same issue. I also didn't have that setting. Try disabling your password. What helped me, is using a brand new cable. I had six cables here, and they all worked for Link, but not Sachesi. I bought a new cable and it worked.

Try one thing at a time, and always put whatever setting you change back to where it was after you try it, provided it didn't work, then try something else. That is the only way you ca narrow down the cause.

Try disabling USB Mass storage, or enabling it. Try disabling your password. Try logging in to Link, then connecting Sachesi. Chances are though, you need a new cable.

As far as encryption goes, I am not sure, I have never encrypted my phone.
    04-05-15 02:42 PM
    Maybe put phone in Airplane mode.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    04-05-15 03:42 PM
    Airplane mode didn't work for me, although I usually turn it to airplane mode or just switch off the radio manually when I update.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 04:20 PM
    I am going to try the above (Airplane Mode, disabling Encryption, different cable, etc.) later and see what happens. I am traveling right now and don't have access to my laptop. Will do it over the weekend and report back. Hopefully, it works. Thank you all for your recommendations.
    TrueKulcha and PHughes like this.
    04-06-15 07:39 AM