Is installing a leak on a Carrier Device Safe..... I have A Rogers Q10 and i want to install the latest leak. Is it safe. Will it break my phone...

I know this might be a obiouvs question but plz i really want latest OS......
    09-16-13 04:33 PM
    Not it is very easy and straightforward

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:36 PM
    Is installing a leak on a Carrier Device Safe..... I have A Rogers Q10 and i want to install the latest leak. Is it safe. Will it break my phone...

You have a lot of reading to catch up on bud, a lot...
    For the knowledgeable it's easy but for the novice it's a bit difficult...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:39 PM
    You have a lot of reading to catch up on bud, a lot...
    For the knowledgeable it's easy but for the novice it's a bit difficult...

Posted via CB10
    What is so difficult ? Downloading the autoloader or plugging the phone on your pc?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:41 PM

All you need to do is doing your homework (Read, read,read). Tons of threads will guide you on how to Installing an OS. It's very simple, even for novice like me.
    saxxman likes this.
    09-16-13 05:13 PM
    No will it have a impact on my rogers phone
    09-16-13 05:16 PM
    Man its extremely easy. I was extremely hesitant. But last night I finally went through with it and they are awesome! I love them. Can't believe how much I was missing out. Especially the unlocked Android runtime. You get access to so many apps

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-16-13 05:20 PM
    Will it mess up my exsisting Rogers PHone and i have a Q10 SQN100-3 can i install os 10.2.1725
    09-16-13 05:26 PM
    What do you mean by mess up your phone? It's a non-released OS, there is always a certain risk there. The leaks we release are stable enough that most people can use them as their daily driver. They will not be entirely bug-free. Restoring your data will work most of the times, but there are many factors at play that could cause trouble with restoring. If that happens, you better have your important data backed up through an app or through an outlook/gmail account. Your apps will be easy to restore from app world.

But just because those things can happen doesn't mean they will. Which is why so many people tell you to read, read, read. Visit the BerryLeaks page, read through some of the previous topics and make sure you keep data backed up and you know what to do in case something goes wrong.
    It can mess up a phone, but if people read, know what to expect and how to deal with issues, it rarely does.
    09-16-13 05:59 PM
    Yes you can and if you mean works like a dream then Ya it might mess it up.
    Download your file
    Unzip
    Turn phone off or put into airplane mode
    Open autoloader
    Plug phone in and press the power button or leave phone on put into airplane mode.
    You will get a green light and will it restart when it's done.
    Do a security wipe which will take a long time.
    It will turn off when done.
    Then power up and set up.

Q10/1725/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    jogofeio likes this.
    09-16-13 06:03 PM
    Yes you can and if you mean works like a dream then Ya it might mess it up.
    Download your file
    Unzip
    Turn phone off or put into airplane mode
    Open autoloader
    Plug phone in and press the power button or leave phone on put into airplane mode.
    You will get a green light and will it restart when it's done.
    Do a security wipe which will take a long time.
    It will turn off when done.
    Then power up and set up.

WHY SECURurity Wipe I will lose all my data
    09-16-13 06:16 PM
    That is why you backup with BlackBerry Link first my friend. Also it's a necessary step. Oh. The Leaks team even has a step by step tutorial

anon721037 likes this.
    09-16-13 06:32 PM
    That is why you backup with BlackBerry Link first my friend. Also it's a necessary step. Oh. The Leaks team even has a step by step tutorial

Thanks I forgot this as I usually set up like new.
    Thanks vm.

09-16-13 06:35 PM
    You'll lose all you data installing the leak!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:56 PM
    You'll lose all you data installing the leak!

Posted via CB10
    True. But to the OP you can restore. So don't sweat it. You'll get everything back. Even text messages.

09-16-13 08:58 PM
    OP? What is this
    09-16-13 09:00 PM
    True. But to the OP you can restore. So don't sweat it. You'll get everything back. Even text messages.

Text messages are actually one of the things that rarely gets restored right... but there are apps out there to backup and restore those.
    09-16-13 09:01 PM
    OP? What is this
    OP means original post or original poster. Which is you. Lol.

09-16-13 09:01 PM
    Text messages are actually one of the things that rarely gets restored right... but there are apps out there to backup and restore those.
    Oh. I installed my first leak last night and it worked fine and dandy. I assumed it was the same for all. Sorry

09-16-13 09:02 PM
    So this leak will clean sweep my device what will it give me???? cant i not just install the bars for it on my offical os
    09-16-13 09:04 PM
    Will it mess up my exsisting Rogers PHone and i have a Q10 SQN100-3 can i install os 10.2.1725
    Define mess up... what is considered by you to be a 'mess up'? Thousands of people have installed leaks time and time again without any issues. If you read up and take all the correct measures, there isn't a whole lot to worry about.
    09-16-13 09:05 PM
    like i wont see any changes on my rogers phone i will still be able to use it prefectly on my plan
    09-16-13 09:06 PM
    Hmm weird I've never had an issues with this

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:06 PM
    Teckerman, these are some resources to find out more about leaks. Please use them and read things thoroughly, they should answer just about any question you have:
    - BerryLeaks Wiki
    - Leaked Operating Systems: Common questions and misconceptions | CrackBerry.com
    - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...chibar-812685/
    - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...b-link-804043/
    - Frequently Asked Questions - BerryLeaks Wiki

Also make sure you read the first post in the thread of the leak you are planning to load. Read it from beginning to end, as the information, warnings and notices will change on every leak and often they will be updated as new issues come to light.
    09-16-13 09:07 PM
    Hmm weird I've never had an issues with this

Posted via CB10
    lucky you! The leak-threads are full of reports of people who lost their text messages.
    09-16-13 09:08 PM
32 12