So I am so thrilled about the Dropbox integration in OS10, although hoping to see SkyDrive soon so I can switch back to what I think is a better and cheaper solution. Regardless, way to go Blackberry and Dropbox!!!

I figured out that if you select the option to "Pin Dropbox" that it syncs all of your Dropbox files to the device which is awesome as it really speeds up the time required to access the files. The only issue I see is that it is obviously storing the files in some kind of hidden folder in the device memory. There is no option to choose the memory card as the sync location. I can only assume that is what is happening as I watched the storage space on the device deplete as the files synced the first time.

So question is... what happens when the device memory fills up? Will it just automatically overflow onto the sdcard?

It would also be really great if sub folders could selectively be "un-pinned". Hope to see more development in this area soon.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    peregrineay likes this.
    02-09-13 09:15 PM
    Don't know an answer for you. I would suggest pinning a dedicated BlackBerry folder for files you want available at all times and the other folders just access when needed.

peregrineay likes this.
    02-09-13 11:55 PM
    That's a good idea in theory, but there is no option to pin specific folders. There is only an option to pin Dropbox. All or nothing.

02-10-13 02:20 PM
    Press and hold on a folder and the option will appear.

peregrineay and nghiadalat like this.
    02-10-13 03:12 PM
    PlayCloud 10 is a native file browser with cloud support.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

Box, Dropbox, SugarSync, Skydrive, Google Drive, FTP, WebDAV... and printer support over IPP (PDF / PS)

So, you have a solution to use and work with SkyDrive.

Many features in coming

Nicolas
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-10-13 03:27 PM

um.... nope.

The only options that pop up are: Refresh, Move, Copy, Properties, Rename, Select More, and Delete.
    02-11-13 01:48 PM
    PlayCloud 10 is a native file browser with cloud support.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

Box, Dropbox, SugarSync, Skydrive, Google Drive, FTP, WebDAV... and printer support over IPP (PDF / PS)

So, you have a solution to use and work with SkyDrive.

Many features in coming

Nicolas
    Wow! I have switched back to DropBox and now it looks like I maybe should go back to SkyDrive.... This is going to drive my business partner crazy. Poor guy can't keep up.

With PlayCloud 10, can I browse to my SkyDrive folders from within the email app? For example, I am composing and email message and want to attach a file that is on SkyDrive. When I hit the "Attach" button, will it show SkyDrive as another location alongside "Device", "sdcard", and "DropBox", or do I have to start from within the PlayCloud 10 file explorer, select the file I want and hit "Share"?

Also, can I tell my camera to automatically save to SkyDrive?
    02-11-13 01:52 PM
    Wow! I have switched back to DropBox and now it looks like I maybe should go back to SkyDrive.... This is going to drive my business partner crazy. Poor guy can't keep up.
    I hope that you will enjoy with it.

With PlayCloud 10, can I browse to my SkyDrive folders from within the email app? For example, I am composing and email message and want to attach a file that is on SkyDrive. When I hit the "Attach" button, will it show SkyDrive as another location alongside "Device", "sdcard", and "DropBox", or do I have to start from within the PlayCloud 10 file explorer, select the file I want and hit "Share"?
    I have returned my dev alpha device. So I will study if it's possible... Maybe. But indeed, for the moment you have to copy the file in local at first.

In fact, from PlayCloud, you can browse Box cloud, and share a remote document. Sharing will use in this case the Box feature (public, company, collaborators...). So you will share a file link and not the file itself.

Also, can I tell my camera to automatically save to SkyDrive?
    As photo is taken, press "share" option, PlayCloud will be in the list ; and you will be able to copy file to skydrive.

Note : Bookmarks & Folder synchronization are incoming... I need to get me Z10 device, before to do release.

You can try the PlayCloud 10 Free release. If you have requests, you can write me.

Nicolas
    02-12-13 02:12 PM
    I have some questions about Pin DropBox.

Do I understand correctly that Pinning means

1) that the files are not only synced (they were synced even without pinning), but that the filles are accessible locally, even with no connectvity signal ?? But how do you access them given you cannot use the "Connect to DropBox" icon (which doesnt work if there is no connectivty, !!! (As a test, I put airplane mode on, and could not see my pinned dropbox files anywere -- could not "Connect to DropBox amd if I go to file Manager, is says "Dropbox(offline"). so maybe I have the pinning concept all wrong?? Although the bb10 site does say I should be able to see them offiline!!

2) that we are still unclear as to where they are stored -- ie on the the device or on the memory card???.

