Except the apps weren't there at launch, so the customers didn't come.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    And the customers had already switched platforms, to ones with apps.

#viciouscircle
    03-17-17 07:38 AM
    Can't really call anything with 3-4 year old specs and components updated regardless of what casing you drop it all into.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is like Apple in that it's OS is better so it needs less hardware. I don't care if it's called "updated" or not. It runs well.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 10:45 AM
    If customers don't know it exists, they don't buy it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 10:46 AM
    If customers don't know it exists, they don't buy it.
    I agree.
    I have never bought anything that I didn't know existed.
    However my WISP keeps pretending otherwise.

Even worse, people have a tendency to return items that don't meet their needs.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 03-17-17 at 04:23 PM.
    03-17-17 12:27 PM
    BB10 is like Apple in that it's OS is better so it needs less hardware. I don't care if it's called "updated" or not. It runs well.
    Windows XP still "runs well" on old AMD Athlon XPs, and 2005-era apps still launch. But, for example, using a video editing app for HD video is super slow, and it's not even possible to work with 4K video. Despite "working well", such a machine is completely useless to someone working with video today.

Are there people who just check email, browse the web occasionally, and could use Word and Excel 2003? Sure, and they could survive with such a machine - but they're edge cases, not the mainstream.

Tech movies forward - that's its nature. We constantly do more and more with it, and that means we need more and more hardware. My 2005 PC had a single-core CPU and 512 MB of RAM - and that was considered a lot! My 2016 PC has 4 cores (but 8 threads) and 64GB of much faster RAM - and it has capabilities that the old machine could never have, and it does the things the old computer could do so much faster and easier.

The funny thing is: if BB10 and Android's position was swapped, you'd be the first to deride Android as having obsolete hardware and no apps, but because it's BB10, you're fine with generations-old hardware and no development. And that's fine, but most people aren't drinking that Kool-Aid.
    03-17-17 01:16 PM
    I agree.
    I have never bought anything that I didn't know existed.
    However my WISP keeps pretending otherwise.

Even worse people have a tendency to return items that don't meet their needs.
    Fools just need to understand what's best for them, even if that item doesn't meet their needs.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-17-17 02:58 PM
31 12