Hi there,

I went on a binge yesterday and sideloaded a ton of apps to the phone and now I'm out of storage. I read a post earlier that said you cannot run apps from the mSD card so bummer on that one. But I was hoping there might be a way to move or store app data on the mSD card.

For example, I have the grooveshark app and I've cached a ton of songs to offline mode. I'm sure that's whats filled up my device memory so fast but I can't find where those are stored and I cannot find a setting in grooveshark that allows me to set storage to the mSD card.

Is anyone knowledgeable enough to help out with this?

Cheers

- J
    10-05-13 11:32 AM
    If the app doesnt give you a choice or default to the SD card then you are probably SOL. Sucks that some big games dont store on the SD card
    10-05-13 08:55 PM
    Someone should make an app that can redirect app data and so on to the SD card

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:04 PM
    Such an app would be able to redirect, or intercept all other apps private data subverting any security procedures implemented by the applications. So it is not possible, nor likely to ever be so.

Properly ported applications often give you the option of where to save data. If not you can ask the developer to add the feature. When you side load you're stuck with what you get. Remember side loading applications isn't supported.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-06-13 10:36 AM
    Could BBERRY make this a feature in the OS? Surely that would leave the security intact.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 01:33 PM