Hello there,

I am just wondering if thee is a way to delete my emails from the "device" but keep them in the "mail box" online? Or is it simply standard that it deletes from both now?

I know this feature was available on the older BlackBerry operating systems... but it didn't come up when I did the usual "delete prior" on my Q5.

Thanks in advance.
    09-06-13 06:08 AM
    BB10 is a definite change in the way email is handled -- it is no similar to the other platform offerings. For years, a great many BlackBerry users have lamented the lack of a true 2-way email sync between the mail server and device. It has been delivered in BB 10. With the exception of a couple of minor tweaks I'd like to see, I find it almost perfect. Far better than the Legacy BIS email version. There is a certain adjustment required in how one deals with their email. For example, filing to a "To Do" folder vs. leaving in the Inbox, if a message requires attention.

For example, Gmail messages deleted on device are simply archived to the All Mail folder by default. (This can be tweaked, if required.) Hotmail/Outlook.com email is set up as ActiveSync, and email deleted on device will be deleted on the server. Email accounts set up using POP access can work similar to what you remember, if the account has a setting available to "Leave messages on server" after being downloaded to the email client (in this case, your device).

I'd strongly suggest giving the BB10 system a decent trial -- I'd wager that you'll come to like it..
    09-06-13 07:00 AM
    I am one who does not like the way BB10 handles emails. I have multiple email accounts and some of them don't support active sync. I have a work around but find it limiting. For business reasons I need to archive most of my emails, so I end up with a cluttered hub at times. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:20 PM
    I am one who does not like the way BB10 handles emails. I have multiple email accounts and some of them don't support active sync. I have a work around but find it limiting. For business reasons I need to archive most of my emails, so I end up with a cluttered hub at times. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    I get logs for all my servers sent to my Outlook.Com address. You can imagine I don't want the Hub filling up with them. I look at them and file to Archive. Out of the hub but available when I need them.

I do the same with my IMAP accounts. It's all about using the tools effectively.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    09-06-13 04:10 PM
    Provided that one has such tools available.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:57 PM