When i try to input Chinese characters, sometimes the character or the world I am trying to type in doesn't appear in the in-letter suggestions. I know there is a way to show all the characters associated with the PinYin I input because I somehow stumbled on it once by accident, after that I can't invoke that list anymoe.
    Does anyone know the gesture to invoke the list?
    02-12-13 08:43 AM
    To explain this a little better, here are a few screenshots I took:

For example, I like to type Chinese character "剩", which is pronounced as "sheng", so I invoke Chinese keyboard and start typing s h e n g, and the screen looks like
    Question about Chinese input-img_00000006.jpg

So except the Chinese character suggested on the blank space key, I don't find any other suggestions... that's fine, I found a way to get more suggestions by swiping up on either Q or W key, which has a suggestion "sheng" on it in the last picture, then I got this:
    Question about Chinese input-img_00000007.jpg

As you can see, on the first row there are 5 Chinese characters suggested, but none of them is what I want. So currently I had to keep typing to make a common word that uses the character I want, like "sheng'xia", which you can see from the screenshot below that it would appear on the blank space bar.
    Question about Chinese input-img_00000008.jpg

If I type on the blank space bar, the word would appear in the edit box as below:
    Question about Chinese input-img_00000009.jpg

And then I had to remove the unwanted Chinese character to get what I initially want:
    Question about Chinese input-img_00000010.jpg

What I am saying is, at one point, I was able to stumble on a gesture or something that would pop out a window with all the Chinese characters associated with the pronunciation "sheng", so I can choose it directly. BUT, I can't trigger that screen anymore. If you happen to find the key combination or gesture and like to share it here, that would be much appreciated!
    02-14-13 04:41 PM
    HA!!! Found the solution!

After input PINYIN, if you can't find the characters you want, just swipe on the first row of the keyboard, to the right! A Window will pop up to allow you select the right character.

Question about Chinese input-uploadfromtaptalk1361205265018.jpg
    canuckcam and unbreakablej like this.
    02-18-13 10:34 AM