Hello there. First of all I've already tried looking in the forum for the answer with no success, so please forgive me if it has been already answered.

I'm a regular user of Google Gmail's contacts. To organise my contacts I heavily depend on the labels Google contacts offers. As I understand, Google has disabled support for Google Active Exchange, hence the only way of syncing contacts to a BB10 device (Blackberry Classic in my case) is through the use of CardDav and CalDav (for contacts and calendars respectively).

In that context, I know Google has separated their Android app "Google Contacts" from the rest of the Google apps package, making it available as a standalone Android app. Sadly I can't install it in BB10, as the Android version supported by BB is 4.3 and the mentioned app needs a more modern version of Android.

Does anyone know of an Android or Blackberry app (similar to the Gmail app but for contacts), that will let me at least browse the contacts by label?. I don't need to be able to modify or sync the contacts, just to be able to consult them by filtering by Google's labels. that would be more than enough.

Many thanks!
    Pedro
    07-04-18 11:41 AM
    Hello there. First of all I've already tried looking in the forum for the answer with no success, so please forgive me if it has been already answered.

I'm a regular user of Google Gmail's contacts. To organise my contacts I heavily depend on the labels Google contacts offers. As I understand, Google has disabled support for Google Active Exchange, hence the only way of syncing contacts to a BB10 device (Blackberry Classic in my case) is through the use of CardDav and CalDav (for contacts and calendars respectively).

In that context, I know Google has separated their Android app "Google Contacts" from the rest of the Google apps package, making it available as a standalone Android app. Sadly I can't install it in BB10, as the Android version supported by BB is 4.3 and the mentioned app needs a more modern version of Android.

Does anyone know of an Android or Blackberry app (similar to the Gmail app but for contacts), that will let me at least browse the contacts by label?. I don't need to be able to modify or sync the contacts, just to be able to consult them by filtering by Google's labels. that would be more than enough.

Many thanks!
    Pedro
    Backup your all contact from android device and export it to your blackberry with bluethoot. And finish. I know that you want it autobackup to your Google account, but we can't. Start it manually if you want

Posted via CB10
    07-04-18 11:55 AM
    Hi thank you for your answer Tegar but I don't really understand the solution you mention. Even if I backup de contacts and move them manually (so they wouldn't sync with my gmail account), how could I navigate through them using labels?
    07-05-18 04:18 AM
    Hi thank you for your answer Tegar but I don't really understand the solution you mention. Even if I backup de contacts and move them manually (so they wouldn't sync with my gmail account), how could I navigate through them using labels?
    Follow my way:
    1. Backup /export your contact on your Android phone and after that you will got contact.csv
    2. Sent the csv file with Bluetooth to your blackberry passport/other.
    3. And select the file, after that you will got notification import contact
    4. Wait it import contact fully (you can import progress on contact app and it will seen loading one by one contect entered in your blackberry phone

Posted via CB10
    07-05-18 06:10 AM