Tx
    Last edited by mediaman09; 07-02-13 at 01:35 PM.
    07-02-13 01:16 PM
    If you fill up your 16GB with a Pinned Dropbox (I have a Dropbox of 10 GB that I shouldn't have tried to Pin...), your BlackBerry freezes and you stop receiving messages in the Hub and the Dropbox Sync doesn't work. Don't try it! I tried to unpin folders and unpin the whole Dropbox but it gives you a "Failed to unpin" error. Isn't that wonderful?

Anyway,
    - I don't know why BlackBerry didn't advertise/publicize/educate this "Pin Dropbox" feature ...
    - Dropbox should be allowed on the media card!!!
    - official Dropbox Help tells you it's called "Favouriting" your files/folders to get them downloaded for offline access when it's actually called "Pin" on the BB10
    - you can pin and unpin specific folders when it is working normally
    - you can access the files while your phone / Dropbox is offline (that is the point of downloading all of them after all)
    - BlackBerry has created a separate drive on the device so you cannot access the Dropbox files by plugging it into the computer (even though it knows it is full, 0 bytes free of 13.1 GB)
    - I can't find an auto-scheduled sync feature and I hope they are implementing this soon
    - the biggest annoyance other than the current state of my BlackBerry (0% space available and dysfunctional): there is no Camera Upload feature (yet) or an alternative setting that I could find to save my photos to the Dropbox drive (please don't suggest that I can just "upload" to Dropbox - the whole friggin point of Dropbox is that it uploads things in its folder automatically to avoid the manual upload - and don't give me the BS that's on the Dropbox site about oh we don't want it to sync automatically because we're worried about your data usage https://www.dropbox.com/help/82/en "Whereas the desktop app automatically uploads and downloads your files and syncs changes as they happen, the mobile app syncs on demand only. This prevents Dropbox from consuming all of the bandwidth and space for your mobile device."

Anyway, I'm in the process of sorting it out with BlackBerry and Dropbox. - I can't believe they didn't stop the Sync once it detected that there wasn't going to be enough room. I will update you guys when I figure this out.
    Last edited by peregrineay; 08-04-13 at 12:25 PM.
    08-04-13 09:41 AM
    can anyone confirm or deny that a sideloaded android Dropbox app will enable Camera Upload on BB10 ???
    08-04-13 12:54 PM
    Great tip. Many thanks.

10-06-13 03:43 AM
    That's a good idea in theory, but there is no option to pin specific folders. There is only an option to pin Dropbox. All or nothing.

Not true! I just have one folder in Dropbox "pinned" to the device.
    10-06-13 06:40 PM
    I have some questions about Pin DropBox.

Do I understand correctly that Pinning means

1) that the files are not only synced (they were synced even without pinning), but that the filles are accessible locally, even with no connectvity signal ?? But how do you access them given you cannot use the "Connect to DropBox" icon (which doesnt work if there is no connectivty, !!! (As a test, I put airplane mode on, and could not see my pinned dropbox files anywere -- could not "Connect to DropBox amd if I go to file Manager, is says "Dropbox(offline"). so maybe I have the pinning concept all wrong?? Although the bb10 site does say I should be able to see them offiline!!

2) that we are still unclear as to where they are stored -- ie on the the device or on the memory card???.

Tx
    It seems to work best through Docs-To-Go for some reason (instead of file manager or Connect to dropbox)
    10-06-13 06:44 PM
    Pressing and holding Dropbox files and folders in File Manager sometimes lets me pin/unpin, but most of the time, it's "sync now". Anyone know what's going on???
    10-06-13 11:24 PM
    Is there any way to sync a folder that is on your BB10 device without copying it into Dropbox? For example, my WhatsApp media downloads to a WhatsApp folder, and I'd like to sync that with Dropbox. Currently, I have to copy them from the WhatsApp folder to a copy of the folder in Dropbox.

Any ideas?
    01-30-14 12:48 PM
    Recently I've been getting the message "To unpin this file, unpin the parent folder" ... a sign that selective pinning/unpinning isn't going to work

Pro-tip: I use a separate Dropbox account on my BlackBerry and maintain shared folders with my regular Dropbox account because my regular account is too big for my poor BlackBerry to handle. This way I can have a real Dropbox with Pinned folders that gives me access to my latest Dropbox files even when offline. A work-around for the broken "selective pinning" system that I hope they will fix someday!
    02-09-14 05:28 AM
    I also would like to revisit this topic.
    Since Dropbox does not allow auto uploading of pictures/videos, I also use box along with dropbox now.
    However, what I would love to have is two way sync. Sure pinning is a great way if it works the way described above (constant sync of pinned folder) but it would be awesome if we could access those files offline and also if we could sync two way, files saved locally on a folder (/documents, for example) be able to sync up to dropbox.
    h
    03-04-14 01:44 PM
    Auto upload now available in native bb app. Hope they've also fixed the pinning and selective sync issues...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:15 PM