Hi, I just bought a blackberry Q10, and I believed it was previously locked but now unlocked when sold to me as I was able to put in different sim card carriers and it all worked, but there was a watermark of the carrier every time I close the phone so saying it was previously locked. Now my questions are:

1) how can I really be sure that my phone is really unlocked? Is it in the settings? If so, can you help me find out where it is?

2) ive read in some forums and articles that when you officially update some day to the 10.2 OS when it's released, there is a chance/possibility that the phones that were unlocked will be locked again? Is this true?

Many thanks for the future help guys

Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-25-13 10:30 PM

1) how can I really be sure that my phone is really unlocked? Is it in the settings? If so, can you help me find out where it is?

2) ive read in some forums and articles that when you officially update some day to the 10.2 OS when it's released, there is a chance/possibility that the phones that were unlocked will be locked again? Is this true?

Many thanks for the future help guys

Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
    1) Go to Settings> Security and Privacy> SIM Card - If all 3 spots in there say 'unlocked' then your device is truly unlocked.
    2) Once unlocked, you phone will never lock again. Whoever told you that was talking out their arse.
    Ecm and popengchan like this.
    10-25-13 10:43 PM