I want to buy the z10 but I need to know before if is there an navigation app or waze as android port work good
    03-06-13 04:41 PM
    BlackBerry has its own Maps app that does turn by turn navigation, but I believe the third party solutions at this point are limited. I see an app called Wisepilot in BlackBerry World, but I'm not sure if it's any good, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:47 PM
    You do have maps that allow navi. Point is:
    1) where are you from (for area of usage)
    2) You need off line navi app or data ota
    3) is this an immediate need

I personally have not used navi. The maps work with data so no local nav for the moment as far as I know.
    People have been posting of google maps port working ok but I have not tried it. Also if you have a better look at the forums, some navigation comments indicate that things are looking up but not quite there yet from what I understand. Have a better search in the forums,
    This apart, I can tell you it is a very nice phone, I am enjoying a lot! (still needs a couple of fixes but overall, great phone).

I am sure you ll get a first glimpse of important info looking in the forums. Wait till the site is back up and have a detailed search before (sorry not possible to give links while they deal with the damage the Kevzila made to the site)
    Attached Thumbnails Question to people who have blackberry z10-screen-shot-2013-03-06-7.33.16-.-..jpg  
    wxmancanada likes this.
    03-06-13 04:54 PM
    Hahaha I am from israel I hope rhat google maps in port support turn by turn with voice and and I need ro know because I just now have a deal for an z10 in very low cost!!
    Thx
    03-06-13 05:01 PM
    well I am in greece and it does not work still (bb10 has not launched yet here) so I am afraid I could not help you better.

None the less if you have a good deal take it man, I am sure it ll pay off in the long run, one way or the other .
    Shalom!

EDIT: two threads I came along just now that are relevant I link below. Though as I told you I am SURE I saw much more in the forums, so check back soon hope this helps a bit

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...gation-766146/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-maps-778595/
    03-06-13 05:04 PM
    Magellan Compass is actually pretty good, and not terribly expensive. O2 Interactive has been phenomenal about updating it, too.

Note: if you had this on the PlayBook, you'll get it free on the Z10.
    Umedon and currentodysseys like this.
    03-06-13 05:09 PM
    Thanks very much I think I will buy it I sick of the galaxy s2 so slow I press something taks like20sec to go up and not stop to crash
    R Field likes this.
    03-06-13 05:30 PM
    I am downloading the Osmand Open source to see how it works. It is free (also has the +version for about 5.5Euro). OP I ll let you know how I find this to work out. Also the threads I posted above are a good way to start looking for alternatives. What I like about the posibilities in Osmand is you can download the maps for no data use from the device (I am downloading still so will have to check if this actually work and how the experience is).

@Thunderbuck: I had the Magellan Compass on the PB, I ll have a look! Thanks for that one! I totally omitted!
    03-06-13 05:31 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding some of the answers, so forgive me if I am.

My native maps app has turn by turn voice navigation working just fine at the moment.
    03-06-13 05:50 PM
    The native BlackBerry Maps app is a very functional voice navigation turn by turn GPS. It is accurate and fast.

Nogago allows you to download local maps with topography over lays and is great for walking, biking, trails, etc.

The mobile version of Google maps works great in the Z10 browser and then I save it as a home screen icon.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 06:16 PM
    Lots of options magellan standard Tom Tom style blackberry maps, nokia mobile gps, side load Google maps.

CB10- z10
    03-06-13 06:25 PM
    Yeaaa maybe the blackberry maps are great but its not available in israel if i dont worng so I cant use it
    03-06-13 06:26 PM
    Navigator, 100% offline maps and offline turn by turn navigation.
    03-06-13 06:28 PM
    Thanks very much I think I will buy it I sick of the galaxy s2 so slow I press something taks like20sec to go up and not stop to crash
    Boy Oh Boy...are you going to love this phone!!! Damn is it fast...also browser is crazy fast even while listening to music or streaming video to your TV over wifi. I can not believe how powerful and fast the operating system is!

Best app on the planet right now = BB10
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    03-06-13 06:57 PM
    Yeaaa maybe the blackberry maps are great but its not available in israel if i dont worng so I cant use it
    Not availability in Greece either until the official launch of BlackBerry 10. The other point with native BlackBerry maps is that you use much data unless used for short reference. I find that using data like that, in the long run it is perhaps more economical to buy a full off line software or a gps navigator all together.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 09:18 PM
    I side loaded the Google Maps app which has been pretty good if your willing to do that.
    03-06-13 10:05 PM
    Not availability in Greece either until the official launch of BlackBerry 10. The other point with native BlackBerry maps is that you use much data unless used for short reference. I find that using data like that, in the long run it is perhaps more economical to buy a full off line software or a gps navigator all together.

Posted via CB10
    I have an unlimited internt plan so I will not have that problem but I gonna to buy i all time wait ed to whatsapp to be avilable and I sew thats there app call openwhatsapp that do the same thanks to everyone for the halp
    03-07-13 01:13 AM
    I like the new map. It works quite well. I did side load Google Maps, but now I only use it if I need to take public transit. Otherwise, BlackBerry Maps has been very accurate so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:54 AM
    The BB10 native maps, is decent. As most people have done, the Google maps Android app works amazing.. turn by turn, etc its all there & can be side loaded easily, so don't let maps deter you from getting a Z10, it's really a fantastic product.
    03-07-13 12:56 PM
    i wanna say thank you all for the help and wanted to say that i just buy the new blackberry z10!!!!!!hall yea finalyyyy
    03-10-13 03:07 PM
    Well like has been stated Osmand maps is available, and works offline as well, and the mobile google maps web site works as well. I've used Osmand on the playbook and just installed it on my Z10, the UI lags a little bit as it is a android port, but works great otherwise once you download your local map and voice files if needed.

JR
    03-10-13 04:10 PM
    i wanna say thank you all for the help and wanted to say that i just buy the new blackberry z10!!!!!!hall yea finalyyyy
    Enjoy man!!!!! Happy for you!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:35 PM