So everyone knows that the android OS sucks all of what you do and where you go and sends all that data off to be sold to who ever. Now does BB10 OS do that too? Also do the android apps that we run on our BB10 devices track us or suck out data out? If so I am un-installing all the android app on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:22 PM
    The big sucker of data is Google and Android is a Google OS. For information about your BB10 browser security setting see: Change Browser security settings - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    Dr J39 likes this.
    06-04-15 10:40 PM
    OK. But I know app on android siphon information about you and report back, even if the app is running or not. Looking for information like what websites you go to, your age, Facebook information, contact info, et al. BlackBerry doesn't do that do they? And do the droid apps on my BlackBerry suck out this info as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:17 PM
    If you allow BlackBerry Android apps the necessary permission, they could theoretically mine your contacts or file system. Make sure you get your apps from Amazon or Google Play Store to minimise the threat. BlackBerry Guardian scans your apps at the time of install and cross references with its "nasty app" database and will let you know if the app is risky.

BBM terms of service allows BlackBerry to collect information about your behaviour, and to direct advertising to you - but that information is strictly held and controlled by BlackBerry, without any 3rd party having access to it (including the advertiser in question).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 03:25 PM
    This thread is going to attract a whole bunch of android/Google lovers that are going to tell you Google and apps do not track you by default. They will tell you that you have to opt in to tracking or that it is really easy to opt out of tracking if YOU opted in without knowing it. They will then tell you that Google lets you remove all your information that Google collected about you but you can't do that with BlackBerry.
    The REAL facts are that android was DESIGNED and DEVELOPED by Google to TRACK and DATA MINE the crap out of you for no other reason than to make as much money off their users as possible. BlackBerry was developed and is still developed with security and privacy first and foremost. Please don't be fooled by the Google lovers, and for some strange reason there are a lot of them here that love to put down BlackBerry.
    Other than BBM, I really do not think BlackBerry collects or sells any information about you. I'm sure there will be a lot of people that will say I am wrong.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-05-15 03:47 PM
    Thanks guys. I think I will limit the apps I get from SNAP. I have some now but they are stuff to run my business like Go Payment for Quickbooks, eBay and PayPal. I'll leave the android crap on my other phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:31 AM
    Skype, which I installed through SNAP, could not access my real, BB adress book :-0
    Maybe other apps are closed off from the BB system as well, will check it out
    lift likes this.
    06-06-15 09:41 AM
    Skype, which I installed through SNAP, could not access my real, BB adress book :-0
    Maybe other apps are closed off from the BB system as well, will check it out
    That's good news.
    Here is something everyone should know. Even using snap, Google saves the type of device that you logged in to snap with. I went into my Google account (which I only use on testing devices) and there were all the BlackBerry devices I logged into snap with.
    From now on, I am only going to side load Google apps So Google wont have a record of every BlackBerry I own. Scum bags.
    jope28 likes this.
    06-06-15 11:48 AM
    That's good news.
    Here is something everyone should know. Even using snap, Google saves the type of device that you logged in to snap with. I went into my Google account (which I only use on testing devices) and there were all the BlackBerry devices I logged into snap with.
    From now on, I am only going to side load Google apps So Google wont have a record of every BlackBerry I own. Scum bags.
    Oh wow. Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:19 PM