Hi guys, I am thinking of changing to a BlackBerry next year and I want to ask if the Sideloading/Snap/Amazon AppStore is alright?

More specifically, the Line app as I noticed no one wants to program a native BB 10 Line app so I will have to sideload it, I want to ask if there's any bug on it as Line is my main form of communication device and I want to know if it works well on Q10/Q5/Passport.
    11-20-14 05:13 AM
    Don't know about Line as I dont use it.
    However, I have sideloaded and use SNap and Amazon App store and they are completely fine.
    11-20-14 12:48 PM
    I don't use it much, but I sideloaded Line and it works fine. I actually sideloaded it, I didn't use Snap or Amazon. I have used Snap and Amazon for other apps and they are perfectly fine.
    11-21-14 07:44 AM
    I see I see.
    thanks for replying guys!
    Appreciate it!
    11-23-14 07:14 AM
    Phone & video features don't work. But for messaging, it works great. As long as it's open as active frame, notification works as well.

Posted via CB10
    xs27 likes this.
    11-23-14 09:45 AM
    I'm a Line heavy user as its the main messaging app in my country, and I can say it's working very well. All feature works, pictures, videos, timeline and everything, you can even share pictures to line from the pictures app.

Notification works as well, it runs in the background so you don't have to keep it in the active frame.

All you need is to install an android keyboard as the BlackBerry keyboard doesn't work. It's all fine after that

Line 4.7.1 on 10.3.0.1418

You can PM me if you need any help.
    xs27 likes this.
    11-23-14 08:01 PM
    I'm a Line heavy user as its the main messaging app in my country, and I can say it's working very well. All feature works, pictures, videos, timeline and everything, you can even share pictures to line from the pictures app.

Notification works as well, it runs in the background so you don't have to keep it in the active frame.

All you need is to install an android keyboard as the BlackBerry keyboard doesn't work. It's all fine after that

Line 4.7.1 on 10.3.0.1418.
    Which BlackBerry do you have? I have Passport with OS10.3.1 leaked OS. Even with Official OS with Q10 or Passport , phone & video never worked. Always crushed.
    I wonder what the difference is ...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:23 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Z10. Can you elaborate on which part of phone and videos that crashes on your phone?

ZackoFF96
    11-24-14 12:03 PM
    Which BlackBerry do you have? I have Passport with OS10.3.1 leaked OS. Even with Official OS with Q10 or Passport , phone & video never worked. Always crushed.
    I wonder what the difference is ...

Posted via CB10
    I am on Q10 as well but video and phone work well! I got around 90% performance (speed&stability) from native

I use 10.3.1 as well, you may need to wipe the phone and dont restore any system setting from 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:16 PM
    I always use autoloader to fresh start when I install leaked OS. Never restore from previous settings.
    Everytime I hit "phone" or "video", app goes black screen. Then I have to choose either wait or end app. If I choose wait, it repeats same process over & over.
    I tried calling from my Nexus5 to Passport. Nexus keeps ringing but Passport won't ring. It shows missed call though. So it is communicating but I can't answer it.

I've already done wipe & autoloader then setting up from scratch 4 times in less than 1 month. I don't really wanna do it again. I will wait for official OS & see what happens.

Thanks for your information though. Now I know there is hope. When I can use all features with Line, I can get rid of my Nexus5.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:45 PM
    I use LINE with 10.2.1, the problems are:
    1) Enter to send doesn't work, IIRC this has more to do with the Android Runtime and is solved in 10.3
    2) Deleting characters via backspace will create a copy of everything you've typed up until that point, you'll need to delete those copies to type normally again
    3) Swipe left to delete on BlackBerry 10 keyboard won't work most of the time

But the core features : messaging, stickers, stuff like that works just fine

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    11-25-14 12:39 AM
    I use LINE with 10.2.1, the problems are:
    1) Enter to send doesn't work, IIRC this has more to do with the Android Runtime and is solved in 10.3
    2) Deleting characters via backspace will create a copy of everything you've typed up until that point, you'll need to delete those copies to type normally again
    3) Swipe left to delete on BlackBerry 10 keyboard won't work most of the time

But the core features : messaging, stickers, stuff like that works just fine

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    For number 2 and number 3, I recommend getting an android keyboard. Some keyboards have gestures too which is as good as the BlackBerry keyboard, but without the swipe suggestions.

ZackoFF96
    11-25-14 01:58 AM
    I always use autoloader to fresh start when I install leaked OS. Never restore from previous settings.
    Everytime I hit "phone" or "video", app goes black screen. Then I have to choose either wait or end app. If I choose wait, it repeats same process over & over.
    I tried calling from my Nexus5 to Passport. Nexus keeps ringing but Passport won't ring. It shows missed call though. So it is communicating but I can't answer it.

I've already done wipe & autoloader then setting up from scratch 4 times in less than 1 month. I don't really wanna do it again. I will wait for official OS & see what happens.

Thanks for your information though. Now I know there is hope. When I can use all features with Line, I can get rid of my Nexus5.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use autoloader, I use sachesi to do non destructive updates and so far it's been great, no errors at all. So I guess it's different experience for each devices.

But I don't have the same problem as you have, so I can't really explain how to solve it.

Yeah let's hope the next leak improves the android runtime.

ZackoFF96
    11-25-14 02:04 AM
    Line on my z30 works perfectly on OS 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:12 AM
    Just upgrade to the. 1154 leak using the blitz available in the forums. Then Line will work perfectly.
    And it's a non-destructive upgrade

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:15 AM
    For number 2 and number 3, I recommend getting an android keyboard. Some keyboards have gestures too which is as good as the BlackBerry keyboard, but without the swipe suggestions.

ZackoFF96
    BlackBerry 10 keyboard is the reason I side load LINE on my Z10 instead of keeping it on my dedicated Android device. My conscience doesn't allow me to type with the masochism that is Android keyboard. Swype, SwiftKey, a.i, smart, GO, I've tried them all and they plain don't work.

For sure the delete thing is a hassle, but between having to delete everything and having to struggle merely to type, I choose the former.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    11-27-14 01:53 AM
    Read all your posts, I did had a Q10 once but my Line just straight up hanged and the virtual back button doesn't work.

So I'm wondering if it's 10.3 that solved the problems, as back then I was on the older versions of BB10.

But good to hear that so I can safely make the switch back next time without worries, thank you guys for providing information
    11-30-14 08:48 AM
    I'm with my Q10 on 10.3.1.1154 and LINE works perfectly here. I sideloaded it with Snap. App is headless. Notifications work. Video call works. Messaging works. Basically everything works. Just like a native app

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:04 PM