I tried to get the answer through a relevant thread but I couldn't, so I decided to start a new thread.
    On 10.2 you could find the BlackBerry Link account under the accounts in settings. From there you could delete it and along with it you could delete the associated contacts and calendar entries.
    Now in 10.3 I cannot find it. Some people suggested settings -> connections, but when you delete it from there the contacts and the calendar entries stay.
    Any help please?
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    09-03-14 01:55 AM
    What contacts and calendar are you trying to delete exactly? Local? An associated third party account.

Link just populates to local if I'm not mistaken. I use a cloud service for contacts and calendar now.

If you are trying to get rid of the local populated by link just tap the overflow menu from within accounts and click on clear local contacts and clear local calendar.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it is the only things I can think of.
    09-03-14 07:48 AM
    No but thank you for the reply. I am trying to get rid of the contacts from the BlackBerry Link account. Which by the way cannot be found under settings->accounts as it used to be in 10.2 and earlier releases.

09-03-14 08:13 AM
    Somebody has the answer please?
    I need to get rid of that account....
    Where did they hide it?
    09-03-14 01:45 PM
    Somebody has the answer please?
    I need to get rid of that account....
    Where did they hide it?
    To be honest I'm not sure really what your trying to do. I think it makes more logical sense the way BlackBerry designed it in 10.3 now, mainly because BlackBerry Link is NOT an account. It is an association or pairing that's why it's in device connections now. FYI BlackBerry ID that's an account or Gmail that's an account or Facebook/Twitter. Just because you can sync your calendar and contacts from link does NOT make BlackBerry Link an account. To delete the Link desktop association simply delete it from Settings --> Device connections. Then to delete your local calendar or local contacts simply open the Calendar and swipe down from the top and hit settings. Then tap "Meeting Invitation Settings" then tap the round green button on the bottom that says "Account Settings" now just tap the overflow menu it's in the right hand corner with three little dots. From there you can delete local calendar or contacts. I hope this helps you out in doing what your trying to do.
    slotime and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-03-14 04:57 PM
    Furell, GREAT POST! I'm sure your post will help a lot of people.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1130/1154 bars
    09-03-14 05:03 PM
    Furell, GREAT POST! I'm sure your post will help a lot of people.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1130/1154 bars
    No worries just glad I could help
    09-03-14 05:08 PM
    To be honest I'm not sure really what your trying to do. I think it makes more logical sense the way BlackBerry designed it in 10.3 now, mainly because BlackBerry Link is NOT an account. It is an association or pairing that's why it's in device connections now. FYI BlackBerry ID that's an account or Gmail that's an account or Facebook/Twitter. Just because you can sync your calendar and contacts from link does NOT make BlackBerry Link an account. To delete the Link desktop association simply delete it from Settings --> Device connections. Then to delete your local calendar or local contacts simply open the Calendar and swipe down from the top and hit settings. Then tap "Meeting Invitation Settings" then tap the round green button on the bottom that says "Account Settings" now just tap the overflow menu it's in the right hand corner with three little dots. From there you can delete local calendar or contacts. I hope this helps you out in doing what your trying to do.
    Thank you for your answer but I am afraid that it doesn't give me a solution.
    The BlackBerry Link contacts and calendar items are not locally stored. The do not go under local items.
    So even if I do what you say, it does not delete the BlackBerry Link associated items.
    Anyhow thanks for your time.
    I hope somebody has the answer.

09-04-14 12:15 AM
    Can you disabled the sync using link on the computer? (plug in device, open BlackBerry Link, go to sync and change the sync settings)
    09-04-14 09:53 AM
    Have you tried going in to the contacts app (not the contacts in the phone app) and swiping down for settings and unchecking BBlink?
    09-04-14 11:00 AM
    Thank you all. Tried all buy nothing.
    Still searching...

09-04-14 01:47 PM
    I hope I'm not the only one here that's lost. I've been using BB10 since it came out and I have NO idea what the OP is talking about. I've never seen a BlackBerry Link "account" before and have no idea what would necessitate its removal. If somebody knows what the OP is talking about, can you post a screen shot? I'm at a loss here
    09-04-14 01:55 PM
    I'll do as soon as I get my hands on a 10.2 device.
    Thank you all guys.
    You concern is highly appreciated.

09-05-14 04:04 AM
    You mean local contacts? Have you tried clearing the local contacts?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 04:35 AM
    Op, could you please post a screen shot of the account you want to get rid of?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:18 AM
    For some reason I cannot attach a picture.
    I will try via a PC later.

Ok I did it.
    Attachment 296943
    Last edited by akavbb; 09-10-14 at 09:21 AM.
    09-05-14 08:06 AM
    You mean local contacts? Have you tried clearing the local contacts?

Posted via CB10
    No it is not local contacts.

09-05-14 08:08 AM
    Help please?

09-06-14 01:41 AM
    Bump.help would be highly appreciated.

09-10-14 09:20 AM
    Bump.help would be highly appreciated.
    It seems to me that Furell has already answered your question... and since it was "Furell", you should be Happy Happy Happy!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 10:47 AM
    It seems to me that Furell has already answered your question... and since it was "Furell", you should be Happy Happy Happy!!!

Posted via CB10
    No he hasn't.
    I am not talking about local contacts or calendar entries.
    Look at the picture I posted from 10.2 (post#16)
    09-10-14 12:52 PM
    Can you go to 'Settings', 'Device Connections', scroll to bottom and it should show 'Paired Computers and Tablets'. Press and hold on any of the 'paired accounts' and an additional menu should show up that shows two options 'View Files' and 'Delete'. Press Delete and see if that takes care or what your looking for.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-10-14 04:40 PM
    No he hasn't.
    I am not talking about local contacts or calendar entries.
    Look at the picture I posted from 10.2 (post#16)
    The picture isn't showing

To post an attachment from the cb10 app you have to have the shared files permission enabled.

Settings > security > application permission > cb10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-10-14 05:08 PM
    akavbb - i feel your pain and know exactly what you are asking as I too have the same issue since upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3.

For everyone else - when you plug you BB into a computer running BB Link, yes it creates a device connection. However for those of us that use MS Outlook (or similar program)and want to sync our computer calendar and contacts, you do so thru Link, and under 10.2 it created a "BBLink" account under System Settings->Accounts. Under 10.2 you could go there and delete the BBLink account and remove all of your sync'd contacts and calendar entries. Under 10.3 it has been moved or changed or removed.
    akavbb likes this.
    09-11-14 12:27 AM
    akavbb - i feel your pain and know exactly what you are asking as I too have the same issue since upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3.

For everyone else - when you plug you BB into a computer running BB Link, yes it creates a device connection. However for those of us that use MS Outlook (or similar program)and want to sync our computer calendar and contacts, you do so thru Link, and under 10.2 it created a "BBLink" account under System Settings->Accounts. Under 10.2 you could go there and delete the BBLink account and remove all of your sync'd contacts and calendar entries. Under 10.3 it has been moved or changed or removed.
    But.. you can't use link on the computer to setup the sync again..?

"for those of us that use MS Outlook (or similar program)and want to sync our computer calendar and contacts, you do so thru Link"

So what happens when you do that ^ on 10.3?
    09-11-14 12:40 AM
36 12